Newbie - Stuck with a Slow Ass Seedling

Zero2Hero

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are doing well.

I recently started growing Dr Krippling Grand Heft Auto.

I germinated the seed with the water cup method, and after the taproot popped out, i changed it to kitchen towel method, grew the root about half and inch and then transplanted the seed into Rockwool .

The rockwool was made light proof, put in a propogator with 2 x 42W CFL (Bright White for Veg) lights were placed outside the dome.

The seed sprouted 2 days later with the usual cotyledon. Then came the tiny leaves...

The humidity has been ranging from 65-75. I can set it to a certain level, but i keep changing after reading different articles and blogs. Some growers say, the humidity should be 55, some say 75.. its confusing. Temp has been about 23F.

The lights are on a 18/6 Cycle .

After the seed sprouted, i removed the Humidity dome and put it close to the lights. About 2-3 inches. Now the second set of leaves is popping out. The roots are popping out of the bottom, but the plant is not getting much bigger.

Could someone please tell me what im doing wrong? The pictures you see are taken today on the 7th day of Sprouting. There is barely any increase in height. and the leaves are growing very very slowly.

Oh.. . The rockwool is only being watered with RO @ 5.8 PH.

Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Thanks..

ZERO!

20151218_123105.jpg
20151218_123139.jpg
20151218_123127.jpg
20151218_123143.jpg
20151218_123150.jpg
20151218_123321.jpg
20151218_123111.jpg

Thanks Richard.

I was thinking about going the DWC route. DO you think this is a good time to put it in a DWC bucket? Not many roots at the bottom, and none on the sides...

also.. is it a good or a bad thing that the seedling doesnt feel the need to stretch? should i put the lights away a little>?

heya,
i put my seedling into the bucket when the first root poked out of the bottom of my rw cube. first i thought it might have been to early, but now i think that she loved it to grow into her final container so soon. so i would do the same thing again as took her some time to establish her roots and got through the huge amount of hydroton into the res :)

221010.jpg

she took her time with little progression the first days, but after a week she started to 'explode' :)
you can see the progression in the opening post of my grow journal, started it after the first weeks of vegging before going to bloom 3 weeks ago.

i think your lil' one is doing well and is looking forward to become a big, happy plant at this point.

edit: i don't think you want her to start stretch in this phase, she'll start on her own when time's ready so until she gets to close to the lights, don't move them yet :Namaste:

Thanks Richard.

I was thinking about going the DWC route. DO you think this is a good time to put it in a DWC bucket? Not many roots at the bottom, and none on the sides...

Fire away, Mr Hero :thumb: Though I have no idea about DWC :scratchinghead: She is in good hands :goodluck:

Thank you so much guys!. I will put her in her new home today.

I havent been on this forum for long. But every time i post on this forum, the fact that you guys are so helpful, absolutely boggles my mind.

Thank You so much!.

Zero!

Hello There!
Hope youre all well!!

So i managed to transplant her into her new home which is a 5 Gallon DWC Bucket, with 2 Aitstones (currently The roots have not entered the hyperoxygenated water area.).. Since i didnt have the CFL setup in the grow tent, i had no choice but to put her under a 300W LED Platinum Light (Only on Veg Mode, which i think is about 184watts ). The initial distance between the seedling and the light was about 2.5 Feet.

So the problem is that the Seedling (is it still a seedling) has not gained any height. Its been 5 Days since i transplanted her.. but havent seen a lot of growth in the height department.

Once again, i would like to ask for your help to figure out whats wrong? Should i be feeding them? If not, then when should i feed them? Why isnt the seedling gaining any height? Is the light so strong that its hampering the Height growth? Should i be worried about the height? or just let it be?

Would love to get your expert opinion on this...

Thank you

and Merry Christmas. !

20151223_123154.jpg
20151223_123146.jpg
20151223_123140.jpg

Back
Top Bottom