Zag1962

420 Member
Hi All,

Just started my first grow not long ago. I bought two tents one for veg and one for flowering we can have 12 plants in my state. veg tent is 4x4 6'' out take hyper fan and filter 1200 watt Led, flower tent is 4x8' with 8'' hyper fan out and 6'' hyper intake with filters. this one has two 1200 watt led lights I am hoping to get off to a good start I will try to post some video later today. I am thinking I should probably pick the tops soon but would like some opinions and also when I should turn on the bloom lights.

I want to try and keep my mistakes to a minimal, I did make one so far and that is buying seeds not feminized I still need to pull males.

Thx,
Zag

Today April 5th 2017
image38053.jpg
image38052.jpg

Can This old stoner from the 70s get some opinions on these? Should I pick the tops now and turn on the bloom in a few weeks? These are about 5 weeks old.

Thanks!
Zag

I have 10 gallon pots and the 4x8 gorilla tent with extension. I think it is 7'6" and I have led lights so the don't need to be to far away so they could grow quite q bit without flowering. What height would you recommend?

Thx
Zag

420-magazine-mobile251162518.jpg
i have six plants I vegged out till they filled the net and were 12" off the top of my pot.I shoot for about a 4' plant so I will flower mine around 12". I use a trellis net and spread the plant out as much as I can to get as many tops as I can.you have 10 gallon pots so that's a big pot,the more roots the more nutrients those roots can take up to bring Energy to those tops.my mother plants that I do in soil I tie down witch is a good technique you should try.
420-magazine-mobile2141098863.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1976599390.jpg

420-magazine-mobile251162518.jpg
i have six plants I vegged out till they filled the net and were 12" off the top of my pot.I shoot for about a 4' plant so I will flower mine around 12". I use a trellis net and spread the plant out as much as I can to get as many tops as I can.you have 10 gallon pots so that's a big pot,the more roots the more nutrients those roots can take up to bring Energy to those tops.my mother plants that I do in soil I tie down witch is a good technique you should try.
420-magazine-mobile2141098863.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1976599390.jpg

Very nice! I have a net coming so I will be making a canopy of bud! I still have to pull males so I will still be opening up more room. From now on feminized only.

Very nice! I have a net coming so I will be making a canopy of bud! I still have to pull males so I will still be opening up more room. From now on feminized only.

Welcome to 420 Zag, glad to have you here. Sorry I came across this late but will throw a couple arrows of advice.

One....don't be so quick to ditch the males. As you progress on your growing experiences, you might very well decide you want to breed for seeds and even make your own strains. So with your set up of two tents, you could find a the right guy from the right strain and have yourself a keeper! That would essentially give you all the seeds you would want and the ability to cross strains and find something unique. Fem seeds are great, but so is breeding and not having to buy seeds (though for me buying seeds is kind of like an addiction in itself LOL). I have a small 2x2x4 tent that I am using for breeding.

The other advice is if you aren't in a rush for bud, always veg and train for a little longer (assuming height isn't a concern). It will pay off in the long run.

Other than that, you are looking good. Again, welcome to 420. You should consider a journal that can be found in the journal section of the site instead of here on the "introduce yourself" section.

Welcome to 420 Zag, glad to have you here. Sorry I came across this late but will throw a couple arrows of advice.

One....don't be so quick to ditch the males. As you progress on your growing experiences, you might very well decide you want to breed for seeds and even make your own strains. So with your set up of two tents, you could find a the right guy from the right strain and have yourself a keeper! That would essentially give you all the seeds you would want and the ability to cross strains and find something unique. Fem seeds are great, but so is breeding and not having to buy seeds (though for me buying seeds is kind of like an addiction in itself LOL). I have a small 2x2x4 tent that I am using for breeding.

The other advice is if you aren't in a rush for bud, always veg and train for a little longer (assuming height isn't a concern). It will pay off in the long run.

Other than that, you are looking good. Again, welcome to 420. You should consider a journal that can be found in the journal section of the site instead of here on the "introduce yourself" section.

Thank you for the pointers. I have already ditched the males and am going with the clone king 36 the thing works AWESOME!

Zag

Back
Top Bottom