Nirvana Northern Lights Autoflower - First Grow - CFL - Indoors

Hey man, I think you will be fine!!! Some of my leaves when I came back from my trip where like that, I got really worried as well, but I just trimmed them off and the plant continued on great, I would say just make sure those buds look nice:p the bigger pots should help and so will the ph water! I feel like your problems will resolve them selves soon:) gl bro!

Thanks Jackwhite. I wouldn't have been so worried but I had no idea what was going on ... all the other girls looked good, everyone was fed and watered regularly. It came on so fast & I couldn't pin it down to anything that I did. But I think you are right I am past this problem ... just looking for the next issue.

Learning a lot from this first grow. So far, since the repotting they look better every day. Keep your fingers crossed.:high-five:

I haven't commented in a while but I'm still here watching and reading! I didn't start my own journal.. I suck lol I was unable to successfully germinate 10seeds.. I just got 5 more.. This is the last time I'm going to try. I hope your ladies are doing well budman ! I will say a prayer for you and your girls tonight!

MrWiggles, I feel for your misfortune, and wish you the best of luck on this next attempt:goodluck:. The girls have had some issues, but I think I have them back on track. Just taking care of some minor pH issues associated with my recent re-potting( :hmmmm: repotting pot, somehow that strikes me as either funny or redundant :yahoo: ). My Girls and I thank you for your prayers:thanks:. We will be sure to keep you and all here at 420Magazine in our prayers as well. :Namaste:

Damn mr wiggles i know how you feel man. I started 10 northern lights and only one survived. Wasted alot of money. Thats why im making my own seeds now. When i get a big pile of seeds i will give as many away as possible. Dont give up man. What germination method are you using? I recently started doing things a different way and out of the last 4 i started all 4 survived. My biggest issue was temp and keeping them wet.

Shaking them in a pill bottle soaking them in room temp water 26degrees then moving them to the paper towel, which sits on a plate, which sits on a heating pad and is at 28degrees. second time I turned the heat up! Still nothing.. But last night.. I had two seeds early vixen, I put them into a cup o water.. 12 hours later I poked them.. They sank :) 8 hours later they are cracked.. Now in paper towel for 6 hours I am not touching it until tomorrow.. "Fingers crossed".. I gave up on tap water and bottled water and r o water. I just couldn't germ with that.. What I did was, I went for a drive about 5 minutes down the road and grabbed some water from a natural spring and took it home to warm up and used that. Seems to have worked! Will find out tomorrow.. Sorry budman about this long reply to Nicholas! Hurry up and post some updated pics budman!

Mr. Wiggles and Nicholas, I have germinated 10 seeds out of 10 seeds. The first 5 were random bag seeds that were who knows how old or where they came from. The second 5 were the Northern Lights from Nirvana that I am growing now. I used the old paper towel method. I simply wet a paper towel (damp and saturated, not soaking wet, should be just at the edge of dipping when its held up) and folded it around the seeds. Placed them on a plate then covered with a second plate. These plates need to be opaque to keep any light from reaching the seeds. Place this in a warm dark place ( just in case of light leeks). I usually check them a couple of times a day (1 or 2 times only, not every 15 minutes) noting if the paper towel is drying out. If so, I spritz the towel with a water bottle. For all of the water for germination I use distilled water. After this, once the tail comes out it is time to transplant into soil. So far this has worked well for me.But I may just be lucky. Well you asked for some picks. I haven't posted any for a while because the grow just isn't attractive .... wild and bushy. But here are a couple of picks for you. The first two are my grow box current state. The third is a picture of one of Martha's buds, and finally a picture of the trichomes from this bud. Looking forward to smoking it.

20160110_223420.jpg

20160110_223454.jpg

20160110_223406.jpg

bud_trichromes_1-13-2016.jpg

Qapla, 4 of the 5 are ~30" tall, and they are 10 weeks old (73 days). One is just about ready to harvest the others a couple weeks out yet.

Breezy, yah it is a jungle. I think next time I'm going to keep mine trimmed a bit more than I did this grow. It doesn't look all that pretty right now, but I hope it will smoke well. :volcano-smiley:

Slayer, nothing really new to report. I'm still having a bit of nutrient problems, maybe pH related ( I broke my pH meter and am waiting for my replacement) but they are all budding. I think Martha will finish up next week, and kim and sally will take an additional week. Joe will follow very shortly there after. Pip may get cut before her time, I am leaving on vacation the 6th of February. I might just water her and let it go while i am away. I am at the point where I am only watering the girls, no nutes so a real good watering should be good for a weeks vacation. We will see as the date gets closer. Waiting to see the trichromes get cloudy before I harvest any of the girls .... so far only clear. :( Take care, and good smokin':ganjamon::Rasta:

Well, Martha doesn't seem to be doing anything more. So, I have decided to harvest Martha over some time. I cut a couple of branches and trimmed them for drying. The bigger of the two I cut is shown below. It weighed ~11g wet. I'm guessing that it will dry down to about 3g. Can't wait to try it.
20160118_182140.jpg

I am going to harvest a couple of branches a day until she is completely cut. While i am doing this I will be monitoring the trichromes from each branch to see exactly when I want to harvest in the future for my own personal choice of the kind of high I want. Besides I am running out of my stash and I need to start replenishing it with the new grow. My goal is to be weed independent. Grow what I smoke but only smoke what I grow.

Slayer, I'm on day 74 from them opening their dicots or 78 from first putting them in the paper towels to start germination.

I harvested 2 more branches today (see below). I set aside some small popcorn buds from these branches to smoke on while the major buds dry and cure. The wet weight of these two total out at 30g (running wet total is 46 g expect that dry weight will be ~25% of that).

20160119_180020.jpg

20160119_174539.jpg

Continuing to harvest Martha a little at a time. 8 Branches have been cut and are drying. The total wet weight so far is 107g and I have ~6 branches yet to go on Martha. This was the last cola I took.
20160121_173712.jpg

Finished harvesting martha. Total wet weight came in at 8.75 oz (245g) and I expect that will dry down to a little over 2 oz (~61g is my actual estimate), see picture below. I don't think my other plants will yield as much but I will be very happy if I can get an oz a piece on the remaining plants. Based on their look I should get this. The other girls are about a week behind Martha, but the buds appear smaller on 3 of the 4. First grow learning experience. I'll do better next time. My next grow is going to be auto AK48 in Coco coir. I am going to use Coco Loco from fox farms. Anyone out there have any advice or comment on ff Coco Loco? You know things to do, things to avoid, etc. I'd prefer to springboard off the experience of others rather than have to make all my own mistakes. A smart person learns from their mistakes, a really smart one learns from mistakes others have made and avoids them for himself.

20160123_061818.jpg

Back
Top Bottom