Nitrogen Toxicity? - Trying to Diagnose

TXkid

What Strain is it? I don't know (bag seeds)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Both, I don't know percentages
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering? Vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage.. How long? About a month
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your mix? ProMix
If Soil... What size pot? 1 gallon
Size (Wattage) Of light? 8 bulb T5 (about 430watts I think)
Is it Air Cooled? No
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? About high 70's - mid 80's
RH of Room/Cabinet? About 50%
PH of medium or Reservoir? I don't know
Any pests? no
How often are you watering? Every couple days
Type and strength of fertilizers used? Biobizz full line and about 3/4 strength
Size or square footage of room? 4x4
IMG_037135.jpg
IMG_037030.jpg
IMG_036932.jpg
IMG_036834.jpg
IMG_036729.jpg
IMG_036631.jpg
IMG_036533.jpg

What is your PH like? Do you own a PH tester/meter? With "Promix as your soil as you say...is not actually considered a "soiless mix?" PHing nutes at approx. 5.8 and all that jazz? Sorry for the questions but nutrient lock-out due to having PH either too high, or too low will also make your plants start looking funky reallly quick. Nitrogen Toxicity/ In your plants....errr....eehhhh.. I dont think so. But that just my two cents worth. Good luck. Hopefully some other helpful folks will chime in with some of their own experiences. When in doubt, a good flush with water PH'd accordingly will do wonders. Then build back up to regular feeding schedules "slowly" and in small increments! Being patient and letting them repair and grow is hard sometimes even for me! I would love to see your journal on this grow! Best wishes!

Sparks

That is some beautiful Magnesium Def. there.

mg-magnesium-deficiency-sm.jpg

Definitely some over done Nitrogen but not a ton... you don't have a drastic problem yet.

Cut way back on the standard nutes as you probably are following the bottle direction not cutting back to a reasonable level. The directions on the bottle are for ideal conditions with a big pro light or outdoors and great air flow and proper temps and humidity. Looks like your humidity was a bit low especially for being in the 80's. Not bad but close to stunting . At 40% and below growth slows way down.

Not drastic but 3/4 strength at 450W of T5 is a bit strong. You are at the minimum level of lighting really. 600W in a HID really is the minimum to run at a concentration as labeled. So under 450 of T5 you may get to 3/4 at peak growth but you are not there yet. Those plants are not close to that big. The nutes are to support photosynthesis and you do not have many leaves nor intense lighting so the photosynthesis is lower (still good enough to get real good weed just not optimal) so the nutes have to come down until you have much more photosynthesis going on.

I didn't see anything about what kind of water you are using. I would get some cal mag in there ASAP. You can't over do it and there looks to be interveinal chlorosis that is likely due to magnesium Def.

:goodluck:

Thanks everybody for the input and advice. @VilliageIdiot, I ordered 1000 watt MH and I'm putting them under it in a few days when it gets here. I'm going to flush them once they dry out from the last watering and start decreasing my nutes and add some calmag. Do you think I could transplant them in a few days when I move them under the light or should I wait a few more days?

:thumb:

So I would wait to transplant until it is the right time to transplant based on root ball. The soil aint toxic yet you just did some over feeding is all. Just keep up the good work. sounds like you know not ot over water and letting it dry out create bigger happier faster growing plants so you are on the right path.

What size pots are they in. General rule of thumb is 1 gallon per month so if to don't screw anything up you really never need to go over 5 gallons. I use bigger ones once in a while just in case I want to go long like in a SCROG but really it only matters up to about half way through bloom. At that point the roots stop growing and the plant focuses on flower formation.

Here is a golden nugget I don't often tell people. For all of your soil grows you really should examine the root mass when done. You want to look at total mass and how it filled out and see if it was root bound or rotting. There is a lot to learn about what happened to the plant and you can figure out if there was some basic errors doing the autopsy. I have grown in pots where the roots didn't even fill out 1/3 of the pot which is totally fine but a waste. I wouldn't have really known that if I just turned over the pot in the garden and walked away.

@VilliageIdiot I have six plants total: 5 in one gallon and 1 in a three gallon. They're all in fabric pots. I've been really wanting to try out my first scrog with the plant that is currently in the three gallon.(she is showing no signs of any problems) I was thinking about moving it to a ten gallon smart pot!! And giving it 1000 watts to itself. I've been training it like crazy and I think it has some great potential. When would be the best point to do the transfer from a 3 to a 10 be?? Or maybe the 3 to a 5 to a 10?? I want to turn her into a monster haha

Also that is great advice about examining the roots after chop. I always love knocking off the dirt to check out their roots after chop:)

Well there are many views on transplanting and I am not a fan in general. People always want to jump on me for what I am about to say so I will write it and you can ignore me.

I was taught a long time ago by a horticulturalist to not transplant for a few reasons. I was trained to just plant it in the final pot and let it grow uninhibited. We grow these for such a short period that it is actually very easy to get a pot way to big for the grow that is not really "that big". I recently grew a big girl in a 15 gallon and probably didn't really use half the pot. I haven't taken her out yet. I normally like to recycle the soil and use it a few times but my compost bin is still full. I will give a looksy hopefully in a few weeks after I pot up some more clones. But I doubt I used up the space available.

I try not to grow in under a 5 gallon or at least not bloom in under a 5 gallon. 7 is probably enough even for a long grow. But letting roots go big never hurts. Especially if you let it dry out so it grows a big root ball. If you let it dry out between watering the root ball will be plenty big if there is enough space to grow into.

I have done great in smaller but I just found for me, for a normal plant, 5 gallons is the size I like.... much more is for just in case you are going to do a long grow.

Going too big has one downside. If you make a mistake or get Fungus gnats or just about anything that kills the root ball then you need to up size and repot in order to get a new root ball. That is really the only reason to go step by step is to be cautious and have space to always upgrade. There are other reasons people do it but they are not really helping becasue cannabis grows over such a short time frame that they would be done faster to let them grow uninhibited. If on the other hand you know how to keep the roots happy and healthy and will never need to up size then go a little bigger than you need and be done... you will be happy.

For many years I never even sprouted in cups. I just paced seed directly in a good aerated soil blend in a big pot and it always just came up in 4 days and grew without restriction and I was able to beat my hydro friends.

But I am an idiot so don't listen to me.

Back
Top Bottom