Nice's 2x4 Medicine Cabinet Featuring Intelligent Gro II 270W LED With Top Feed / E

nice

photo-2610.jpg

Welcome to my 1st Journal. This will be my 4th grow overall and my 2nd grow in hydro. Click here to visit my last grow. The purpose of this journal is to exchange ideas and experiment.

I will be growing Blue Dream (x2 plants)
under Intelligent Gro II 270w LED (3x 90w)
in a V-scrog formation,
in Hydroton,
watered with a combo of Ebb&Flow + Top Feed,
using Jungle Juice nutrients, with kelp extract and worm tea( ph 5.5-5.8)
with aerated buckets (2x 5 gallon)
in a 2'x4' cabinet (designed by my good friend @jandre2k3)

IMG_29847.jpg

Re: nice's 2x4 Medicine Cabinet, featuring Intelligent Gro II 270w LED, with Top Feed

IMG_29947.jpg

Looking through yellow safety glasses
IMG_29464.jpg

Water is pumped from below every hour for 15 minutes, trickling over the top and flooding the tubs 4" high. About 2.5 gallons stay in circulation When the pump switches off, gravity pulls the water back through the pump, into the bucket.

IMG_29347.jpg

This light is a beautiful design, and it's much thinner than my old light, allowing for more growing room!
IMG_29926.jpg

The weather outside is around 100 degrees F. Without running AC it would be 99 in my apartment.
photo-2510.jpg

The day starts and ends with an hour of blue light, slowly building up to 100%
IMG_29557.jpg

IMG_29769.jpg
IMG_29758.jpg
405W_angled_lit_500-400x400.png
135W_facing_right_500-400x4001.png

For more info on the lights go to www.intelligentgro.com

Re: nice's 2x4 Medicine Cabinet, featuring Intelligent Gro II 270w LED, with Top Feed

The Red Channel in photoshop
red15.jpg
The Blue Channel
blue20.jpg
And finally the green channel
green18.jpg
Notice how there is almost no light hitting the green channel? That's because there is almost no green coming from the light.

Very nice! What are the plans for the moms and clones?

Subbed!
I offer the clones online (not here) and that covers my power bill. Harlequin is perpetually in demand because it's clone only. I plan on keeping the moms until they die or I need the space for new moms. These moms-to-be are re-vegging from harvest and have yet to produce clones..
IMG_29398.jpg

Signs of trouble. Plant A is wilting as of last night. It could be root rot or It could be parasitic nematodes. The last 2 weeks I have tried H2O2 on the nematodes without success. Now I am trying worm castings, hoping that the biology will keep things under control. So far the nematodes are scarce, but the wilting here worries me, and the roots on plant A are not that big.
corn_stunt_nematode.jpg
photo-28f.jpg
photo-27f.jpg

Signs of trouble. Plant A is wilting as of last night. It could be root rot or It could be parasitic nematodes. The last 2 weeks I have tried H2O2 on the nematodes without success. Now I am trying worm castings, hoping that the biology will keep things under control. So far the nematodes are scarce, but the wilting here worries me, and the roots on plant A are not that big.
Sorry to hear about the troubles. Wish I knew what to tell ya. I've seen it happen a few times. sometimes they come back after a good flush, sometimes they desiccate away. Couldn't tell ya what's causing this one.

The other plant is fine. I gave it a flush this morning and now there's new nutes. Some of the leaves are crisping up. :(

Plant A bit the dust, taken down by some kind of maggot like larva. Plant B will now fill the box. I ran out of jungle juice and decided to switch to Roots Organics.
IMG_31306.jpg
IMG_32937.jpg
photo-25k.jpg

upgrade to the the veg area. She is not the mothership yet, but we are getting close. Jandre2k3 is babysitting some genetics for me over in his Maternity Ward. Not quite ready J!
image14539.jpg
image14540.jpg

This week I added a 10 gallon fish tank, for the purpose of generating CO2. I know it won't make a big difference, but humor me. Do you think the humidity will be a problem?
I am also switching to GLR. Next week I'm switching to flower. Every day now starts and finishes with red/infared instead of blue/UV
IMG_3422_1_.jpg
IMG_3409_1_.jpg
IMG_3413_1_.jpg
IMG_3408_1_.jpg
IMG_3404_1_.jpg
Scan00052.jpg

Fishtank in the grow box! Good idea! If the RH goes above 40% on a regular basis though, I would think about removing it before going into flower. Risk of mold is higher with each percentage over 40% humidity. I don't need to elaborate on what that could mean for your delicate flowers.

And grats on the NINE FINGER LEAVES!!

I would also bend that blue dream over to the left to better fill the space in the box.

The fish tank is out. Jandre came over and did a little reconfiguration of MK2, moving the fan and filter to create more vertical space. She is now under 12/12 instead of GLR.

image14873.jpg
image14872.jpg
image14870.jpg

Oops mistook 17:00 for 7:00 for a week! So officially today is the start of 12/12

The Blue Dream had nitrogen toxicity or "the claw" and I was loosing leaves off the bottom every day. Jandre23k advised me to do a flush so I did, 25 gallons worth. The leaf dropping stopped and so did the claw. 20 clones were taken 2 weeks ago, and they are now rooted. Another 10 or so were taken today. I took 15 Harlequin clones too, after loosing two of the moms to root rot. The mothership is still going strong with 5 harlequin moms.

IMG_35452.jpg

image15179.jpg

Guess what I found on my plant today. She is a he. I took a chance on these BD clones that came up from a root system. I assumed that because the parent plant was F the offshoots would be too. I feel so stupid and depressed right now. I took out my frustration be destroying the plant, and rounding up all the clones. I am lucky that I didn't give anyone one of these.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom