Nicer the piece=harder to clean

RooRman

I have found that all the pyrex glass waterpipes with nice art on them are next to immpossible to clean all the way in any reasonable manner of time. The resin just sticks to them so well and all the curves and small parts that you cannot reach means you will never get it completely clean. Has anyone else encountered this problem and how do you clean your pieces?
I have a RooR pipe and it is the easiest thing to get actually totally clean I have ever come across. The are made or scentific borscillate glass instead of pyrex and the fact that they are a straight tude means you can brush the whole inside. Don't get me wrong some of those artsy waterpipes look awesome but you can't clean the damn thing to save your life.

I've noticed some things are harder to clean. You just have to soak it a bit longer in the iso & salt. The cheap stuff is easy to clean cause most of the time its simple. Very little work done to the glass besides colors and shaping.

I do not like to smoke out of a dirty pipe. I hear you guys loud and clear. Does putting salt in with the alcohol really help? Also, during cleaning is the only time when I break stuff, I hate that.

The salt acts like sandpaper. It kinda scrubs off the resin better.

SlimDog53185 said:
The salt acts like sandpaper. It kinda scrubs off the resin better.

I figured that. About how much salt should I use? I also like to cut the alcohol with hot water too, instead of using a whole bottle of alcohol on one piece.

In addition, these double walled slides are the most difficult things to clean I have ever come across in my entire life. Also, this downstem is filthy. Any more tips? Would love to hear them.

For the down stem I use a q-tip. Works great on my bubbler. For a pipe I always pack it with salt then pore in the iso. When I had a bong I just put a couple tablespoons of salt.

Wow, the slide came clean so easy with salt and alcohol. I had to take the stem out to brush it but it is clean now too as well as the whole inside of the waterpipe. Thanks for the tips guys, I love clean pieces. It's like I just got a brand new waterpipe because I haven't used this one in ages.

Happy smoking:bongrip:

I disagree ever since i found alcohol and salt it will clean it instantly. Just put it in a zip lock bag if really dirty puts alot of salt and alot of alcohol and shake shake shake . Done. :allgood:

Edit .. sorry didnt read all the post glad you found alcohol and salt it works wonders for every thing

I can't say this enough, you guys fucking rock! I tried it and it worked amazingly well, I'll never buy those 420 solutions again :adore:

Yes the 4:20 stuff and the Orange Chronic Cleaners do not work half as well as the alcohol and salt. Now I just need more damn iso. alcohol :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom