Nitrogen/Magnesium Deficiency?

Orros

Hello everyone!

I think I've spotted some Nitrogen/Magnesium Deficiency on my plant.

Plant is 3-4 weeks old, lower leaves have been slightly yellowing and a brown spot appeared on one of the leaves.
So I fed them nutes, the flora series of GH all calculated with a chart.

So I've fed them 3 days ago now, it seem to be comming a bit more greener, but the leave with the brown spot just got worst, another brown spot appeared and the tip is curling up, so magnesium deficiency?

Here take a look on at the pictures.

IMG_48785.jpg

IMG_48752.jpg

IMG_48767.jpg
IMG_48822.JPG

The top of the plant look just fine though.

IMG_48814.jpg

If it is magnesium deficiency, should I just plain water next time or should I put some more Florabloom (Got some magnesium in this bottle)?

Or should I get a product specially for magnesium?

Thanks for the replies!

Welcome Orros! My guess is that it looks like N due to lower yellowing, and maybe P, due to the dark stems, veins and emerging spots. Likely all are due to over-watering, and/or pH related uptake issues, as she has the wet-feet look. I don't know how you've been watering her - but the best watering method I've found, is to let her dry out almost to the point of wilt/flag/droop - and then drench her completely. Once on a drench-to-dry cycle, she'll start to show you better color and health.

It looks like you have a good amount of perlite in there, so she should be dry in just a couple/few days. You can feed with nutes if you want, but she's likely still got some of the last feed in the soil, so you might make the next feeding just pH'd water, and when you drench, make sure you get lots of runoff to remove the salt build up. Maybe give her two dry cycles before transplant....10 days or so. Water first cycle, feed the next. :cheer:

To me, it looks like you have a slight nitrogen deficiency, but you caught it in time. The yellowing leaves won't get any greener, but the new growth should show improvement.

It also looks a bit overwatered because of the drooping leaves. What medium are you using and what watering schedule are you using?

There's perlite and vermiculite in the soil. I water every 3-4 days I wait until all the soil is dry, even have a meter to check the bottom.
Thanks for the advices!

deficency_chart.jpg

BAM !!!

So I Thought this might help ya out.

I agree with guy though it definitely looks like a nitrogen defic. in the early stages.

Good Luck

Thanks for the help!

Welcome Orros! My guess is that it looks like N due to lower yellowing, and maybe P, due to the dark stems, veins and emerging spots. Likely all are due to over-watering, and/or pH related uptake issues, as she has the wet-feet look. I don't know how you've been watering her - but the best watering method I've found, is to let her dry out almost to the point of wilt/flag/droop - and then drench her completely. Once on a drench-to-dry cycle, she'll start to show you better color and health.

It looks like you have a good amount of perlite in there, so she should be dry in just a couple/few days. You can feed with nutes if you want, but she's likely still got some of the last feed in the soil, so you might make the next feeding just pH'd water, and when you drench, make sure you get lots of runoff to remove the salt build up. Maybe give her two dry cycles before transplant....10 days or so. Water first cycle, feed the next. :cheer:

Thanks for the infos!

So I've been watching her, and she had The Claw on two leaves, so when I tried to correct the N defs I might have given a bit too much nutes. So I flushed it with clean water and epsom salt, looked like it had Magnesium defs too.

So for now the top leaves looks good, the claws are getting better pretty fast, and my second set of leaves are yellow with brown spot and showing some nutes burn on the edges too, they're pretty much in their last stand. Even the first pair of leaves are yellow almost white.

I will have to look for P defs.
But for now I'll be keeping an eye on her to see how she's doing.

Hello everyone!

I think I've spotted some Nitrogen/Magnesium Deficiency on my plant.

Plant is 3-4 weeks old, lower leaves have been slightly yellowing and a brown spot appeared on one of the leaves.
So I fed them nutes, the flora series of GH all calculated with a chart.

So I've fed them 3 days ago now, it seem to be comming a bit more greener, but the leave with the brown spot just got worst, another brown spot appeared and the tip is curling up, so magnesium deficiency?

Here take a look on at the pictures.

IMG_48785.jpg

IMG_48752.jpg

IMG_48767.jpg
IMG_48822.JPG

The top of the plant look just fine though.

IMG_48814.jpg

If it is magnesium deficiency, should I just plain water next time or should I put some more Florabloom (Got some magnesium in this bottle)?

Or should I get a product specially for magnesium?

Thanks for the replies!
Is it cold out?

Back
Top Bottom