Nismo's First Grow - 2 x 600 Watt - CKS Purple Kush - 4x4

Everything is going great over here in the flower tent! The girls have been growing amazingly and are growing some awesome buds. Claudia and Elaine got their "week 7" feeding according to the fox farm feeding schedule...but I thought I would kick it up a notch and give them a heavy feeding. I don't know if it was a waste of nutes or if it will do something for them. PPM was 2350!

On another note, this morning our wonderful Watt meter decided somehow it wanted to trip our power strip. I was freaking out since the lights should have come on an hour prior. I don't think I have ever run so fast to the circuit breaker to see if something tripped there. Everything else was still good, so we just unplugged the meter and bam we were back in business. The extra hour of darkness wont hurt anything. The exhaust was off as well and humidity jumped to 75% because of the watering and lack of fan for an hour or so. I think this would fall under the "shit happens" category and we are happy it happened on a Saturday morning while still being here.

Well proceeding onto the positives. Today is the day for defoliation. Stretch should be done and everything under the screen will be removed. Now I have read that you can go totally ape shit on them and remove it all at once. But I have also read conflicting info stating that you want to do it slowly. Any thoughts on this? Here are some pictures from the time lapse from first day of flower to Thursday night.

First day of flower

IONX0001.JPG

2 weeks 5 days of flower

IONX0207.JPG

They have shown significant growth and I do believe that SCRoG has worked better than I could have expected! :cheer:
I'm totally excited to defoliate today! It's gonna be fun! Yay!

You are doing an absolute hands down top notch job buddy! :high-five: I just went and picked up 2 PK clones lastnite and tossed them in the Shiny Space Box! :thumb:
You are going to love the way they grow. Extremely resilient and can take whatever you throw at them. At a point I tried to push them to the limits to get some nutes burn or something. I wanted them to fight back and they just took it and ran. I noticed 2 of them are turning purple and the other 2 are not. Not sure if it is a different phenotype or they are late to turning purple. But they are great.

Well proceeding onto the positives. Today is the day for defoliation. Stretch should be done and everything under the screen will be removed. Now I have read that you can go totally ape shit on them and remove it all at once. But I have also read conflicting info stating that you want to do it slowly. Any thoughts on this?

Take the side branches off, leaving their accompanying fan leaf attached to the main stem of each top. Below your screen you want no side branching. Fan leaves are optional and I used to leave them. The reason being that if any light made it down there, they could use it. If not enough light makes it, the plant will recycle the mobile nutrients out of the leaf and shut it down. It will look like a deficiency, but it's really just the plant doing what it normally does to leaves that don't produce.

General rule of thumb for landscapers and arborists is to take no more than 1/4-1/3 of the total foliage at any one time. I've stripped them WAY down just to see. They bounce back, but it's not a great practice IMHO.

:thumb:

Well here we go with the start of Week 3 of flower

Today we did some defoliating to say the least. We did a varying amount on all 4 of them to see to difference of the amount that we took off. We have a ton of clippings that we are going to save for bubble hash or to make some butter out of them.

20160409_1253391.jpg

20160409_125403.jpg

Of course had to keep some clones. They are on a seedling mat and they are using the REAL sun for light currently until the LED from Twilight gets here Tuesday. We used some Take Root cuttings powder. Cut at a 45* angle, scraped a little off, water, powder, jiffy pot. Cut a bit off of leaves. BAM! Wasn't sure if we were to take the buds off or leave them.

20160409_132111.jpg

Here is a close up of one of the buds. It is already really frosty. :yummy:

20160409_170609.jpg

They are only about 16" or so tall from base to tallest point (measured from bottom of tent to the top). Not sure if that's a good thing or not. We could go 4' taller max. Its good to know we have plenty of room to grow taller in the future.

20160409_125457.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and for the all of the help. Oh and the smell currently is really dank.

have your Purple Kush stopped stretching yet? if so how long after flower did they stop? Just wondering I asked somewhere else I'm just trying to get an average stretch from all the grows I'm following right now including mine right now lol thanks Nismo everything looks beautiful!!!!

have your Purple Kush stopped stretching yet? if so how long after flower did they stop? Just wondering I asked somewhere else I'm just trying to get an average stretch from all the grows I'm following right now including mine right now lol thanks Nismo everything looks beautiful!!!!
It's been 3 weeks so I can assume the stretch is done. They would be taller if we didn't tuck leaves and branches to keep the canopy even. But from flip to now is 6 to 7 inches of height increase.

Freaking awesome Nismo

:welldone::slide::rollit::bong::ganjamon::yummy::bigtoke::passitleft:Lookin sweet..definitely got ur shit together..great looking ladies..

Thanks guys! We are having an awesome time here. In a week or so (halfway through flower) I kinda want to try LA's back building technique on 1 or 2 of them. Also everything is going great so I lowered the light 2". I raised them up anticipating a stretch. Was thinking more intense light the better. If they are OK and no bleaching occurs, I'll leave it there.

Sorry guys and gals no pictures today. Maybe tomorrow when they get some water.

I want to start off by apologizing for the lack of updates. Been busy with work and life this week, back to the normal after today.

Today marks 4 weeks into flower. Girls are looking fantastic. Buds are getting fat and looking great. I have noticed some yellowing on a couple leaves. Not worried about it though. On to the good stuff!

5aacc8721fdea1ac443c8531a17748ff.jpg

f561a476e9d9aa026a7dbcc8f729ca05.jpg

593feb76f5f2da03281b88d6767f8906.jpg

8d27996edcf35305bb869f18cb359dcc.jpg

b22c8a7002c8942f41818302dd7528a9.jpg

That's all I have for today. Enjoy the weekend everyone. Time for an update on veg ladies.

HELL NISMO YOU AND THE LADY HAVE TO BE GETTING SO EXCITED NOW!! THINGS ARE LOOKING GREAT AND ABOUT TO BE BETTER!! YOU MY FRIEND HAVE BEEN HELL OUT THE GATE FROM DAY 1 AND LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING HOW IT ALL TURNS OUT, GREAT GROW NISMO :thumb: AND HELL YOU GOT YOUR OTHER HALF ON BOARD NOW THATS PRETTY DAMN COOL!! IM JUST HERE WATCHING YOUR SHOW YOU TWO CRAZY ANIMALS, TOP NOTCH JOB TO THE BOTH OF YOU :passitleft:

HELL NISMO YOU AND THE LADY HAVE TO BE GETTING SO EXCITED NOW!! THINGS ARE LOOKING GREAT AND ABOUT TO BE BETTER!! YOU MY FRIEND HAVE BEEN HELL OUT THE GATE FROM DAY 1 AND LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING HOW IT ALL TURNS OUT, GREAT GROW NISMO :thumb: AND HELL YOU GOT YOUR OTHER HALF ON BOARD NOW THATS PRETTY DAMN COOL!! IM JUST HERE WATCHING YOUR SHOW YOU TWO CRAZY ANIMALS, TOP NOTCH JOB TO THE BOTH OF YOU :passitleft:
Thanks Bud. We are pretty excited. Lol. I can't wait till first harvest ever!

So we may have an issue...

The two girls that turned purple early on are all ready flowing with amber hairs. It basically happened over night. One of them didn't like the feeding it got so we flushed it with a couple gallons of water last night. She looks a little better this morning. But we just finished 4 weeks since the lights were flipped to 12/12 so we should be about half way. The buds are dense and sticky as all hell. The smell is fruity and smells great. But it is a little worrisome that they have so much amber right now. Now I didn't take a picture this morning so that'll have to wait until later when lights are out so you can see it better. The other two are bulking up quite nicely and no signs of purple or amber hairs. This has thrown me off to say the least. Ideas?

Ye yeah just let him keep growing and 2 weeks longer you might get some couch weed but hey at least they'll get bigger
So we may have an issue...

The two girls that turned purple early on are all ready flowing with amber hairs. It basically happened over night. One of them didn't like the feeding it got so we flushed it with a couple gallons of water last night. She looks a little better this morning. But we just finished 4 weeks since the lights were flipped to 12/12 so we should be about half way. The buds are dense and sticky as all hell. The smell is fruity and smells great. But it is a little worrisome that they have so much amber right now. Now I didn't take a picture this morning so that'll have to wait until later when lights are out so you can see it better. The other two are bulking up quite nicely and no signs of purple or amber hairs. This has thrown me off to say the least. Ideas?

Back
Top Bottom