Nexus2014

nexus2014

Hello everyone.

I am new to the forums and am also a grower with minimal experience. I have started 3 grows over the last year and a half. No success with the first two, due to environmental conditions. My last was fair but, way short of what I expected. I had a grow room and was using knowledge from my last two experiences.

Now I am building a grow box. So far the box is coming along very good. it is a Sterilite plastic cabinet, 3' L x 2' W x 2' D. the growing area is approx. 6 cubic feet. I want to go Hydro, so I will have to do my home work. There are so many ways to Nute. I ordered a S&P TD Series Inline Fan. For 4 inch round duct - 101/97 cfm (high/low). I also have two small intake fans I mounted on the bottom back of the box. From my past experience, ventilation is paramount, especially for a grow box. Will this inline fan be sufficient? With such a small grow area, I figured this would be good. I can always add another fan. My question is this? When flowering, should the fans be blowing the same as when vegging?

Thanks

Hi, Nexus. Welcome to the forums! If we can't find answers for you here, we can't find them anywhere :;):

I think your planning sounds in-line (ha) with what I've seen and read. If the rating on your fan is 97 (min) cfm, and your grow space is 12ft³ (LWH = 3x2x2), we'd divide 97/12 to get ~8. This means your fan could exchange the air 8 times per minute, provided that the intake is adequate. Eight times a minute is more than enough - I've read exchanging 2-3 times a minute is sufficient.

I'm basing these calculations off information in these threads, which contain much more information than I have experiental knowledge (I just read a lot.)

How Much Ventilation Do I Need in My Grow Room?

How Do I add Ventilation to my Grow Area, What Can I Do about Smell?

This link has just about everything you could ever want to know about MJ:

How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!

Have a great day! ;)

Back
Top Bottom