Night Queen in RDWC 2014 - My First RDWC

No advice from experienced growers about what and when to do it for scrogging so I went ahead and done a couple of bits.

20140901_111010.jpg

Dopey: I removed the big fan leaves and she has a lot of side growth that was hidden so I've just bent the top over a bit. I'll watch and see what happens.
20140901_111026.jpg

Sleepy: I removed the big fan leaves also and pinched the top shoot and bent it over. Plenty of side growth hidden too. Same again, watch and see what happens.
20140901_111018.jpg

hey MedFarmer, I did a bunch of vegging and I have to say they are looking great. If going into SCROG I learned that after first "bushing" of the plant, then it is time to let it grow up a bit to then have material to spread out. I kept mine too low in mid growth and retarded my growth and filling out the area. Would have been faster if I let them grow up, bend out, let grow up, bend out.

I had the net on them way too early and was making them grow sideways. It works, but it is slower than when I let the plant grow up more. From what I can see, if I were putting a net over those girls, I would let them go up 10-12 inches, then flatten them again. While they are growing upward I constantly LST and point in directions I want the plant to go, but I always let it grow mostly up at this stage. I did stuff differently on my vids than I had done before and I will not do it again.

So sayeth the noob.

Thanks for the input Dahbig Kahuna.

I was thinking along the lines of what you said about leaning the branches in the direction I want them to grow. At the moment they just bounce back. I was thinking of letting them get quite a bit taller before pinning down branches and stuff. The LED I got in this tent is phenomenal at bushy growth. It's been the same for these 'Night Queen' and the 'White Russian' before them. I think that once the 'White Russian' have done their stuff in about 3 weeks then I will put the Mars II on these girls as that light causes a lot more stretching due to the extra red in the light. The extra stretch will be great on so many branches that these girls have.

A bit of advice for anyone reading this who wants to do something similar.

Turn off the pump and let the buckets equalize before filling to your chosen water level. As you can see in this following picture I have a line drawn where my water level is at its maximum.

20140908_085148.jpg

I can top up my reservoir to this level only when the pump is off. Once the pump goes back on, this water level will drop quite a lot(as seen in the above picture). If you tried filling the reservoir whilst the pump is on, you would end up putting too much water in and you know what will happen.

A bit of advice for anyone reading this who wants to do something similar.

Turn off the pump and let the buckets equalize before filling to your chosen water level. As you can see in this following picture I have a line drawn where my water level is at its maximum.

20140908_085148.jpg

I can top up my reservoir to this level only when the pump is off. Once the pump goes back on, this water level will drop quite a lot(as seen in the above picture). If you tried filling the reservoir whilst the pump is on, you would end up putting too much water in and you know what will happen.

I second this. I just set markings for my "high water" mark too. One when pump is off, one when on, My system is 45 gallons with a seven foot straight up run to the chiller. Seven feet of 3/5 vinyl holds a shit ton of water. My EcoPlus 1056 kicks on and the level drops about 5 inches. When medicated I found myself really wanting to add water so I set the real marks with foil tape (will show in my next vid). Now in either state I s=can accurately judge how much the girls are drinking in a day.

BTW - What are those sexy grey and black fittings you have on your 5 gallon buckets? Do they come with associated gaskets? I'm always interested in good fittings. Prior to my last few weeks I have never had an issue. I use 3/4 grommets because to date one of the 100= hole I have made have never leaked. my only problem came from cracked buckets due to dumb ass placement of two holes close together under lateral stress load (dumb mistake). However, I want to run larger diameter plumbing. I got my hands on some uniseals to try & want to try the Current Culture ones too. Just doubt anything bigger than one inch will work in 5 gal buckets, but I am hopeful I am wrong.

lol. ive got loads going on my self , too many at the mo , the cheese fecking stinks man , i had to hang up a soaked towel ( soaked in home heating oil ) to try cover the smell , if i go in for even 2 mins i have to change my t shirt lol ... think ill use a low smelling one next time lol or see how seedling go

Back
Top Bottom