Nirvana's White Widow 1st DWC Grow

naaancyLibao

image8429.jpg

This is my first time making it into flower in a DWC system. My actual first grow didn't make it into flower due to a move. Decided to get back into trying once more!

A little about the setup:
-600 watt MH/HPS dimmable digital ballast
-600 watt MH/HPS bulb (Not to sure of the brand)
-3x3 tent
-4" inline duct fan (Upgrading to a 6")
-Mini clip on fan
- CO2 Boost Bag
-5 gallon DWC bucket

Nutes:
-Jungle Juice Micro, Grow, and Bloom
-Aquashield
-Orca
-CalMag (Just in case)

Feeding schedule isn't really set, and I actually need some help, comments, and/or advice on it. Especially during this phase.. She's reeeeeally starting to eat now, and have no idea how often I should change out the res. I would appreciate any advice anyone could give me! Thank you so much!

Hi Nancy :ciao:
I saw your call for help on someone else journal and thought I would swing by.

You should change you reservoir every 7-10 days, most people change it every 7 days. I know your in flower now but someone else just asked a very similar question so I'm just gonna copy and paste the answer I gave them for you also.

Once your seeds have turned into seedlings and are ready for nutrients, my advise to you in DWC is keep the nutes very mild. Get yourself a TDS pen to read your PPM's for water quality and once your plants are ready for nutes start very light. Try to aim for around 150-200 PPM at the beginning and raise it slowly by about 50 PPM every week til you get to around 300-350 and keep it there until flower.
When you flip to flower slowly start raising the PPM's every week again til you get to around 500-600 and hold it steady there til flush and harvest.

Your PH is fine anywhere between 5.5 and 6.5 but in both veg and flower you wanna aim to keep your PH lvls between 5.8 and 6 as the optimal range. At least that's what I do.

My first grow in DWC my biggest mistake was over feeding which stunted growth. Because the roots are literally sitting in their food and life source, if the nutrients are to strong the roots get burned and can't absorb nutrients or drink water anymore until they heal.

Start off nice and light on the nutes. Its much easier to fix a deficiency from not enough nutes than overfeeding and burning your roots, causing nute lockout.

Once your up and running if you have any questions just shout out, myself or any of the many others who will subscribe will be glad to help if they can. Good luck man.

Relaxed: Thanks for the sub! I haven't started a journal yet, but I'm thinking about it! :)

Dusty: Thank you, and thank you. Haha!

StealthGrow: Thank you so very much! Very informative! :D

Oh just realized it wasn't a journal lol, well when you do make one post the link for us and we'll follow.

Also here is a link that may help build your journal. How to Make a Grow Journal:goodluck:

Alrighty! &Thanks for the link! I'm fairly new to the site.. Well.. I've been around for almost a year just reading journals and what not, but never got around to actually posting anything. So thank you for that!

oh its not a journal yet lol
im here subbed
I do once a week regularly res change
I use organic nutes botanicare pure blend
I use the pro gro pro bloom silica blast hydroplex and for a sweet product I use massive
im using their little feed chart sheet which is not the same as the bottle or online weird eh
I do have a bottle of cal mag but only use if I need it cause some plants react differently
I only use a ph meter don't have a ec/ppm meter
the organic nutes are a bit different once I have a seedling and the root is showing out of the rooting plug it goes into a bucket with 1/2 nutes for 1 week then after the first week 3 weeks veg according to my feed chart then depending on strain how long bloom goes
good to keep res temps as low to 69 f as possible
I guess with non organic nutes you have to be more careful when its a seedling

Hey Chronic! Yeah... It's not a journal. Still thinking about it! &Thats pretty similar to what I got going. I have a pH reader, but nothing for ppm or anything fancy. I usually just try to read my plants. Completely off subject, but I was originally from Hawaii also :) I was actually born there, and moved to Alaska. Sorry! I got distracted by your location under your icon. Haha.

you need to make one I actually went to Alaska a couple time during the winter for a vacation lol
one would wonder why someone would go to a freezing place during winter for a vacation lol
wife had to go for work so she had room and her airfare all I had to do was pay for my airfare so why not the first time I never been so
second time was why not lol took my second oldest that time oldest was an adult doing his own thing and my little one wasn't born yet
so anyway make a journal so we can watch your grow

Please let me know if you start a journal I will check it out. Happy Growing To You All.

Very beautiful plants dusty! I can't wait to be that far into flower! Sounds like the Lucas Formula. That's what I'm using. I have the grow nutrients from my very first grow. The White Rhino and Maui Wowie I was growing didn't like the Lucas Formula.

To everyone else: Hey everyone! So I decided that I'll be starting a journal here shortly. I've never tried autoflowers yet, so I'll start my first journal on that. :) I just ordered some seeds, so we'll see how this goes! Currently, I have six flowering clones I'm trying to reveg, one rooted clone, and two random seedlings (looks to be sativa) I'm helping fix for my cousin in my veg tent. &You all pretty much know what's going on in my flower tent. :)

Happy Smoking Everyone!

Back
Top Bottom