420 Magazine Background

NL Dirt smell

festus59

Am a beginner,but have succesfully grown a few NL plants. I understand that strain is low aroma, but final product just smell like dirt. No pleasant aromatic or citus smell at All. Quality is ok, and fairly smooth. Is there something common that I am under or over doing? Use general Hydroponics three part nutrition. Mars Pro II 800w Epistar 160 LED grow light. 2' x 4' room

KostasFour20

Who is the breeder on the seeds. The NL's that I have grown don't smell much until late in flower. The bud smell cured is citrusey and aromatic. Kind of a sweet smell.
It would be tough to judge the grow without a journal to go back over. Did you have one here?

Cultivator

Member of the Month: Jan 2013 - Plant of the Month: Nov 2016, May 2018 - Nug of the Month: Mar 2018 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Oct 2016
So many things come into play so with out seeing what your grow has been like its tough to comment. cooler temps the last 2 or 3 weeks of flower will help. better to set a journal up and document what you are doing then people can help you out better.

festus59

Who is the breeder on the seeds. The NL's that I have grown don't smell much until late in flower. The bud smell cured is citrusey and aromatic. Kind of a sweet smell.
It would be tough to judge the grow without a journal to go back over. Did you have one here?
Thank You for the reply

festus59

Thank You for the reply

Fuzzy Duck

Personal i find a suitable slow air dry & cure time helps solve most of that.

Ya know i hang my bud up for drying & like it smells like damp hay or even dirt, i'm thinking what is this poop.... ya dry it to fast trapping in chlorophyll leading to a bad taste or aroma.

Cultivator

Member of the Month: Jan 2013 - Plant of the Month: Nov 2016, May 2018 - Nug of the Month: Mar 2018 - Creme de la Creme Photos: Oct 2016

festus59

Personal i find a suitable slow air dry & cure time helps solve most of that.

Ya know i hang my bud up for drying & like it smells like damp hay or even dirt, i'm thinking what is this poop.... ya dry it to fast trapping in chlorophyll leading to a bad taste or aroma.
Thank You

Top Bottom