Newbie question, need advice

Joebob69

Hey all I'm a newbie here and I am thinking of started my first home grow...this will probably sound like a stupid question to yall.....

I am planning on doing a dwc grow with probably only 2-3 plants..my question is once I germinate my seeds and put them in my pots, what if say all 3 plants turn out to be males?? Should I start 5-6 plants and hope for a couple females and cull the males? How do you guys do it? I'd hate to go through all that work and my plants end up being males..I'm only planning on using probably a 13 gallon tote..any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

you can get feminized seeds from a seedbank, avoid bagseed, as this is your first grow, or if legal YET! in your town you may get local clones known to have come from a (female) mother ...lol

People buy feminized seed- or- grow several plants and hope at least half are female. Sometimes that leads to- too many or too few plants. Too few is dealt with by vegging longer/ bigger. Too many- flower ASAP and/or cull one or two.
After plants sex, start making clones of the females- or sometimes make clones even before they sex, and toss out the males after sexing.

Does this make sense?

Ok thanks! I actually have some bag seeds germinating now but I think I'll take your advice a probably order some! Hopefully all goes well..

People buy feminized seed- or- grow several plants and hope at least half are female. Sometimes that leads to- too many or too few plants. Too few is dealt with by vegging longer/ bigger. Too many- flower ASAP and/or cull one or two.
After plants sex, start making clones of the females- or sometimes make clones even before they sex, and toss out the males after sexing.

Does this make sense?
Yes this makes sense! I appreciate you help!

Back
Top Bottom