Newby just lookin to smoke some great dewby

Burtski

Hello everyone. New guy here. I go by Burt. Not my real name. When my wife meet me she said I looked like Burton Cummings so Burt it was. Well her brothers name was the same as mine so I've been called Burt for 33 years now lol. My first grow was just harvested 2 weeks ago of WW. Well out of 3 plants only got 3 oz's lol but its pretty good. Got three clones going at this time. Just went into flowering 2 weeks ago. Hope the end result is better

Hi. Sorry bout my rambling lol. I was reading up on your DWC . Looks great. How long have you been doing your thing this way? And what are the advantages of this system over quality soil? Thanks

Hi Burt!!!

Welcome to 420!! Great place here with some even better people.

400W HPS is where I start and I'm thankful I did. I love HPS!!

If you have any questions or comments. Let me know. Or check out the FAQ section under the "Grow Room" tab. It has everything!!

Look forward to seeing you around!

For some reason I have no luck with soil growing indoors. I have planted in soil in the woods before and they grow pretty well. This is my first go around with DWC system. I generally use the flood and drain system. I know that you can have 2 harvest is one year using hydro, as to soil will only harvest once a year,and I feel that I have more control over the entire grow. Thanks for the reply and good luck

Hey Pete2. How are you? I hope good. Really looked deep into this DWC system. Very interested. Checked out some YouTube videos and it really isn't that difficult to get started.If I may ask a few questions. I take it you start in veg for about 1 month to get some roots going, wash the soil off and set in place. Do you fine the water evaporates after awhile and you have to top up the water supply? Thanks

Well The way I do it is germinated my seeds in a wet paper towel until they were about 5 to 6 inches long. And then put them in the pots. I never use soil. I've heard of people doing that, But I don't see the point. I don't think the water evaporates very much, But in early veg I was topping off the water every 2 to 3 days. As time goes on that will increase. I kept mine for 67 days before I put them into bloom. Now they have to be refilled every day. If you decide to do hydro I will tell you about my complete system and every thing I use.
Here are some pics of my grow from the beginning. Good luck with what ever you decide to do. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to. Lots of good help on this forum.
Grow_room_0023.JPG
pete_006.JPG
8-6-15_004.JPG
Bud_0112.JPG
Bud_0141.JPG

Hi Pete2 . Thanks so much. I will deal with this new idea soon and will let you know my progress. Doing soil at this time but already tired of the hassle, but getting not too bad results. I'm definitely going to try the DWC system. Have a great weekend and again thanks

I must say, Burt, it's only because soil is what I know why I'm still with it. I really feel like it but it's not the most efficient. Soil is a bit of a pain in the ass compared to other systems like DWC. So, it wouldn't be a bad thing to switch over. It just reauires learning all over again. That part makes me a bit cautious.

I'll stick with soil for now. I will try that Pro-Mix HP. Looks siry enough and I've read to add perlite to it. Your thoughts on Perlite? Thanks

HP pro mix has a significant amount of perlite in it already. You should be good with just the bag without added perlite. I use HP Pro mix and I don't add extra perlite. (Remember that perlite doesn't add any nutrients to the soil. It's there for water retention and drainage.

I have 4 WW clones on the go at this time. 2 weeks into flowering. When it comes to flushing the girls should I wait before harvest or can I flush let's say every 2 or 3 weeks. I know flowering takes 8 to 10 weeks to finish. So approximately 3 flushes before harvest. Your thoughts. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom