Niveks Canuck Kanook: A Perpetual Journey, 2018

so it begins

welcome, most welcome friends, nearly family now some of yas

i have decided to begin this journal for the most selfish of reasons,, so my apologies before i get too far,,

it is information that i seek,, and i know that you have some of it,, and i want it,,

hence the selfishness ;)

you see,, my grow room is in dire need of an upgrade. my 'labooratoory' has remained nearly unchanged since it's inception,, way back in late 2015,,, way way back,,

some of y'all might not even have been born yet

cfl's were a hot ticket item back then,, and i grabbed em and ran,, big time,,

my siggy has a dead link to a cfl panel project i did way back when

but i still plan to incorporate the cfl panel into this upgrade,, perhaps

so, my current grow 'labooratoory' is located in an outbuilding , get this,, outside my house,,, ten feet by twenty the building is mostly my art studio,, with a small grow space located at the far back.

so this is Canada, that is the outbuilding,, and as many folks know,, that is what it's like out here in august,,, sheesh

this is a floor plan of my current 'labooratoory'

the boys, dutty and dutty too are here helpin out, as always,, dutty is the real worker,, dutty too is,, well, he is dutty too, what can i say,,

and this is my 'proposed' new 'labooratoory'

a near doubling of the flower room space,, but built specifically for the purpose of adding two more plants to my operation,, two 'larger' plants than i currently grow

my flower room, tho only five feet by five feet, required me brain to max out with space planning logical reasoning,,, why this way and not that way, when after all it made no real difference,, just moving things around

my grow situation is a bit different you see,, so different that i have yet to see the idea copied,, which i suppose should tell me something,, but stubborn is another of my many traits, along with selfish

i have my normal eight foot high flower room split into two near even levels and i grow several small plants on two levels rather than less plants on one level

i don't grow more pot probably but i get to play with quite a few plants at a time and i get to do twice the work i need to,,, yaaaay :theband:

i think i will still incorporate this two level system into my new space, but i will have space left over to grow two fuller size plants,, least that is my current thinking

most of my existing operation was 'as built', 'jurry rigged', 'mickey moused', 'thrown together' as every do it yerselfer is prone to do

i grow in soil,, five equal parts of potting soil, peat moss, vermiculite perlite and worm castings.

the worm castings are a recent addition to the mix as the castings were supposed to reduce the plants nutrient requirements to near zero

well poo poo and ixnay to that idea,, did not work,, nutrients still required, tho perhaps a bit less

dutty givin er

so to begin this journal, which is a record of events , over time

to begin this,, i have several decisions to be made, over time, in regards to space planning, lighting, heating, ventilation, electrical, seed selection, cooling, nutritional necessities, garbage disposal, wall colourings, noise suppression, flooring,, and perhaps lastly some art work for the walls

mostly lighting tho

so, over time, this journal will monitor the progress and construction of my new 'labooratoory', which will be an 'evolution' of ideas, a small evolution, tiss true, but there shall be melding, dern it

dutty climbing me and the missusses favorite strain,, a mama thai/thai stick plant we call 'mack'. this plant currently puts out about three ounces a plant, with ninety to one hundred days in flower

that is about the nicest 'mack' plant i have grown yet,, and somehow i managed to get it out of the scrog screen in one piece, a rarity indeed.

my two level flower room allows me to grow seven smallish plants concurrently,, and the room perpetually puts forth productive plants :goodjob:

i have three resident favorite strains,, the 'mack', a blueberry and an og kush

the mack is a near hundred day flowererer and the blue is just over seventy and the og is in the middle somewhere so the math there tells that my harvest dates are all over the map for days between harvests but average every couple of weeks throughout the year

so, i'' be bak when i figure out where this journal is going next,, an evolution,, remember??

cheers, friends,, karma sent

i grow in soil,, five equal parts of potting soil, peat moss, vermiculite perlite and worm castings....the worm castings are a recent addition to the mix as the castings were supposed to reduce the plants nutrient requirements to near zero...well poo poo and ixnay to that idea,, did not work,, nutrients still required, tho perhaps a bit less

You need more than worm castings...you need all the goodness that is in vermicompost (VC) and that should comprise 50% of your soil. I am water only with this ratio....plants get plenty....

Looking forward to your project.

:goodluck:

that is what it's like out here in august

BULLSHIT!
Tead calls 'em as he see's 'em.
Next thing you know, he'll be tellin us he pees on his plants!

i have three resident favorite strains,, the 'mack', a blueberry and an og kush

Ever notice how many folk's personal fav list includes OGK? Such a favorite for SOOOOOO long.

You need more than worm castings...you need all the goodness that is in vermicompost (VC) and that should comprise 50% of your soil. I am water only with this ratio....plants get plenty....

Looking forward to your project.

:goodluck:

cheers blew,, you are indeed correct,, i need more than worm castings. that idea and information came from a trusted source whom no longer be completely trusted. his fault he is no longer completely trusted.

i shall pursue the information you provided,, i presume i could pursue that information in your journal,, which i shall,,

cheers blew,, nice to meet cha

I'll grab a chair and watch the evolution Nivek. I'm thinking of upgrading myself, my rooms are a bit worn for wear.

:passitleft:

heya jax,, karma sent friend,,

please chime in with any ideas ripe for upgradability,, i am in hot pursuit of said items,, in desperate need actually,, ha

:thanks:

oh, jax,, nice kush there friend,, a q fer ya if ya dont mind,, is the kush plant a dense budded plant, as mine is,, ?? is one kush the same as another?? dunna think so, yours a beaut, indeed
...:ciao:...:thumb:...:popcorn:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:

cheers yerself hooker,, welcome aboard,, karma sent as well friend,,

That was an awesome intro, and this sounds like a lot of fun :)

friend,,sheesh,, thanks so much,, you of all deserve a separate post

That was an awesome intro, and this sounds like a lot of fun :)

heya weaseley,, cheers to ya friend,, thanks so much for chippin into the chip bag,,

we shall chat friend,, soon,, cheers

...one thought...what is your electrical situation in the studio...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:

well, errr, soo, it's like this ya see,, errr, :oops:

that is one of the upgrade issues,, absolutely,, the missus demand such things she do

currently my currents are barely acceptable,, i have one dedicated 120 circuit to the studio and i supplement with an additional electrical cord plugged into the household outside circuit running into the studio labooratoory.

altogether unacceptable, agreed ,, i have a friend coming over to see if i can add an additional circuit to my household panel and will run it to the studio. that would be a perfect solution, in my opinion,, so i have my legs crossed for that one

electrical safety is indeed a concern and priority for me,, and specially for the missus,, understandably

great question indeed hooker,, cheers friend

Oh yeah, I’ll stop here as often as I can. The intro hooked me solid. Lol! Thanks for the invite. :hug:

Because you split your space vertically I don’t think you’d have the distance necessary to run quantum boards. CFLs may turn out to be your best option nivek.

Nivek, I have 3 OG Kush and 7 Skywalker Kush in my room. The one above is definitely a stouter plant than the other two but the buds on all of them are very tight and heavy. Very dense. I have several clones of two of them but didn't get any from that one. So when I realized what a mistake that was I took a few small buds and am trying to reveg them. I think it's working, I have revegged plants but never just a bud. I am watching for mold every day because my humidity is so high.

When are you harvesting?

BULLSHIT!
Tead calls 'em as he see's 'em.
Next thing you know, he'll be tellin us he pees on his plants!

Ever notice how many folk's personal fav list includes OGK? Such a favorite for SOOOOOO long.

Haha,, yes, well,, you win that game of bullshit Tead,, indeed,,

Pees on his plants,, hhaa,, now that is funny,, who would ever do that?? haha

Gots me agin ya dids,, cheers and welcome to this journal friend,,

Nivek, I have 3 OG Kush and 7 Skywalker Kush in my room. The one above is definitely a stouter plant than the other two but the buds on all of them are very tight and heavy. Very dense. I have several clones of two of them but didn't get any from that one. So when I realized what a mistake that was I took a few small buds and am trying to reveg them. I think it's working, I have revegged plants but never just a bud. I am watching for mold every day because my humidity is so high.

When are you harvesting?

WWell,, i am trying to clone a bud right now,, from near four weeks in flower. coincidentally, I just did the same with a blueberry bud, after three weeks flowering,, and it took.

TTook a real long time, but the little bud kinda died and the teeny plant grew new shoots, saved my blueberry strain for me, which is very good

I just harvested my last OG kush plant, last weekend,, and i saved as many leaves on it as possible during harvest, which is about six leaves, and a couple popcorn buds

NNow it sits outside in me veggy garden all cozy like, and perhaps it just might throw out a shoot,,

WWell,, i am trying to clone a bud right now,, from near four weeks in flower. coincidentally, I just did the same with a blueberry bud, after three weeks flowering,, and it took.

TTook a real long time, but the little bud kinda died and the teeny plant grew new shoots, saved my blueberry strain for me, which is very good

I just harvested my last OG kush plant, last weekend,, and i saved as many leaves on it as possible during harvest, which is about six leaves, and a couple popcorn buds

NNow it sits outside in me veggy garden all cozy like, and perhaps it just might throw out a shoot,,
I did same thing with my blueberry took a clone thought it was dead, ignored it and 6 weeks later healthy plant. It wasn't a bud though.
The bud I took from the Kush was around 7 weeks in flower hopefully it works. Once I harvest I will try to reveg my favorite Kush.

Oh yeah, I’ll stop here as often as I can. The intro hooked me solid. Lol! Thanks for the invite. :hug:

Because you split your space vertically I don’t think you’d have the distance necessary to run quantum boards. CFLs may turn out to be your best option nivek.

HHeya Sue,, nice of you to visit,, cheers

I love the sound of those boards,, quantum,,, How cool a word is that? quantum quantum quantum,, just plain fun to say

AActually, I dunna even know what they are,,, so much to learn I have

BBut I do have space in my flower room that is full height,, and i do plan on growing some full size plants, so perhaps I can have some quantum quantum boards in my life afterall

I will be looking at cobs,, light strips, and now quantum boards,, which may or may not be the same as light strips.

OOne thing for sure,, the new lights will be l.e.d.

AAppreciate the info Sue, indeed.. Love the chat,, peace and karma sent

Graytail and others have built them to get the sky of light they desire nivek. I think this may be right up your alley. On one of Graytail’s recent pages (in the past week) he posted a reprint of an overview of the many points of light by Icemud, our go-to for light learnin’. I think you’d enjoy that read.

Back
Top Bottom