Newbie ventilation question

There are 2 ways to access your photographs.

1) In the quick reply window at the bottom left My Photos button.

2) Above the quick reply window third icon button from the right side that looks like a camera with a green arrow on the bottom right side.

IMG_35582.JPG

You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

Got a 40x, going for 50%...

You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

I understand no one will probably read this, but damn, I kinda dropped out for a few years. Here's my tale....

So, I got high and forgot I was a member here. So, here's an update. I've had 4 successful grows in the room, 3 were Indica heavy Bianca, 1 was more sativa, White Widow. Both strains did amazingly well. Currently on my fifth, Exodus Haze in it's 4th week of flower. Holy crap, the cheese smell is amazing! It looks pure Sativa, absolutely amazing! It's a cross of Cheese 1 and Haze I think...

Learning just how to dial in the nutes to near perfection, my opinion is, this system is freaking easy to learn and use. AS long as you have your temps and ventilation dialed in of course. If you do, it will take the most heinous clones (this was the white widow grow) and turn them into the most beautiful plants in just a week or two. I had yellowing, crappy, barely rooted clones from trying a new aero clone box I'd built. They went from 0 to 60 so damn quick in this system. It will also transform the stretchiest seedling into what looks like heads of lettuce in no time! Now I'm referring to my first grow, with Bianca. I popped the seeds, kept the light too far away and they streeeeeetcheeed! I almost threw them out but thought what the hell, let's put em' in there. Boom, they took off immediately. What I'm trying to illustrate is that it's a very forgiving system, for newbies such as myself! also, It's had some serious temps thrown at it, both air and water and it just kept kicking butt. If you just try to dial it in, you'll succeed with this room. If you really focus on dialing it in, well, check out das Hazen..

Bottom line on the room, I think I can sneak by in the summer with 1 light at 400 over 1 aeroflo. I dropped a 12000 BTU AC in the wall, and the Tejas summer just kicks it's ass! But it's great for other times of the year. Truly July and August seem to be the worst, I've grown into early June and earliest start was 9-9 this year and the AC performed like a champ. Ventilation is interesting, I exchange air once every hour and a half and then there's a steady flow of air coming in and out through the intake and exhaust, very gentle and steady, that's all and the plants seem to love it!
Last note from the past, I've kept very meticulous journals of each grow, as a lot of you do, and man, these are priceless to others as well as myself.

On to the Exodus Haze grow. I got this Kaliman seed as a freebie in an order. I thought I'd go ahead and pop it since there was only one. Well, it popped, in a starter plug, under an aluminum globe with a tiny Sylvania Micro-mini CFL 6500 K, They're like 13 watts. Here's what I've learned, this is all you need sometimes. This plant got big quick, just under this little globe. I had 2 bianca mommas under 1 each of these and they grew to 3.5' with no problem, and stayed under them for 6 months, under that little ass light! But I digress, So, the Haze pops, it is perfection gene wise, absolutely one of the most perfect marijuana plants I've ever seen! At a foot tall she just looked so perfect, no blemishes, nothing.

I cloned her into a couple more, then ravaged them all for clones around mid august, rooted 40 clones, put them in the aeroflo's and per the aeroflo's easy to use design, they look freaking nice right now! Trying to post a pic
Haze30.JPG

So, still a newbie, but I am mastering my room.

The trick with the haze I found is, low ppm's. I'm talking I never go over 500, hell, I was giving wilted widow clones 6-700, but these girls are very picky with nutes, otherwise, they can tolerate big pH and temp swings with seeming ease. I built a 3' x 6' pvc telescoping stand next to each aeroflo and then ran wire to create 4 bud spots per every 2 aero spots, and these plants were perfect for it, very vine like in structure as most reviewers say, and it's true.

Training the plants was a breeze, but it did put it 3 weeks into veg due to getting all the bud spots to fill up, but they did! And really, 3 weeks of veg isn't horrible, for me anyway. Finally raised the stand the entire way, now I have to install a rudimentary but perfect support system, just 2 x 4's screwed on the floor, with 3/8' holes about a 1/2" deep very close together running the length of the board, Then I bought 100 4' dowel rods, I just stick them in where needed and can tie them to the existing wire supports for strength and I can raise the boards if necessary, they'll need it, these ladies have 7-8 weeks to go, they should pack on some serious weight. Crap, sorry, nutes are advanced's jungle juice MGB and big bud. I start each weekly nute change with the appropriate amounts of MGB and big bud, then during the week I go straight lucas nightly to keep the ppm's around 450-500. The last 3 nights I threw a 1/4 of the normal amount of big bud in with the lucas and man, these girls seem to love it. I have one more big bud week to go,so I think I'll throw some extra in next week as well. pH in these systems is perfect around 5.8-6.3, which is where I keep it at least 90% of the time on every grow and each strain has responded very well.

Thank you all for the advice so many years ago, I'll post pics as the grow goes by and any helpful info.

They are entering their 6th week of flowering here. Still have 5-6 weeks to go. For a strongly Sativa plant,the didn't get horribly tall, only around 33", the colas are getting thick, they smell of cheddar cheese, it's so freaking cool! I always thought the concept of cheese smelling weed would be gross, but it's the opposite, it's magnifique!
08_8_weeks_old_aero_1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom