NKOTB's 1st Ever Grow - Pineapplegum - WSS - Coco - LED - 2x2x4

Hey NKOTB Looking good so far, I'll sub in here to help you out where I can :)

Your plant in the Coco looks like it has a Magnesium deficiency as indicated by the interveinal chlorosis and purpling of the leaf stems. This can be caused by an actual deficiency or it can also be caused by the PH being too low.

I just want to ask a few questions to get an idea of whats actually going on with your plants if you don't mind :)

What PH are you feeding it and what is your EC or PPM of the solution at the moment?

Have you PHd or checked the EC of your run off?

It does not look like you are using any Cal/Mag, in my experience of growing with coco hempy buckets, a Cal/Mag supplement was really a necessity as coco binds Calcium making it unavailable to the plant and also affects Magnesium.

You say you are using Lucas formula, is your Micro for hard or soft water?

You should also have about 15% - 20% run off with coco to prevent nutrient build ups.

Did you rinse the coco to remove salt before planting in it?

Keep up the good work,

GreenFingers

Not sure why In just now seeing your post smdh! But to answer a few of your questions: my pH is 5.9 Ppm were 875, I'll have to double check tomorrow when I mix up the feed. Haven't checked it in weeks. I don't check runoff because I was told it's irrelevant in coco hempy. The coco was thoroughly rinsed prior to use and I'm not using CalMag (although I have a bottle) because I'm using tap water.

Here's Penelope at 34 days old. I think I found her sweet spot.

image12016.jpeg

Anyone know how to upload images on your phone with going to the desktop site? It never uploads all of mine, only 1 or 2 at a time

The red link in my description shows setting up a 250w HPS in a space of a similar size to yours, you will see the amount of ventelation that was needed along with a cooltube, it might be useful reading for you. Page 9 I think

If you can properly vent your area it is a potential option :)

P.S Regardless of weather you use tap water, coco still binds calcium and usually requires cal/mag I use tap water and still have to use it. Those purple leaf stems are the first signs of a Magnesium deficiency.

What is the EC of your tap water?

GreenFingers

Penelope fell over and these two tops broke off smdh. Can I clone these?
M
image12161.jpeg

you can try, take away the bottom leaves and cut part from the rest of the leaves... i think they are too small, usually when you clone, you cut maybe after the 4th node from the top. try, you wont lose anything by trying.

I figured they were too small but tried anyway with the bigger one. I tried my hand at some canna milk (ended up making hot chocolate) with the rest. Wasn't expecting much effect with such a small amount but I do feel slightly more relaxed.

Day 39
image12224.jpeg

Day 16 and Whitney isn't looking so hot. Just started feeding 1/4 strength nutes/calmag yesterday. Also lowered her away from the lights a bit. Hopefully things pick up after a few feedings.
image545.png

Not sure if I'm doing this right but installed the scrog anyway. Having individual strings was too risky, I kept breaking off growth. We've been in 12/12 for 3 days now
image12617.jpeg

that scrog looks very good! :goodjob:

Try being more careful with your plants man, no reason to break anything if you take your time and do things carefully. cheers

keep it going! good luck

Not much to update on but I did finally get my DSLR inside of the tent for some quick snaps. Both ladies have been in 12/12 for 6 days.

Penelope - day 48

IMG_6572_1.jpg

Whitney - day 24

IMG_6573_1.jpg

11 days in 12/12 and I've got buds :circle-of-love:

image13008.jpeg

Of course, my dslr battery is dead and I have no idea where the charger could be. Do I use CalMag all the way til flush?

Penelope - 18 days 12/12; 60 days from seed.

IMG_65919.JPG

IMG_659312.JPG

Due to height restrictions I can't use the CFLs anymore. Leaf tips are getting burned and I can't raise them above the plant. Now I'm solely counting on the LED panel to finish flowering the girl. Whitney isn't really directly under the led so I've put her under 5x 23w 2700k bulbs. She's staying low and getting bushy, exactly how I want. Whitney is also displaying white pistils :circle-of-love:

Here's the new setup. I have no idea why this loaded sideways.
IMG_659711.JPG

Back
Top Bottom