Newty’s Perpetual Pantry Party & Outdoor Grow Show

Thanks Magoo:) Do you post videos? I’d sub!
HAvent ever done one. Not sure anyone want to hear an ol country boy talk about his 2x4. LOl. But if I do I’ll definitely post them here as well.

Hi Newty,:goodjob: What an inventory of plants in just a short time, and beauties at that. I had withdrawals after my summer grow and went months with no plants. Bad juju but I got through and so will you. I hope you'll consider letting us do your homework for you. We can all learn more solidly that way.;)
Thanks so much Stoneotter:)
This brightens my day every time you post it! :Namaste:

Noted - for my Candida;) Do you counts from pistils out the tips?

And thanks for mentioning the 10days after light flip to start, too. Is that slower than usual?

... so many questions! :D
I count from first pistol spotted so wherever I find it :D

10 days to show a pistil is a long time. I flip mine after a long vegetative period so usually they ready! I will see pistils within a few days of light change. Candida took 10
Thanks Newty! I had forgotten what a pain some of your plants were. Must be because of the sunny attitude you bring :).

One more shoe and it's a horse!
Hahaha thanks Shed :)
Man sis it makes me so happy to see you run with you're passion and continuation of killing it the garden. Keep up the hard work as it's paying off for ya. It shows.
Thanks so much Derbs:)

NEWTY’S PANTRY PARTY & OUTDOOR GROW SHOW

CHAPTER IV REVIEW

Part 4 of 4

Psycho – 1 Fem Amnesia Trance seed (Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds)

2 gallon airpot

This plant grew herself, seriously. She was low maintenance and just did her thing regardless of what chaos was going on around her:D She really only started to get some signs of heat/light stress near the end and only the tallest buds (leaves got crispy). She was constantly defoliated and loved it/needed it. She and the blue dream got the longest flush because I expected to chop them earlier than I did. She got a 10 day flush with low floraklean and molasses. She did not fade or change colour at all during that time except for some purple caused by low temps at night. She did not have any hermies and was seemed indifferent about food/nutrients:) She was topped, trained and supercropped like the rest of them and bounced back great from all of this. I will be growing her again when I get a taller tent.

I have not tried the smoke yet because she just went into the jars but the smell is daaaaank. She was started in late September and harvested on Jan 17th or day 70 of flower (counting since pistil always).She was trimmed wet and dried in the boxes for a week. She weighs in at 144 grams or 5.1 oz.

Hot Rod – 1 Fem Blue Dream seed ( Humboldt Seed Organization)

2 Gallon Airpot

This was the seed that blasted out and after 24 hours in paper towel, it was found completely out of the seed pod, I planted it anyways (delicately) as it was the only seed I had of this strain. She was stunted for about 2 weeks and then continued to grow really slow in veg. She was the smallest of the 4 that popped together. I actually had her in the misfit tent until I saw her get her groove on. The girl likes sleep:D She was switched to 11/13 and just took off right into the big girls tent and eventually tied down in the back corner:D She truly got the worst of the stress including the multiple supercrops in flower all the way up to week 8. Heat and light stress started in week 2 and she had a calcium deficiency that I caught early and repaired with double doses of calimagic. This girl also did not like a lot of nutrients and burnt easily.

Hermies found in week 4 but only a few (that I ate) and then found some new ones in the last week...fresh green nanners...I ate those too! They were sterile and thank god because that whole room could have been pollinated and I knew the risk I was taking by leaving her in there when I found them in week 4. #phewf #gohardorgohome :D

She was easily the frostiest plant I had and all the stems are loaded with trichomes. These started early and I wonder how much is genetics and how much is stress?? She was different shades of purple all over her fans and buds, and this started early. This was perhaps due to genetics and partly due to low temps at night. I have also learned recently that purpling stems and leaves can be caused by intense light similar to a sun tan. Her buds are not very dense and so many fox tails. This strain also deserves a redo when I have a taller tent. This runty misfit sure turned into the most beautiful monster.

The initial tests (I couldn't wait) are OUTSTANDING Smooth, sweet and decadent (best word I can think of). She is my favourite smell this run and I LOVE the smell of Moby and Liberty. She is potent and makes my brain very fuzzy for a long time Eeeeeeee! I will be sending some of this and a few other strains to some weed besties to test and compare notes!

She was started at the end of September and was harvest on Jan 19th or day 72 of flower. She was hung to dry in the tent for a week and then trimmed and into a turkey bag. She weighed 157 grams or 5.6 oz.

That's the last of em

RIP :rip:
2 x male Kona Gold plants-murdered by moi

What I did well:

*Defoliation
*Training
*Nutrients dialed in
*Perfect pot size
*I completed a 9 strain run
*harvest/dry/cure on point
*NO BUGS!

Overall learning and improvement for the next grow

Temperature Control – I need to run the lights at night when its cooler and off in the day when its warmer. Secondary, I need a bigger tent so I can add a space heater or my portable air conditioner if needed. The 2 extremes with temps this run was way too stressy for my gals and if I am going to abuse them all myself on purpose, I need their environment to be peacful. All 9 strains had some purple colours, ranging from VERY purple buds and leaves to just some purple spotting on fan leaves and stems. Some started turning purple right a way and those are the plants I feel were purple from low temps but also because of genetics; Candida, Liberty Haze and Blue Dream. Hmmmm?

Light stress and heat stress likely caused the hermies I found on multiple plants. Honestly, with all the nanners found in both tents on multiple plants in various stages of flower (blue dream) but mostly at the end, I was SHOCKED to not find 1 single seed. I am thinking there are different types of plant hermaphrodites and the ones I had were caused by a high stress lifestyle. Perhaps I was just lucky or perhaps my stress induced nanners are actually sterile. Something to note at least.

Nutrients – I am going to continue dialing this in using full GH moving forward. I think I have it down but need to work on setting up an automatic irrigation system just for the flowering tent (for now). I was hand watering these things 3 times a day (with multiple mixtures) for most of flower just to keep the medium moist. NOPE

Space constraints – I meaaaaaan I did all of this in two tents (3ft x 3 ft x 5ft) so I had to prepare heavily while still getting the yield that I wanted. I think I did really well considering the space I had but I know I can do better so I am getting a 4x4x7ft tent for my flower room and that should solve my problems, at least for now.

I totalled up a few things for my records...

First total is my break down of each grow:

First grow, 3 plants 29 g or 1 oz
Second grow, 3 plants 123.2 g or 4.4 oz
Third grow, 6 plants 293.6 g or 10.5 oz
Fourth grow, 10 plants 621 g or 22.1 oz
aaaaaaand….
Fifth grow, 9 plants 990 grams or 35.3 oz :D

I had a further look at the numbers over this past year and a half, I have grown 31 plants successfully to harvest with a total of 2056.8 grams or 73 oz. Whoaaa (Joey Lawrence voice)

Some truly great learning has happened in this chapter, not only from the plants I have grown but also from each and every one of you. You all encourage, support and inspire me to be more ME than I have ever been and for that I am grateful.

Great review newty :goodjob: you can really see the progress your doing now. Your girls are lovely !! So your figuring that your temps/lights caused your hermies, what kind of temps were you getting and/or range?
Thanks do much pal:)

I was getting readings as high as 86F and low as 58F and that was both tents. I think the misfit tent was getting as high as 90 because I had the lights too low for a week and there were 2 diff LEDs in that one. Also I had a space heater going in that bedroom at night.
Do you reuse your dirt newty? Or do you just collect and toss in the garbage bags?
yes I bag it and save it for spring and then process it for reuse in pots outdoors or my garden beds.
Great wrap up and an amazing result for 9 plants. What you can get into and out of those tents and those pots is a work of genius. Most excellent chapter!

Okay, it's a horse :).

This was my question too...what were those cold nighttime temps?
Haha I love horses!! Thanks Shed! I best come catch up at everyone’s! Back at school this week so I’ll be slow I’m sure.

For Temps see above;)
:bravo: Newty! Great chapter review :D And a very successful chapter as you say - with over 2lbs! :eek: That’s a lot of herb you’ve wrangled from plant to jar/oil/butter over the last few weeks. :ganjamon:
Thanks Amy!! I’m very proud of myself this time.
I remember snow on the ground, so cold.
Ya it’s a bit nippily out (how my sis and I refer to these cold days) :D

So I was talking to my grow bud in San Diego today. I told him the frigid temps when he asked why I wasn’t just washing my coco outside now LOL I told him it was -20 here and he was shocked! He’s never felt this kind of cold and said he’s never been north of SAN Fran. CRAZY to me that there are some people who have not experienced snow.
:passitleft:

a bit nippily out (how my sis and I refer to these cold days) :D
:DSeriously. How my partner and I always do too! :high-five: And after years and years, it still makes me giggle every time one of us says it :)

I love the Christmas lights bud shot btw :yummy: and all the POV work in your IG and YT vids is tops :popcorn:

I’m a weirdo who doesn’t have Instagram or Facebook or any social media platforms.

420 is all that to me! I could care less what someone had for breakfast and I feel like Facebook is just that. An annoying tool to help people sit in front of a screen longer lol

Lol newty using why arnt you using metric? You got me googling ... j/k.

I've got up to 30°c a few times, and maybe down to 16 or 15°c . I know that's a large flux on temps but I dont feel like it would be a cause for hermies. My light was around 18 inches (lmao, standard) from the canopy, and I didn't see any light burn.

I think my main concern is humidity. My tent is always low on humidity, mostly down around 40%, I'm wondering if that's stressing mine out

Social media is the future man especially if you want to have a small business one day. It’s all great marketing and an awesome way to meet other like minded individuals. I’m building so many cool relationships with people that are starting out like me or already have their businesses running. Mentorship is important to me as I figure out my brand moving forward. This Canadian cannabis culture or industry is already overwhelmingly saturated by too many people so it’s going to help to have good connections I think.

And if the people want to know what I had for breakfast then who am I to deny them :D

Lol newty using why arnt you using metric? You got me googling ... j/k.

I've got up to 30°c a few times, and maybe down to 16 or 15°c . I know that's a large flux on temps but I dont feel like it would be a cause for hermies. My light was around 18 inches (lmao, standard) from the canopy, and I didn't see any light burn.

I think my main concern is humidity. My tent is always low on humidity, mostly down around 40%, I'm wondering if that's stressing mine out

40% should be ok unless they are veggin? Then that could cause a bit of stress.
Hahaha I use Imperial because that’s what most use on here;)

I think my hermies were from the too close proximity of the lights.

I’m a weirdo who doesn’t have Instagram or Facebook or any social media platforms.

420 is all that to me! I could care less what someone had for breakfast and I feel like Facebook is just that. An annoying tool to help people sit in front of a screen longer lol

But you spend all day in front of the screen on 420 mag. This forum is social media. You are as much an addict as the people who share pictures of their breakfast.

I was socialmedia free until I joined here :eek: so it was a huge step when I first did. Took me ages to feel comfortable with it.

Then I joined Instagram in April last year and while I’ve nearly deleted it a few times (I deleted FB and Twitter - can’t stand ‘em!) I think there’s great aspects to the Instagram platform in particular. I think its the sharing of images premise, or something. Like newty said - I’ve made some amazing connections through it, including finding a pathway to diagnosis and appropriate treatment that may never had happened if I hadn’t met people there. So the times that I hate it I just try to dip out for a bit, and remember that the positive turns my physical situation is taking now, absolutely would not be happening if I’d never joined Instagram - it’s a wild thought :eek:

Still - always good to switch everything off for a day or three every now and then ... “I miss the quiet space that use to exist in my mind before the internet...”

Many of us here would remember “before the internet”, I’m sure :)

And I don’t mind seeing what newty does/has at breakfast! :yummy: I actually look forward to newtys insta posts the same way I do around here.
There’s a lot of shit on insta, to be sure, an absolute shitload of it :laugh: But that’s true of anywhere in the world... just have to find yo’ places :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom