420 Magazine Background

Nicky Goes To Mars: Test Of Mars Hydro FC4800 & Mars Tent

nickeluring

I got the opportunity from Mars Hydro to try their gear. So, a big thanks to @Mars Hydro for that! :Namaste:
For this grow I'll be using a Mars Hydro tent of size 1.20 x 1.20 x 2 m, and a Mars Hydro FC4800 LED light.
The tent and light feel like they're of great quality. The tent design is really good and it has all the necessary openings. I love the openings on the sides which give easy access to all plants. The light just seems outstanding! Excellent design and I love the dimming function.

Also, I'd like to thank my seed sponsors for this grow: Barney's Farm and Sweet Seeds.
Sweet Seeds sent me some seeds a while ago, and I have 3 strains to choose from, and 2 days ago I got a goodie pack from Barney's Farm giving me 4 strains to choose from.

My options from Sweet Seeds are:
  • Sweet Cherry Pie
  • Red Hot Cookies
  • Red Mandarine F1
And the selection Barney's Farm sent me:
  • Blue Sunset Sherbert
  • Biscotti Mintz
  • Lemon Tree
  • Mimosa x Orange Punch
I will only grow 4 strains this grow and save the others for the next one. The seeds I have started for this grow all have similar flowering times and they are:
My main plants will grow in coco.
I will only grow 4 plants in the tent, but while there is space I will let some outdoor soil plants use light. 4 of the outdoor plants I will give away in a couple of weeks. I'll give them a good start for a friend. They are: Diesel, Black Domina, Bruce Banner, and Critical.
2 of the outdoor plants I'll keep for myself: Diesel and Cinderella 99.
In the pictures, the outdoor plants all have white pots while my main coco plants have black pots.
For my 4 main plants I will start them in 1 liter air pots before transplanting them to 11 liter fabric pots. They will be heavily trained, I'm considering manifolding them.

Everybody is welcome join my grow!

Tent - 2.jpg

Tent - 5.jpg

Tent - 6.jpg

Sweet Seeds seeds.jpg

Barney's Farm seeds.jpg

Squiggle

I got the opportunity from Mars Hydro to try their gear. So, a big thanks to @Mars Hydro for that! :Namaste:
For this grow I'll be using a Mars Hydro tent of size 1.20 x 1.20 x 2 m, and a Mars Hydro FC4800 LED light.
The tent and light feel like they're of great quality. The tent design is really good and it has all the necessary openings. I love the openings on the sides which give easy access to all plants. The light just seems outstanding! Excellent design and I love the dimming function.

Also, I'd like to thank my seed sponsors for this grow: Barney's Farm and Sweet Seeds.
Sweet Seeds sent me some seeds a while ago, and I have 3 strains to choose from, and 2 days ago I got a goodie pack from Barney's Farm giving me 4 strains to choose from.

My options from Sweet Seeds are:
  • Sweet Cherry Pie
  • Red Hot Cookies
  • Red Mandarine F1
And the selection Barney's Farm sent me:
  • Blue Sunset Sherbert
  • Biscotti Mintz
  • Lemon Tree
  • Mimosa x Orange Punch
I will only grow 4 strains this grow and save the others for the next one. The seeds I have started for this grow all have similar flowering times and they are:
My main plants will grow in coco.
I will only grow 4 plants in the tent, but while there is space I will let some outdoor soil plants use light. 4 of the outdoor plants I will give away in a couple of weeks. I'll give them a good start for a friend. They are: Diesel, Black Domina, Bruce Banner, and Critical.
2 of the outdoor plants I'll keep for myself: Diesel and Cinderella 99.
In the pictures, the outdoor plants all have white pots while my main coco plants have black pots.
For my 4 main plants I will start them in 1 liter air pots before transplanting them to 11 liter fabric pots. They will be heavily trained, I'm considering manifolding them.

Everybody is welcome join my grow!

Tent - 2.jpg

Tent - 5.jpg

Tent - 6.jpg

Sweet Seeds seeds.jpg

Barney's Farm seeds.jpg
Great write up and awesome set up. I'm tagging along for this ride, if that's ok

nickeluring

You got real nice section of seeds there bud

I'm in for this. Nice setup and seeds.
Welcome guys!
Yes, I agree about the seeds. Both these breeders have lots of strains with flavours I prefer. I'm really happy with previous experiences with their strains. But Barney's Farm must have read my mind. I only asked for the Mimosa x Purple Punch, and made a mental note about which strains to grow next, and BF sent me those exact strains without me ever mentioning them. :oops:

Ljb1

Welcome guys!
Yes, I agree about the seeds. Both these breeders have lots of strains with flavours I prefer. I'm really happy with previous experiences with their strains. But Barney's Farm must have read my mind. I only asked for the Mimosa x Purple Punch, and made a mental note about which strains to grow next, and BF sent me those exact strains without me ever mentioning them. :oops:
I do like barney's strains to its that blue sunset sherbet and biscuitso mints got my head turned they sound nice

nickeluring

I do like barney's strains to its that blue sunset sherbet and biscuitso mints got my head turned they sound nice
Yep, one of those Biscotti Mintz seeds goes into a pot next round for sure.

nickeluring

All 10 girls are up and my 4 main girls are looking great. I saw some stretching happening, so I turned the dimmer up a notch to about 60%.

I need to leave them all over the weekend, so I had to make automated feeding for the 10 girls in the tent. Since they are both soil and coco plants I have to use 2 separate systems.
I'm currently calibrating the emitters so they all release at the same rate, and will install it all later. I also need to buy some more stuff today to handle the run off.

Resizer_16274740123960.jpg

nickeluring

The auto irrigation system is done. I made 2 separate systems, one for coco and one for soil. Hopefully the girls will survive the weekend on their own...

All Irrigation done.jpg

nickeluring

nickeluring

I just checked in on the girls remotely, and I can see the feeding is working. I can also see one of the fans has stopped oscillating, so I need to look for another one. Hopefully one of better quality. This has happened to so many fans of mine. I still have a bag of maybe 15 fans that all have stopped oscillating. I have now learnt to always open new fans up and put some grease on all the gearing bits. I also spray some oil on the fan axis. This give them some extra life.

Resizer_16277497408090.jpg

Top Bottom