Nitrogen deficancy in my ak48 babies?

Joesoap

Hi everybody i have 2 week old ak48s that are getting very light green in the new growth and a tiny bit on some of the older leafs.They are just about to outgrow their pots and all i have been giving them is ph'd rainwater as i live close to a water treatment plant and the ppm is crazy in my tap water which i am certrain is the cause of death on my last plants. The only thing i can think of is a nute deficany as the rainwater has an ec of .08 which i think is less than 60ppm.Anyway ill let the experts judge by the pics. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

plants_0018.jpg
plants_0054.jpg
plants_00210.jpg
plants_0047.jpg
plants_00310.jpg

am currently growing ak48 and some other strains there only 5 days old but cumin on strong i think.when did the leaves start changing color and what nutes are you using

am currently growing ak48 and some other strains there only 5 days old but cumin on strong i think.when did the leaves start changing color and what nutes are you using

Hey there. The leaves started changing in the new growth after the first 4 sets of true leaves. I havnt givin them any nutes yet which is why I think it might be nitrogen deficancy, all iv givin them is phd rain water which has nearly 0 ppm in it.I'm going to repot soon then give them a light feeding maybe 1/8 strength and some Epsom salts as somebody told me that ak48 eats up cal and mag. If anybody has any input I'd love to hear about it.

It looks like a magnesium deficiency to me. I had it bad my first indoor grow. Get some Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) from your local grocery or pharmacy. 1/2 teaspoon in a quart of water and foliar spray as the lights go out for the night. It should start to clear it up in a couple of days.

Also, Cpt. Kronic is corrent about giving them some nutes. They're plenty big enough to take light feedings. If using rainwater (or RO) for your nute solution, make sure to add a little CalMg to prevent this in the future.

Hey thanks alot Bill C and Captin Kronic, that sounds like best advice yet. Im that experienced at growing and really needed some heavyweights Input. Thanks alot guys

Heavyweights? So that's how it is... I try to be nice and offer some advice, and you come back with a fat joke?!?!?! :)

Seriously though, I don't know if I qualify as a heavyweight in growing yet. I've got two outdoor grows under my belt, and this is my third year indoors, so I'm still learning too!

Outdoor growing was easy. I got some seeds to sprout and put them in the ground. They started showing sex in August, so that's when the males were pulled, and the harvest was in October. Low maintenance, but rather exposed especially in a non-MMJ state. The soil was an old cattle feed lot for decades and was very fertile, so I just watered and gave them no nutes. They were potent with a large harvest per plant.

The first year indoors was a MAJOR learning curve for me. Out of the twelve seeds I germinated, I ended up with only three females. The rest were males or hermies. My inexperience put lots of stresses put on them which caused all the hermies (over nute, too much heat, problems with the water, etc; I'm surprised any survived at all). Last year was a much better year for me, and this year is coming along great!

It gets better and easier each year. Good luck and let us know how they recover!

Zinc (Zn)
Zinc plays a roll in the same enzyme functions as manganese and magnesium. More than eighty enzymes contain tightly bound zinc essential for their function. Zinc participates in chlorophyll formation and helps prevent chlorophyll destruction. Carbonic anhydrate has been found to be specifically activated by zinc.

Zinc Deficiencies:
Deficiencies appear as chlorosis in the inter-veinal areas of new leaves producing a banding appearance as seen in figure 18. This may be accompany reduction of leaf size and a shortening between internodes. Leaf margins are often distorted or wrinkled. Branch terminals of fruit will die back in severe cases.

Also gets locked out due to high pH. Zn, Fe, and Mn deficiencies often occur together, and are usually from a high pH. Don't overdo the micro-nutrients, lower the pH if that's the problem so the nutrients become available. Foliar feed if the plant looks real bad. Use chelated zinc. Zinc deficiency produces "little leaf" in many species, especially woody ones; the younger leaves are distinctly smaller than normal. Zinc defeciency may also produce "rosetting"; the stem fails to elongate behind the growing tip, so that the terminal leaves become tightly bunched.
zinc.jpeg

Zinc Toxicity:
Excess Zinc is extremely toxic and will cause rapid death. Excess zinc interferes with iron causing chlorosis from iron deficiency. Excess will cause sensitive plants to become chlorotic.

Took this from Plant Abuse Chart Looks like zing defic or ph issue.

Back
Top Bottom