Nibec's Single Plant CFL Kalashnikova SCROG

Well, heres a little update.

i accidently ripped a fan leaf off while training, so i figured it would be a cool photo :p
23346009.jpg

anyways, im starting to see pistils shooting out everywhere, and no sign of any sacs still..

i just did my count, and off that one plant im seeing over 50 bud sites, so im quite happy about that.

next scrog im going to have much more time for her, so i can really pack that screen up and not have a bunch of empty squares.

anyways, enough talk. here is what she looks like currently

863686457.jpg

personally i think its kind of impressive given the stress i have put her threw, and this being my first hydro attempt, AND first grow in this cabinet. and yes its still just one plant.

the screen you are looking at goes 16" back, and 36" long

dude go ahead and toot your horn!! thats beautifull man!!!
A freind of mine took 2 leaves like the one shown and glued them inside his tail lights (I know what you are thinking)of his dodge van.
it was an awsome van. just like the ones we would cruise in back in the 70s.shag carpet, mushroom windows and a big overhead console with a CB radio and a cassette player. Oh and to make it better he found an old FM converter:) sorry for the prattle:)

thanks guys, i have a decently solid knowledge for soil, but being the first hydro attempt, i definatly put her through a lot of stress in the first months.

hopefully next run, i can keep BOTH of them alive from the start, and get that screen filled in a third of the time. which shouldnt be too difficult, seems how even if i stress them the same amount (which i shouldnt, i think i have a pretty strong footing in what NOT to do now :p) 2 plants will fill that screen a LOT faster. the last 3 weeks of veg was just trying to get her to stretch over and fill the void where the other one was, if the other one was there, i probably would have flipped close to a month sooner.

New update as of today.

Right half of the screen
righthalf.jpg

Left half of the screen.
left_half.jpg

if i was more patient i could have filled more... but. next time.

shes flowering now... i wont slack. haha i slack when i have little time, and shes in her boring veg state.

ok well maybe not.. i only slacked becasue i was working 76 hour weeks, and literally came home and passed out.. it would be 3-4 days before i even realized i hadn;t checked on her.. time blended together too much, and i was toast. lol

but, im down to 52 hour weeks. so im not so dead all the time and actually have a life again outside of work :p

gettin very frosty. ill get a pic update here in a week or so.

im actually very surprised how fast her buds are forming. probably the fastest i have ever had a plant go.

she was showing a slight magnesium def on about 3 smaller fan leaves, but her PH was a little low (5.2), so i added a few ML of calmag, and bumped her PH back up to around 6.0 to ensure she can take what she needs of it. ill let it drop back to 5.8 ish on its own (if i dont touch it at all it seems to sit at 5.1-5.6 without any adjusters.. and if i add any up OR down, its back to those ranges within 1-2 days... its kind of strange. but, i'v come to accept it :p)

im planning on not changing the water until harvest. so i'v adjusted my feedings according to what she should be eating. same as i did with the last couple months of veg.

im keeping her steady around 700ppm, and shes dropping it to about 620 everyday. with around 1.5 liters of water drunk per day as well.

cant wait until those buds start fattening up! she smells beautiful.

Lookin' good there Nibec! :thumb:

After all the work you put into her it looks like your gonna get a decent pay-back.

:peace:

absolutely love it!! grow grow grow

figured i would stop in and put up a couple pics.

here are 2 of the flowers that are closest to the doors, and easy to get to :p

Picture_002140.jpg

Picture_001143.jpg

hey bro just did the chop at my house. not as pretty as yours. but you can checkem out if you like:)

I dunno, yours looks pretty awesome. I would be proud of that :)

Anyways. As far as the stink from my Kalashnikova goes.. Very very sweet smelling. Iv
Never grown white widow or ak47 before.. So wasn't sure what to expect.. But it's very very strong smelling. From a distance she smells like a skunk.. But as you get closer, it's almost a citrus like smell.

Can't wait to see what she smokes like!

So little update, no pics.

they have just started filling out, and damn there is a lot of bud in there! im not going to make an estimate yet as i still have 3-4 weeks to go, but shes looking awesome!

a few of my pistils are maturing, and shes getting white as snow.

There is a slight cal, and mag def going on, so, im going to add a shot of calmag again to my next top up.

when she finished her stretch, i positioned my lights about 2" above the tops, and as of today i'v had to raise my lights about 3.5" ... she seems to love me now! :p

still no signs of balls, so at least i know i didnt screw her up too bad!

im going to be swtiching things up next grow however. 2 major changes.

1) im not going to run CFL's, im going to drop a CMH bulb in the cab as it runs a lot cooler than my HPS bulb. (heat was the only reason i ended up going CFL)
2) im going to use the gas lantern routine, instead of 18/6. ill run 4 cfl's in there for the 1 hour on, and obviously the CMH for the 12 hours.

lastly, it wont be kalashnikova, but "exodus cheese" so we will see how it works out :) im pretty excieted for the new setup, and pretty much the day i chop this plant, i will be modifying my cab to run the CMH, and running a 72 hour test to make sure i can dial it in temp wise before i put my new babies in there.

anyways, ill have a picture update on the weekend, ill let them fill out a little more before i throw in pictures :)

so, just starting week 6, and shes lookin great.

a little brown here and there on some leaf tips. not 100% what from. I was thinking at first they were getting light burn, but, after seeing it on some of the stuff under the screen as well, im ruling that out. it also looks like a few leaves are being "eaten" but im pretty sure those ones were just the plants mistake OR those ones are acutally light burn. i have my lights about 1/4" above the tops, so, some fans occasionally reach up and hurt themselves :p

good new is, the brown tips is not progressing, there are however a few pretty bad leaves, but after dosing some calmag at a moderate/heavy application into my nute water, it all seems to have stopped.

long story short. pretty sure it was a little light burn mixed with a little mag def.

im currently charging up my camera battery and once its charged ill take a few pics of some buds, and the infected leaves. then ill clip the damage.

if anyone wants to throw in their 2 cents once i get the pics up about the tips and few leaves, im all ears.

Picture_001144.jpg

Picture_002142.jpg

Picture_003142.jpg

Picture_005127.jpg

Picture_006114.jpg

and lastly... the leaves. this is only on 2 of the flowers, and has been for a long time with no progression. looks like burn to me... or mag def... but... i'v never pushed my plant past 700ppm

Picture_004140.jpg

Nope, not like yours green.

I'm not sure what happened to mine, Iv been running her at a low ppm, though it could have been ph related at some point, or maybe mag def.

But like I said, it's only on 2 flowers, and has been like that for a couple weeks with no progression. So I'm not too worried.

Back
Top Bottom