Nirvana - White Rhino Indoor + Bagseed

Are you harvesting the trichome method? Man those WR look tasty, nice buds.

Are you harvesting the trichome method? Man those WR look tasty, nice buds.

Yes I have a 30x pocket microscope.... So far I'd say its about 20% amber and 80% milky (on WR3) give or take a few. I'm looking for a good narcotic stone for my back pain so I'm gonna make sure they are good n' ripe. The more sativa dom. (WR#2) has mostly milky trichs she will go a week or two longer than the indica one.

Thanks! :allgood:

This has been a very inspiring journal! If I could figure out how to up your reps, I surely would!!

I thought I posted day 50 already but I guess I didn't, heh heh :hmmmm:

Day 50 (week 7)

Both of the ladies...

8-19-8.jpg

Top of WR2

8-19-07_007.jpg

Top of WR3

8-19-07_006.jpg

Close-ups of WR3

8-19-07_009.jpg

8-19-07_003.jpg

Sorry bout the late post, Enjoy!

Beautiful colas...you must be very excited!

Oh I am, naturally! Only thing is I won't be chopping them at the same time, I know that much. WR2 (Sativa Dom.) is plumping up nicley but she has a poor trichrome production (mostly clear heads but a few milky heads) unlike WR3 (Indica) who has tons of trichs! I'm thinking WR2 will need at least a week or two longer than WR3.

Hopi - LOL! :laughtwo: I Appreciate
the kind words. I wish I could spread the love, maybe one day in this life...:bong:

Berrydizzle - Nope, just in the room w/ the closet it in. That room keeps the
smell locked in very good, luckily :cheesygrinsmiley: When I fopen the door after
their 12-hour dark cycle that whole room wreaks of a spunky
pungnent odor (sour rottening fruit w/ a sweet twist?). As far as
outside the room, I can't smell it when the door is closed unless
I go right up to the door and sniff hard. Outside, the smell is
undetectable :cheesygrinsmiley: In all the smell isn't anything like your
traditional reefer smell and its contained in the grow area,
mostly. :peace:

I chopped a lil lower bud a few days ago, maybe on day 49 or 50, not sure but here it is after a day of drying.

8-21-11.jpg

I haven't smoked it yet so I don't know how it is. It has for some reason lost that intense smell it had over these few days of drying. Now it smells like a sweet hay smell not really a weed smell, is that the way all immature buds smell? The t-dawg and a lower bud from WR2 were chopped way early and they smelled EXACTLY the same after a few days of drying. So why do they all smell the same? Anyone?

Here is a trich shot I managed to get somehow, lol. I think its just some trichs on one of the sugar leaves.

8-21-07_001.jpg

I would not give them any water a few days before you plan on chopping them. This will make the plant easier to dry because there will not be as much water in the plants system.

To get the best results dry slowly in moderate humidity (45%-55%) and about 50-60 degrees F. Dry them too fast and the chlorophyll will not break down making for a harsh hay like taste and aroma. Dry too slowly and run the risk of mold. There is a fine line between a good dry and a bad one and this stage is almost harder than any other in the plants life cycle. I like to trim most of the large fan leaves off and then wait until the buds are dry to do any fine manicuring.

Awesome buds they should be great. Remember, we all want a complete smoke report when all is said and done. :Rasta:

Thanks for the always sound advice RooR. How do I dry buds at such low temps? I live in the south, its very hot now.... I can'r run my a/c at 60F for 3-4 days, it would be insanely cold and I have a 2 and a 1/2 year old so thats outta the Q, its to cold for her. I can possibley keep the house in the low 70's at night and in the upper 70's in the day. Do you have a specific way I should dry the buds? I plan on hanging the trimmed bud on clothes hangers suspended in a double-doorway in my home for 3-4 days or until the stems snap. As for the cure I will be using mason jars. Thanks.

And the smoke report will definetly NOT be forgotten, ITS THE BEST PART!!!

You could go as high as 75 degrees F with no problems. The buds will dry a little quicker, and I always like to add a fan for air circulation. Just keep a close eye on them. In my expierience, 60 degrees F is going to give you a very slow and easily controlled dry, but it's not a necessity.

The humidity is the killer and what you must watch out for. If the air is too moist the buds will never dry or may form mold. Humidity control matters alot more than temps.

Well I went ahead and harvested WR3 the indica dom one. That put her @ 55 days total flowering. Trichs were 75% milky and 25% amber and buds were fat, stinky, and ripe so I couldn't resist!

After it was trimmed and ready for the hangin' I weighed it on the digi...

Wet Weight - 238g's! :trance: How's that for one plant? I know they lose 75% or so of their weight when they are dried and cured so I'm thinkin that puts me at around 2oz? Any guesses on dry weight?

Pics awaiting approval...

Back
Top Bottom