Night Queen in RDWC 2014 - My First RDWC

Day 98 from seed.
Day 11 of flowering.

I've been trimming the girls bushes down below. I've also done some tucking of longer branches. It's not completed yet but here is a picture update. The girls are showing their first flowers.

20141101_093730.jpg
20141101_093747.jpg
20141101_093706.jpg

A bit of advice for anyone reading this who wants to do something similar.

Turn off the pump and let the buckets equalize before filling to your chosen water level. As you can see in this following picture I have a line drawn where my water level is at its maximum.

20140908_085148.jpg

I can top up my reservoir to this level only when the pump is off. Once the pump goes back on, this water level will drop quite a lot(as seen in the above picture). If you tried filling the reservoir whilst the pump is on, you would end up putting too much water in and you know what will happen.
Your line in the bottom of your buckets are to small. 2" at least it will equlize your flow. I run 3"

Your line in the bottom of your buckets are to small. 2" at least it will equlize your flow. I run 3"

I could not find a way to fix bigger tubing into the buckets so went with the 22mm as the tank adapters were all that was available. I originally wanted 40mm but could not find a connector that size.

Apart from the first couple of weeks where roots started growing down the tubes, I've had no problems at all with this setup and the flow is good enough for my needs. I think that if you run more buckets then bigger piping would be necessary.

outdoormaster, do you run more than 2 buckets + res? Are your buckets round or square and what volume are they?

Last post from me.

Here are a couple of roots pictures.

20150105_130615.jpg
20150105_130540.jpg

They were just like big sponges when feeling them.

Thanks for the heads up of this journal, mirrors mine in many ways so should come in handy for me :thumb:
you think bigger buckets next run would be better, maybe you would of pulled more weight (never a bad thing)
ive read both your journals tonight, tomorrow ill start your current one :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom