No choice! Must transplant outdoor plants planted in the ground to pots, aeration garden pots

michelleskoviak

420 Member
I have several outdoor plants growing from the ground outside from germinating and planting them up until now in which they have been flowering for about 4 weeks now. The tallest one is just over 6ft. tall and the others are about 5'9" tall. They have 2-3 weeks more of flowering is what Iv'e been told (this is my first time growing) and they are also becoming very top heavy as some branches filled with buds seem like they might break . The reason they have to be moved is because I have to move a.s.a.p. and I can't leave them there. Please help with any advise that will be useful. My location is out in Los Angeles; I'm naming my location to give you an idea of my climate, I think that would matter. Thank you in advance!

I'd wrap them up with sheets, dig them up without disturbing the root ball, and move them into fabric pots or whatever you have handy. The most important part is keeping all the soil around the roots. When we do this with shrubs at the greenhouse we wrap the top snugly with a sheet, then dig it up, go out as far as the drip line - then bundle up the rootball in another sheet of something and carefully carry it to your pot. If you end up trimming off roots with your shovel, not a problem at that stage of growth. Sometimes a root pruning is even better as it can induce flowering as the plant thinks it's life is coming to an end. Make sure you have a few inches of new clean soil at the bottom of your pots. Wrapping the top keeps everything snug and safe from breakage. Water them in the pots well right away, then add more soil if it settles. Shouldn't set them back more than a few days. Sometimes it actually encourages them, like I said, to frantically try to flower before season's end.

I fear that digging them up is going to shock the plants and stunt them from blooming anymore. Also, roots from marijuana seeds planted in ground are massive. You likely will need to chop alot of the roots away to fit into a pot. What damage will be done from that I do not know.
I have transplanted from one pot to another prior to blooming stage and had no ill effects but being that far through flowering stage is alot different

Hello michelleskoviak
I'm not qualified to give advice but it is in outside growing where my interest abounds.
Is it the case here that the plants would be out of the ground for a long time whilst on the move?
By that I mean that you will travel quite a distance.

Here are pictures of .my plants!

Attachments

• 20191006_174101.jpg
    20191006_174101.jpg
    714.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 20191006_174021.jpg
    20191006_174021.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 20191006_174004.jpg
    20191006_174004.jpg
    722.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 20191006_173914.jpg
    20191006_173914.jpg
    806.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 20191006_173855.jpg
    20191006_173855.jpg
    836.1 KB · Views: 71
I have posted pictues and am wondering by looking and zooming in on them you all might have a better idea of what stage they are at and if i should transplant them or harvest them

I'm trying to respond to everybody's comments or likes and I haven't gotten it quite down yet it's it won't take long so if I have not responded to your likes or replies I'm not ignoring you I'm just having technology issues I think I'm better at growing let's

You really need to get a loupe and check the trichomes to decide if you are at a point where harvesting is an option at this point.
I did look at them up close maybe not as up close as I should have I just don't have a magnifying glass I used my phone I am seeing a bit of red hairs on them now yet there are still more clear then red hairs on them

I have several outdoor plants growing from the ground outside from germinating and planting them up until now in which they have been flowering for about 4 weeks now. The tallest one is just over 6ft. tall and the others are about 5'9" tall. They have 2-3 weeks more of flowering is what Iv'e been told (this is my first time growing) and they are also becoming very top heavy as some branches filled with buds seem like they might break . The reason they have to be moved is because I have to move a.s.a.p. and I can't leave them there. Please help with any advise that will be useful. My location is out in Los Angeles; I'm naming my location to give you an idea of my climate, I think that would matter. Thank you in advance!
I had a similar experience only I had to get rid of mine because someone busted my privacy fence door trying to get to them and where I live it's not legal. I had to use an axe to chop mine down. I ended making bubble hash. Good luck whatever you choose to do.

Back
Top Bottom