Niwashi Tries Monster Cropping

@Zincite welcome aboard!

@JustMeds I was hoping you would show up!

Now for the details!

I constructed the cloner from the following materials:

5gal bucket
500gph pump
360 degree shrub sprinkler
3” 1/2 pvc riser
9 foam cloning collars
2 smart outlets
13w 5000k CFL
6” reflector fixture with clamp
18w dual lamp LED grow light (8w each)

I simply attached the 3” riser and the sprinkler to the pump and centered the sprinkler head in the bottom of the bucket. 9, 1 3/4” Giles were drilled in the lid of the bucket to accommodate the foam cloning collars. I mixed up a mute solution of about 2 gallons of 143ppm tap water with 1/4 tsp of GH Gro, Micro and bloom, 25 drops of GH rapidstart and a dime sized blob of clonex gel. The cuttings were cut at a 45 degree angle under the 5th node, the 5th node was removed with a razor blade and the clones were dipped in additional clonex, inserted in the collars and placed into the lid of the 5gal bucket.

I have the pump set to 1min on/4min off with one of the smart outlets, and the other smart outlet will be used for the lamps. Currently on a 24hr light cycle to encourage revegging before flipping to 18/6 after the first week.

Please let me know if you have some tweaks, or if I should be good to go!!

I’m still following your nute schedules more or less.

More or less is the right answer. My nute recipe works for me in my environment, you've "more or less" tweaked it to be optimal in your environment.

Welcome @Bonsaiweed !

Might just have to borrow that Cloner idea from you Niwashi.

Let’s make sure it makes these babies root first! I’m not 100% sure that the single sprinkler head setup is going to work, especially for the middle position, but we shall see!

More or less is the right answer. My nute recipe works for me in my environment, you've "more or less" tweaked it to be optimal in your environment.

:)

Just noticed that I didn’t list my final PPM after adding all the nutes. I’m sitting at 253ppm right now. Unfortunately my PH pen is out of commission and I won’t have the new one until Tuesday. Hopefully they can stand the tap water which is normally around pH 7 @ 145 ppm. I also added 1/4 tsp of both parts Z7 enzyme to keep the water clean.

So far the clones all look happy and no drooping! Really getting excited for these girls. The mother was beautiful and smelled great. Looking forward to scrogging this grow and spreading her out :)

Couple things I would change. Clonex Gel in the solution, I think dip the clone in it and that is it. You don't need any nutes in the cloner, just straight ph'd water around 6.0. The clones have no roots so no need for nutes yet.

Back
Top Bottom