Nicopalm's CFL Afghan Skunk Cheapie Soil Grow

It is now day #25 of 12/12. There's not too much to report. Bud size and density is growing nicely and a few of the tops are approaching 6 inches long already. Trichomes are now easily visible to the naked eye, and are extending from the buds onto surrounding leaves. I've Been playing around with the powershot some more, here's a bit of eye candy for everyone :passitleft:

IMG_0001233.JPG

IMG_0002242.JPG

IMG_0003254.JPG

IMG_0004244.JPG

IMG_0005242.JPG

IMG_0006229.JPG

IMG_0007208.JPG

IMG_0008210.JPG

Coming along nicely nicopalm.... Loads of budsites.. Really nice and open structure, after all your training on her..

Those new bulbs will help you too no doubt..

Nice clear pics too..

:high-five:

Thanks BW.. I appreciate your kind words. After reading through your grow journal I am very impressed, you have taken the cheapie style to the plateau man, great job! I am trying my best to achieve the same thing as you, organic nirvana at minimal cost. Hopefully in a couple more rounds through this room and a few upgrades as I go, I will be on my way there lol

Thanks for stopping by :high-five:

Good day to all, today is the 27th day of 12/12. Got a bit of light burn visible in a few pics, I consider the tips of fan leaves to be "expendable" in a cfl grow where you are trying to keep your buds as close to the bulbs as possible. I usually just defoliate those leaves to get the buds closer to the light, but i took pics first before doing my chores today lol.

Everything is a nice healthy shade of green and progressing very nicely. I've been giving her food juice every second day with straight water and molasses once per week still. Although now she is almost bone dry within 48 hours, there has been no wilting or any signs of stress because of it, so i figure she's enjoying the oxygen at her roots and doesn't mind being a bit thirsty lol.

Trichomes.. they are extending halfway down alot of the leaves on the larger buds, and even the smaller buds are getting nice and frosty. The smell is incredibly intoxicating. It is best described as unwrapping a 1lb. brick of fine afghani hash and taking a nice big whiff of the brick, I almost feel stoned just smelling it!

Just smoked some liberty haze and I'm feeling very elevated.. so theres ALOT of pics today... enjoy! :slide:

IMG_0022123.JPG

IMG_0021128.JPG

IMG_0020136.JPG

IMG_0019139.JPG

IMG_0018147.JPG

IMG_0017146.JPG

IMG_0016148.JPG

IMG_0015160.JPG

IMG_0012164.JPG

IMG_0011181.JPG

IMG_0010202.JPG

IMG_0008213.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Lightburn!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IMG_0005244.JPG

IMG_0004248.JPG

IMG_0003259.JPG

IMG_0002247.JPG

IMG_0001237.JPG

day #29 of 12/12, and a bit of stuff to report. I have a single purple calyx on this plant that is exhibiting a weird yellow nub protruding from the calyx that is not a pistol. I've started a new thread in Plant & Bud photos asking for help to identify what this is. I'm really hoping it's not a banana but my gut is telling me it is :(

This seed came from a plant that went hermie.. so it may possibly be genetic?

Screenshot_2a.png

Screenshot_2.png

just found you after seeing your other post
really nice work
excellent use of cfl
i'll be watching
take care and good luck

Hello everyone, it is now day #33 of 12/12. That was indeed a banana and it has been picked off, along with 2 others that I found on closer inspection. The areas nearest the bananas seem to have been fertilized, but only in small places so I'm not too worried about seeds yet. I blame the genetics as the same thing happened to the last plant I grew of this strain and I am certain I have no light leaks in my room. All 3 bananas were on the same bud.

The buds themselves are growing very nicely, they are hitting their 2nd phase of growth. She is drinking 2 liters every 2 days now, same feeding schedule. I'm a bit late adding the extra lights but they will be here by the end of this week. The largest bud is 8 inches long and still stretching, and I'm impressed by the size of my lower buds so far. Everything has been surpassing my expectations except for the stupid bananas. So far it looks like it will be a nice crop of some very nice smoke ;)

As always, here's some photo updates as well. From an outside perspective all the way to close-ups to see the trichs, enjoy!

IMG_0007218.JPG

IMG_0008220.JPG

IMG_0002253.JPG

IMG_0004255.JPG

IMG_0005251.JPG

IMG_0006241.JPG

IMG_0009209.JPG

IMG_0010208.JPG

Screenshot_22.png

Screenshot_14.png

Day #34 of 12/12,.I removed a few smaller buds today that were not getting enough light. I stuck them in my vape pen to see how THC development was coming along. I am oficially stoned, very cerebral high with an extremely dry mouth. My music sounds better after smoking than before smoking if that's even possible. I feel very energetic and almost excited, but that's probably due to my anticipation of the final product now lol

It is day #36 of 12/12, just a small update today. I have added the extra lights today for a Total of 297 actual watts of light. So now it is 2 x 60w 3000k, 3 x 45w 2700k, and 1 x 42w 2700k. My tops are starting to get very top-heavy and fall over as well, I am going to have to think about tying these buds up soon. They will only support their own weight for about another week I'm assuming before they really start to flop over. I am resting a few of the tops against the side of my reflectors to keep them from falling all the way over and touching the bulbs. I won't complain though, who wants to complain about heavy buds? lol

I will be adding more hooks to the ceiling and using some haybale twine or something similar and free to tie them up vertical again. I will also post another photo update in a day or two once everything is all tied up and pretty again.

Cheers for now :ganjamon:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Well, the worst case scenario happened. This plant went completely hermie. I didn't salvage much buds and turned the entire thing into cannabutter which was actually pretty good. I have since scrapped the remaining seeds for this strain as I don't want to risk wasting any more time on hermies.

I have since started and almost finished some new genetics, something my friend is calling Blueberry Diesel. This round has been much better, I had a small potassium deficiency around week #6 of bloom that was quickly corrected before it stunted growth too much. Here's a few pics of those plants, they are about a week away from chop time. I will start a new journal with the next run. :)

IMG_0006315.JPG

Screenshot_16.png

And the first of 2 is done.. Trichs were mostly cloudy with just a touch of amber setting in. Two of the stems bent in half during the night due to the weight of the buds, otherwise I probably would have waited a few more days to crop it, as she was still packing on tons of weight every night. Her sister was slower to start blooming, so she is a week behind. Here's a pic of the 2 largest tops after a quick trim. I'm happy with these results and it is a nice ending to this failed Journal..

20150223_160206.jpg

In a few of the pics above, you can see how the lower leaves on the plant more closely resemble an Indica, while the upper leaves look pure Sativa. It confused me for a little while making me think this plant would show Indica dominance, but in the end, the sativa came through during stretch :)
I am in week 4 of veg on some afghan skunks. They also show indica and sativa leaves. I thought it was strange to say the least

Back
Top Bottom