NM Considers New Conditions For Medical Marijuana

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
A medical advisory board will hold a public hearing Friday in Santa Fe to consider petitions for adding new health conditions to the New Mexico Department of Health's medical marijuana program.

The board will review five petitions and make recommendations to the department secretary, who will then make a final decision.

If a condition is approved, anyone with that medical condition can apply to the program.

The conditions under consideration are Hepatitis C undergoing non-antiviral treatment; cluster headaches; bipolar disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder; Ankylosing Spondylitis, a chronic, inflammatory arthritis and auto-immune disease; and Blepharospasm, a neurological movement disorder that causes a twitch of the eyelid.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: kvia.com
Author: Associated Press
Copyright: 2009 WorldNow and KVIA
Contact: KVIA.com El Paso, Las Cruces - Weather, News, Sports - - Home
Website: NM considers new conditions for medical marijuana - KVIA.com El Paso, Las Cruces - Weather, News, Sports -

Excellent. I can relate to the OCD one and the occassional twitch of the eyelid one as well. LOL.

As a serious medical marijuana patient, I would be very interested to see any and all additional changes to the program! I'm sick of breaking the law! I have Bi-Polar I Mood Disorder and OCD, so I am anxiously awaiting some good news! Keep me posted!

From what I understand,bi-polarism and cluster headaches(with Migraines also) have been recommended and are awaiting Health Secretary Vigil's approval or rejection. Another possible recommended condition is Ankylosing Spondylitis.

Back
Top Bottom