FleshBlue420

How i just started growing. I got my seeds to grow to lil plants now that are about 6-7 inchs now. i switched them in to a pot with peat moss and perlite, and a few others in poting mix
they don't seem happy at all
help?

what kind of lights are you using... have u started nutes? if u give more info im sure someone can help.

well the thing is i got a set up in my closet
using 200 watts for lighting right now
i have 2 small fans and one exuast fan
thats all i got going

wow
i just talked to a friend and he said they are bad plants if they havent branched off yet
they're like 6 inch tall right now with one set of small leafs

cant really say untill they are grown out!
which is one problem with seeds.. it can be like a litter of puppies, couple good ones and a couple recessive runts lol

its two round leafs and two ridged ones
no sign of other leaf sets
watering once a day with room temp water
using potting soil on one set
and perlite and peat moss on the other
just bought a small fan and i have a exuast fan going to the attic
normal temp in the house is 74

its two round leafs and two ridged ones
no sign of other leaf sets
watering once a day with room temp water
using potting soil on one set
and perlite and peat moss on the other
just bought a small fan and i have a exuast fan going to the attic
normal temp in the house is 74

The plants sound like they are stretching for the light. Get your light closer to them without getting too hot. If it burns the back of your hand it's too close.

What kind of lights? CFL (compact fluorescent) or HID (high intensity discharge - Metal Halide or High Pressure Sodium) are the ones you want. If you have anything else it just won't work, plus waste time and money.

Watering every day will drown them or cause damping off (fungus infection of the main stem). If the pot seems light that's when they need water. the perlite/peat one may need more frequent watering. Seedlings don't need feeding until the 5-6th week if soil grown.

Keep a fan blowing on them to keep fresh air filled with CO2, and to strengthen the stems.

The house may be 74, but the closet temp could soar, so you need to keep track of the closet temp too.

Your friend knows nothing about growing...based on the comments you mentioned. I wouldn't listen to him/her. Just come to 420 Mag and get your questions answered.

Peace,
Akorn:bongrip:

ok i put them closer to the light and they look a lot better
only thing is they grew rapid in the past two days stems are weak it loooks like but the stems are sooo long
is that bad?

lower them, your lights.
hold your hand just under the light where you don't feel a lot of heat and take note of the distance.
lower them to that distance away from the tops of your plants.

why I use floros for clones/seedlings, can sit them an inch away without the heat worry.

ok dude...you never told us eactly what kind of lights you were using only that they were 100 watts...im sure we could help you if we had more details...i hope your not using regular house lights because thats the wrong spectrum

Back
Top Bottom