No flavor

hashnuggs

Hi, I pulled my Bubblicous at 10 and half weeks. Trichoms were all cloudy and hairs were all red not a white hair on her. Hung dried in a plastic box with holes cut out. Added some fish filter with carbon on it where the holes are and one fan inside the box to push air through the filter out of the box. Also a fan on the outside blowing through a filter into the box but far away and low setting. Herb dried for 5-6 days was crispy on the outer leafs and sponge like inside. Been sweating them in mason jars for about 4- 5 days and thought i would sample it. No flavor what so ever, nothing harsh or nasty but nothing. Smells great, got baked but no flavor and i monitored the humidity and temps in the box. Temps between 58-66 and humidity between 45-60% for dry. Stems didn't snap but bent when i put in jars and are still aren't crisp. So does it take 2 full weeks of cure just to have any taste?

If the stem wasn't dry enough to snap, it was not ready for cure. But, to quick test, you can use a toaster oven or microwave to test it out.

Some of the buds snap and some don't. The curing i have read to put in jars right before it snaps as it dries too much. The buds are uneven with drying on several batches. Some of it is soft and some hard. Will try a fast dry on one of the buds this evening when i get back home. I have no sign of mold so far. If i did jar it up before dried right and has no mold am i good to let it dry and jar it back up? What I don't get is there is no taste what so ever. I smoke and don't cough or anything. No nasty tasty, and the jars smell sweet. So I'm wondering does fresh weed not completely dry have no taste? I always hear of people smoking fresh and dealing iwth a nasty taste but mine is absent of taste.

Is it getting you off, even without the flavor?
Yes matter fact its pretty strong nice high but im going nutts trying to figure out where im going wrong. My first batch had no flavor but i dried with fans and room that ran 85+ and sometimes hitting 90-93 with 20-30% humidity so figured that is what my last batch sucked. This time i used fans but small ones that push air away and temps and humidity were what i figured to be best. I have a pineapple chunk ready for harvest and i would really like to taste it.

I microwaved and no flavor, really harsh and i got high but no flavor. The bubble hash has tons of flavor so i can only assume its the fans make uneven dry and releasing all the terpenes leaving me nice flavorless herb. If any one has had this happen and chime in about it would be great. I'm going to try and hang dry with no fans what so ever and hope for no mold and good herb i guess...

I think i might have dried it too fast, friend says smells like "Farm Fresh" as he described it. It still has moisture though and no real flavor which is weird cause the Reggie my friend had flavor just wasn't good lol. He also said there isn't any flavor, so that's two people. I know i flushed for 2 weeks and started the flush with florakleen.

Back
Top Bottom