Nismo & Canna's Epic Quest For The Hookah Smoking Caterpillar

Hey Canna! The girls are looking good. Will they get pruned back? I know nothing about autos.

How are the photos?
Well most of the photos had some sort of funk going on so I about killed them. Same batch of soil as the autos and they were fine. I don't know. I do have some pictures of the Jedi Glues from a couple days ago. They have grown a bit more since the pictures so they will be cloned here shortly and sexed.

2efed1ddafe36b3fd12b074fa44ddcb5.jpg

ade48e1a5e339a286cedeb54e69f127c.jpg

b49fa4296392131a8b4b3250d1b072d8.jpg

Beautiful! thanks Canna :love:

Is that an unusual leaf structure & shape for an indica?
These lights are extremely powerful and the northern lights must be sensitive to it. For the 8 cobs that they are under are pulling less than 200 watts from the wall and are about 12" or so above them. We keep raising the lights and turning the wattage down lower and lower in attempts to prevent that leaf curl. The photo period plants seem to enjoy the light much much more and they are doing just fine.

:thumb:

Nismo & Canna's Epic Quest For The Hookah Smoking Caterpillar

Oh - I wasn't thinking about the curl ;) I was meaning the thinness of them. More Sativa like maybe...

I've got some little ones going at the moment which are apparently NL x Golden Tiger and I've been attributing their leaf forms to the Sativa in the GT - but looking at your NL, well, mine look a little similar... that round shape of the whole leaf and thinner leaves than my other hybrids.

:popcorn:
Nice lineup.
Have you noticed any difference in potency between your autos and photos?

Oh - I wasn't thinking about the curl ;) I was meaning the thinness of them. More Sativa like maybe...

I've got some little ones going at the moment which are apparently NL x Golden Tiger and I've been attributing their leaf forms to the Sativa in the GT - but looking at your NL, well, mine look a little similar... that round shape of the whole leaf and thinner leaves than my other hybrids.
If I remember correctly, the leaves get wider the older they are. The bigger, lower fan leaves look more like indica, but the flowers are looking more sativa. Time will tell, I suppose. Lol
:popcorn:
Nice lineup.
Have you noticed any difference in potency between your autos and photos?
Funny story. Sue text me earlier this morning asking me the same question. Lol! I consulted with Nis, and he's going to spend some good quality time tomorrow researching which he likes better. Lol! Stay tuned for the Marijuana Bowl LII!!! Haha!!!

:rofl:

:passitleft:

PICTURES!!!

These are the Northern Lights Autos. I really love how they have filled out since the up-potting. Looking good ladies!
298c2c6d52905761a97313d0b67c03bf.jpg
8cc9d1a099e1e591b1d21ba069ca7f1a.jpg
8df75deb7ec0103bd394fd67e62ee340.jpg

Ladies are looking good Canna. Got a question for ya, I am in the process of making dry herb capsules (finished for now) Took 1 felt it a bit so took another and fell asleep. Next morning I took two and it kicked my ass. What up with that? When decarbing the weed should i just put the buds on parchment paper on a cookie sheet or grind it then put it in the oven. Thanks girl.

Ladies are looking good Canna. Got a question for ya, I am in the process of making dry herb capsules (finished for now) Took 1 felt it a bit so took another and fell asleep. Next morning I took two and it kicked my ass. What up with that? When decarbing the weed should i just put the buds on parchment paper on a cookie sheet or grind it then put it in the oven. Thanks girl.
I usually decarb first, then break it up on a tray or parchment. I tend use a rectangle stone, or a 9x13 glass cake pan also does the trick. You can line it with parchment for easier clean up, and to keep all the trichs with the nugs.

I took a couple small gummies earlier, and felt pretty good for a few hrs. Then it started to wear off. I just had a large about 45 mins ago, and I'll be all melty soon. Lol! Life is good!

Thanks girl, guess I am doing it right then, are the trichs the colored hairs and are they where you get the flavor. The strawberry haze is kicking my ass...lol
The hairs are different from the trichs. The trichs are the sticky bits of oil that grows on the nugs. They are what we use for stuff like hash and oil when extracted.

I do all my decarbing in a roasting bag. Then I toss it into the freezer unopened for an hour to give the vapors time to settle. If you're making dry capsules you'll want the retained terpenes. Bake them exposed in the oven and al the terpenes float away with the heated air.

I decarb for 110 minutes at 245 F, and don't crumble or grind until decarb is done. They're so dry by then that they crumble by hand easier than with a grinder IMO.

Good work making your own capsules cannanewb. :high-five: Nothing like a steady supply of home-grown cannabinoids.

I do all my decarbing in a roasting bag. Then I toss it into the freezer unopened for an hour to give the vapors time to settle. If you're making dry capsules you'll want the retained terpenes. Bake them exposed in the oven and al the terpenes float away with the heated air.

I decarb for 110 minutes at 245 F, and don't crumble or grind until decarb is done. They're so dry by then that they crumble by hand easier than with a grinder IMO.

Good work making your own capsules cannanewb. :high-five: Nothing like a steady supply of home-grown cannabinoids.

Thanks sue, I am actually liking them better than smoking a joint.

The hairs are different from the trichs. The trichs are the sticky bits of oil that grows on the nugs. They are what we use for stuff like hash and oil when extracted.

Ok I got ya Canna, we wait for them to turn a certain amount amber before harvesting. I actually knew that, my short term memory loss showing it's ugly self again, thanks.

I find the buzz from 11-hydroxy THC so much more satisfying than delta-9 THC. Lol! Once I discovered edibles and capsules all bets were off. :laughtwo:

Just ground up cannabis in capsules? Interesting idea. Whats the difference between that and oil?

I read up above that you dosed twice and had different results. I am new to the oil but I find a huge variation in effects (both in the onset time and the strength) with the same size dose when I use oil. I am sure stomach contents play a huge part of it.....so I would imagine that depending on what you ate or didn't eat, your effects would vary the same way mine does.

If anyone has figured out the best way to get consistent results dosing in conjunction eating prior to, please share. Sometimes I get a dose that is strong and I am feeling good in an hour or hour and half and then other times I can go 2-3 hours and hardly feel anything .

Just ground up cannabis in capsules? Interesting idea. Whats the difference between that and oil?

I read up above that you dosed twice and had different results. I am new to the oil but I find a huge variation in effects (both in the onset time and the strength) with the same size dose when I use oil. I am sure stomach contents play a huge part of it.....so I would imagine that depending on what you ate or didn't eat, your effects would vary the same way mine does.

If anyone has figured out the best way to get consistent results dosing in conjunction eating prior to, please share. Sometimes I get a dose that is strong and I am feeling good in an hour or hour and half and then other times I can go 2-3 hours and hardly feel anything .
There are days where I know my stomach is empty because it's growling. I've found when I take gummies those days, the effects come hard and fast. When there are other contents in my stomach, the high creeps in slowly but steadily. I usually take the same doses of gummies, so that's a constant in the equation, and I only take the gummies in the evenings on weeknights. I do like to take gummies all day on the weekend, but I tend to get munchies and eat lots, therefore I wait longer for the high. I supplement the wait with several packed bongd, so not to worry, I'm always high on the weekends! Lol!

I initially thought oil would be similar to alcohol in its onset.......hit harder and faster on an empty stomach but that doesn't seem to be the case. Seems opposite but it also seems to have something to do with the type of food in my stomach.

I took it on empty stomach and I didn't feel much at all......even 3 hours later. Other times I took it after eating dinner and I get an average onset. Then other times I can eat and take it and its like a sledge hammer. The mixed results are a bit frustrating. I just know that an empty stomach and oil aren't a good combination for maximizing the effects or onset time.

Back
Top Bottom