Newby Panic?

Indicana Jones!

Hi,

I have a grow going and journaled:

First Grow 12/12 No Mercy Style Skunkberry 400W CMH

Brief rundown:

12/12 in a single soil tub filled with 32Liters of Sea Soil, 5L of Perlite and 5L Vermiculite. Skunkberry from PeakSeeds. Fed Iguana grow and bloom plus a little silica, seaweed and a weekly dose of Cal Mag. Right now I'm watering daily about 4 cups and feeding every 3rd watering about 35% recommended strength on the Iguana Juice, 25% on the Cal Mag and Silica and 50% on the Seaweed.

I'm about 30 days out from scissor and things were going well. However over the last 7-10 days I started to get the leaves starting to lighten from dark green to a light green, then the lower fan leaves started to yellow and develop brown or rust colored spots. I expected some of this, but not this much and not until I started to flush. I'm feeding with AN Iguana Juice which is a fert with N but it looks like a N deficiency.

sicko.jpg

I started to worry about PH lockout so I did 2 tests giving PH 6 water and getting PH 6.3 run-off. I'm not sure how to interpret those results though. I thought with my soil and fish based ferts I was looking a high ph but now I'm not so sure. What I am sure of though is that growth has slowed to zilch and they're looking worse and worse each day.

I figure I'm worrying over nothing and this is normal. OR.. I'm facing nute lockout due to PH issues.. OR.. I'm underfeeding?

I seek advice from the community..

Thanks!

Indicana.

Indicana Jones! tour doing good congrats

Anyway BBA is right
Don't take any fan leaves off unless there more than 50% damaged or yellow, as at this point there doing more bad than good.

But it also looks like you may have the early signs Mg deficiency, indication the dark green veins and pale colour of some leaves in the bottom right corner of your pic.
Have you given any Mg other than what is already in your nutrients?

I usually give a couple dose's of epsom salts at day 21 and day 35 in flowering to help the the development of the plant in to full flower, as your plant uses lots at this point and if its not available you can pay the price with a diminished yield.

May i also ask what your night temps are?

ur good. this is normal for soil grows to loose larger fan leaves close to harvest. U should be ok. Now if a rapid loss of leaves occur then I'd say worry. Just remove them when they look like the one on the bottom of the pic toward the dirt.

Yeah, I was planning to start snipping off the obviously dead ones.. Boy does growing MJ rapidly teach you the difference between good scissors and bad ones. :)

Indicana Jones! tour doing good congrats

Anyway BBA is right
Don't take any fan leaves off unless there more than 50% damaged or yellow, as at this point there doing more bad than good.

But it also looks like you may have the early signs Mg deficiency, indication the dark green veins and pale colour of some leaves in the bottom right corner of your pic.
Have you given any Mg other than what is already in your nutrients?

I usually give a couple dose's of epsom salts at day 21 and day 35 in flowering to help the the development of the plant in to full flower, as your plant uses lots at this point and if its not available you can pay the price with a diminished yield.

May i also ask what your night temps are?

I only feed the cal-mag 25% once per week, I can double that, triple, ect easily enough.. My temps swing pretty good especially now that things have cooled off. Nights are in the low 70's and the days in the mid 80's.

Thanks guys!:thanks:

Indicana.

I forgot until after I posted I have a better pic of the lower right in case that would make things easier. I actually have a lot of pics (proud new growers syndrome) so can and will provide as requested. The irony that pic shows is the plant on the lower right, the runt a full 10 inches shorter than her tallest sister is also the greenest plant I still have. :smokin:

Thanks again!

bottomright.jpg

Did u put drain holes in the bottom of that tub b4 planting?

Hi BWC!

I drilled 5 small holes in the tub, one in each corner and 1 in the center. However until last nights deliberate attempt to get run-off I've never had any. I've kept an eye on the soil with a meter and watered when the meter indicated. Last night I simply put a cup under one of the corner holes and watered that end of the tub until I had run-off then watered the rest with what was left.

I have since realised that this does not suite me or my 'style' at all. Turns out I'm a MJ pervert with a watering fetish, I like to tend to them and water them every single day, water, touch, smell, bitch at, ect. My next grow will be hand watered Coco in smart pots, that'll be much more my style I think - all the same nutes though.. cause I've barely used 10% of the stuff I already have! :grinjoint:

Thanks!

Indicana.

Hi BWC!

I have since realised that this does not suite me or my 'style' at all. Turns out I'm a MJ pervert with a watering fetish, I like to tend to them and water them every single day, water.
Try hydro, lol. Coco was more troublesome than soil for me. Just follow the blueprint in some of these journals where u can c the end product. Its kinda that easy. U can however salvage ur grow.

Having a second look at the better picture you've posted , it seems your plant is just naturally dropping leaves.
So there is no need to worry but if it progress rapidly i would add more N to help maintain a healthy plant.

Well that's encouraging. I'll feed them again tonight and just keep going like normal. Thanks!!

Try hydro, lol. Coco was more troublesome than soil for me. Just follow the blueprint in some of these journals where u can c the end product. Its kinda that easy. U can however salvage ur grow.

I have the stuff for Coco in smartpots so I'll be giving that at least one grow. But I'm already thinking of pulling 2-4 of the smartpots and replacing them with Hempy's to see how I like that.

Cheers!

Indicana.

Back
Top Bottom