Newly Floweing plants yellowing from growing too fast?

StonedyCreek

I have recently switched my plants into the 12-12 flowering// They have grown considerably within 24 hours-- much wider than before and more new growth as well.

However it almost seems like the new growth is growing TOO FAST and the coloring is starting to turn from a lush emerald green to a yellower green. Im worried this will soon turn unhealthy. Is this a sign of stress? Too much nutes?

I have seen this happen before and normally its just regular growth that turns back to a nice dark green, but it seems more abundant now from all the new elements that came with entering flowering (new hps light,different soil, diff. hours) I have recently switched their soil with a strong per-lite mix.

These pics hardly do justice (from a few days ago) but I dont have a camera at the moment so they will have to do. I'm particularly talking about the centers of new growth. Any advice would be great thanks everyone:

112211174121.jpg
010580190348.jpg
112211174105.jpg

Re: !!! Newly Floweing plants yellowing from growing too fast?

More than likely a nitrogen deficience.

This might be down to the change of nutrient solution having a lower N value as you are now changing over to the bloom nutrients.

It will eventually even out, but if you are worryed a 50/50 strength of you veg/grow nutrients should do the job.

BTW to much nitrogen can cause weak/floppy growth (side note)

Agreed with the nitrogen def....not a biggie.....check that ph and make sure it's not a slight cal/mag-er either....they look good...this is an easy fix...:ciao:

More than likely a nitrogen deficience.

This might be down to the change of nutrient solution having a lower N value as you are now changing over to the bloom nutrients.

It will eventually even out, but if you are worryed a 50/50 strength of you veg/grow nutrients should do the job.

BTW to much nitrogen can cause weak/floppy growth (side note)

Thanks Fuzz; I'll try and post up some better pictures when I get my camera back from the old lady. I was thinking I might have over done it between the light, new soil mix and all.. Since its a nitrogen deficiency, flushing would only make things worse right? I gotta get a ph tester on the double. Thanks again bud

Agreed with the nitrogen def....not a biggie.....check that ph and make sure it's not a slight cal/mag-er either....they look good...this is an easy fix...:ciao:

Hey thanks Vince appreciate the compliment. I still haven't been able to get that Cal/mag you told me about a while ago. Looks like you were more than right about that one brother.:adore: I didn't see it at the local home d so Im gonna give it a shot at Lowe's once this turkey day crazy dies down.

It's weird the plants are turning yellow but it's almost not in an unhealthy way, its like there thriving; tons of new growth but.. its all like a green yellow.. you know.. could it be the light is too close? I backed it off a little bit to see if that could have something to do with it. I have never used a hps before, so I'm expecting to make a few mistake on these Pineapple kush pups before I crack open the feminised.

ps- Corey hooked it up at BPN and its ll cause of you.:thanks: I ordered a 7-piece lineup just cause after looking at all the reviews, I wanted to try his stuff one way or another. He in turn, matched the 3 gal veg/bloom/micro for a sponsored journal. Gonna do him proud with some master kush and maui fem's I got for after this practice

Aye indeed flushing would create a larger problem or greater deficience.

You may notice on other peoples grows is when they flush their plants in the final last week or 2, that their plants may suffer with nutrient deficience related to the flushing/removal of any salt/mineral build up from chemical fertilizers.

Back
Top Bottom