NL auto-fems and CFLs

Spelunko

I am getting ready to seed 4 Northern Lights seeds. I would like your opinion on whether or not to LST them? I have 6 CFLs. Semi-repositional. they hang down from a chandelier. What would give me the most yield? standing vert. or LSTing them to be horizontal? Note: no other plant manipulation planned. I would say LST but I am sure someone here has experience. Thanks a happy smokin.

6 CFLs? What wattage? (Make sure you read the real wattage, not the equivalent wattage)

For 6 average wattage CFLs, I would only grow one plant. Not four. CFLs lack penetration and intensity to handle that many plants. I would definitely suggest topping and LST if these are photo strains. If autos, LST only for beginners.

Plants trained flat and wide seem to do best under CFLs. Otherwise, you'd need a tower of CFLs circling the plant to get a good yield and good light penetration.

I agree with Antics, CFLs for 4plants would be a nightmare! CFLs are good but only for 1 or 2 plants. In your case the best option is 600hps or LED with CFLs as support light. Sure it can be done but not worth the hassle unless it was your ONLY option. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom