NL Auto In Dirt With CFL

DreamsOfGreen

Hi again 420 mag community! This marks attempt #2; my first attempt linked in sig. So as promised at the end of that journal I'm moving out of the place that caused the heartache to somewhere more friendly toward my activities. My major issue being that I'm impatient and popped a bean in anticipation of my new haven. So she's off to a bad start: zero protection, reflection, humidity control, temperature control, or active air flow. To top it all off I only had MG on hand so I did a triple flush of the MG before I mixed it with perlite and coco (50 MG, 30 coco, 20 perlite) to try to reduce the life expectancy of the ferts.
Not bad enough yet? Well I've got her in a 1 gal smart pot that isn't even full because I ran out of coco and didn't want to overdo the MG, and her lighting consists of a single, giant 105 true watt cfl.
I water with RO, and since I'm mostly packed for my move I don't know pH of soil or runoff, temp, RH or anything really.....aaand I have to traumatize her with a move. Basically if I get a single j from this girl I'm calling it a success. I'm just eager to get that first completed grow under my belt, so I'm willing to take a garbage start.
Old friends welcome, new friends too! Hopefully we can all enjoy a little comedy at this half-baked attempt.

20160313_170026.jpg

Here she is six days after breaking the surface.

Half baked is still eatable, funny story there friend,, only the good karma sent to your wee one,,cheers to ya,, :Namaste:

Thanks for the positive energy nivek, I'm sure we can put it to good use, maybe pass it on and amplify it. Good point on half-baked being edible; hell I've been known to eat some would-be baked treats raw. In fact I'd say they are inversely proportional: the more baked I am the less baked my treats are when I eat them :)

Ha, funny agin. Well done. Just one point, CFLs, they work great, indeed. My point now, keep em close, my CFL motto, if they be two inches away, THEY BE TOO FAR.
Even the newest of new wee ones. Soon as they break ground. Works fer me anyhow, cheers:Namaste:

Hiya Snid, thanks for the good vibes brother. I'm sure aurora will do just fine, especially with this community looking out for her. I've seen worse starts elsewhere finish with some impressive results, at least I know I'm goofing it up intentionally for the sake of two extra weeks. Checked out your journals, have to say I think aurora is in good hands

Hiya Snid, thanks for the good vibes brother. I'm sure aurora will do just fine, especially with this community looking out for her. I've seen worse starts elsewhere finish with some impressive results, at least I know I'm goofing it up intentionally for the sake of two extra weeks. Checked out your journals, have to say I think aurora is in good hands

All I'll say is I couldn't have done it without the fine folks here being so knowledgeable and eager to help. That's why I'm trying to return the favour, makes the community grow/go round and round. Just like cornering in a Porsche, slow in and fast out. She'll take off soon mun,

KiG :green_heart:cheers

heya agin,, just a note, from me to y'all,, about cfl's,, dunna be afeared to put em close,, real close, i know i am repetitive, i repeat,, close,, ya,,

P1160568.JPG

heya agin,, just a note, from me to y'all,, about cfl's,, dunna be afeared to put em close,, real close, i know i am repetitive, i repeat,, close,, ya,,

Haha repetition is sometimes the only way to make it sink in. But I promise Niv, I'm heeding your advice. I haven't been home since yesterday morning, and won't be till this evening (I know, I know; I'm a terrible parent for leaving the newborns) but when I am I'll send picture proof

Hey all, nothing to update really, she's just doing her thing for now. We're at 9 days from seed today, and I'm just waiting on that second set of true leaves to really fill out and start powering this little "seedling that could." No water yet, just some light misting of the soil around the plant then putting her under a plastic dome a couple hours each day to increase RH. I don't have my thermometer/hygrometer handy till after the move but it feels warm and dry in the room.

I used MG for my plants too. less than a 1/3 of a solo cup. was it full blown MG or the dialed down? MG organic is nice and low levels. best of luck to you, I read your other journal, and I nodded my head durring the moment of silence. very much needed. the neglected and abused plants seem to usually make some nice comebacks. best of luck this time around

12 days from seed. Topped off the pot with some low fert organic seedling mix to prevent that moisture wicking from the rockwool (thanks STIHL).I'm beginning to wonder why I tried my first attempt in hydro. This soil is the bees knees. I'm mostly just staring lol. No res or anything to maintain just so, no additional pumps or tubes or air stones...I like it
20160320_045634.jpg

Back
Top Bottom