No more bashing Miracle Grow

Just imagine what the next few years might bring. Was the bud really that much different? Pops always tells me things were a bit different as far as prices availability and quality go. Is that true?
Sensimilla was rare. Mexican "seeds and stems" was the norm. Nickel and dime bags were common and THC probably was <10% on the norm. One positive was Thai Stick, and I'd love to find some seeds. That was Chicago/Illinois in the 60's and 70's.

It is a trip! I got a old Kodak picture of my uncle , hes pickin seeds out of some bud on a old record sleeve. Couldn't imagine having to do all that. man i wish i could have at least been around back then to hit some thai stick and into the big 3.

Has anybody used the brand "root farm" nutes with cannabis here? From what ive read, its made by the same company as miracle grow. Sounds to me like it might be better idea to take a cheaper route. Meant to drop this question yesterday....then i got high.

Nope that is a new one for me. So many new ones these days. No need to have a cheaper route with MG. It is pretty inexpensive compared to most. While I don't always use the MG soil. I almost always use the nutrient mix for veg and flower. I have found some guano's don't break down right for supplemental feeding if not in tea's.

If anything. They may be trying to walk away from the MG name. It is tided to the Monsanto name now and will forever be bashed.

Yesir!thats definitely a name i dont like to see; especially when it comes down to my medical herbs. No point using something that compromises my health. It would be like pissing in the wind!

It is a trip! I got a old Kodak picture of my uncle , hes pickin seeds out of some bud on a old record sleeve. Couldn't imagine having to do all that. man i wish i could have at least been around back then to hit some thai stick and into the big 3.
I found and saved my album collection from my parents pole barn after about 30 years. Surprisingly still in playable condition other than party accidents if you will. Any way...I found evidence of weed and seed activity in the double LP folds...where we sifted out tons of Columbian Gold and Red seeds with a card or pack of zig zags...seeds would roll down. Probably most that read this will not get it. $40 an oz for the best Limbo ever. Thanks for bringing back the memory.

Has anybody used the brand "root farm" nutes
Has anybody used the brand "root farm" nutes
Hey cris - I have been using Root Farm - just scratching the surface so far - I can't say how good it is as my grows are all over the place - in the ground, in laundry tubs, one in the ground in a greenhouse. I think the soil is pretty good so I have used it sparingly so far. I wanted to get Megacrop but hard to get right now.

Been considering giving it a whack one day. I have the nutes , just never tried on the cannabis. I forget where.....but i read the rootfarm line is similar to sensi by advanced; just alot cheaper. Not too sure how accurate that info was because the sensi stuff works exceptionally well.

Ok kid.
It wasn't that long ago ... ok, maybe it was like FIFTY YEARS ago (when I was young), that everywhere I went there was a shoe box top on every coffee table ... for the express purpose of scraping seeds out and making them roll ... ?

Is there any old farts here that remember doin that?

A 'dime bag' was the circumference of your wrist -- but half of it was seeds and stems.
And, when ya got really hard up ... well, have you ever smoked seeds and stems? LoL .... don't.

Some day I'll tell you all a story about Sea Weed ... and Thai Stick.
That's what old guys are good for right ... stories about the old days?

Ok kid.
It wasn't that long ago ... ok, maybe it was like FIFTY YEARS ago (when I was young), that everywhere I went there was a shoe box top on every coffee table ... for the express purpose of scraping seeds out and making them roll ... ?

A 'dime bag' was the circumference of your wrist -- but half of it was seeds and stems.
And, when ya got really hard up ... well, have you ever smoked seeds and stems? LoL .... don't.

We didnt need a shoebox. We cleaned our weed on the way to schoool. Uphill in the snow. The hill would fix the seed problem. Then we'd stash it in someones gun case hanging on a gunrack in someones pickup truck, till school let out.

Then in the 90s the mexicans flooded the market with commplete trash. They would mwke pound bricks and smash it, seeds and all. Im sure you kids remember that shwag.

Ok kid.

I shared an old fart tale a few posts above about scraping and rolling seeds away from the weed...very fine Columbian for years. Maybe a good thread “ old fart stories”.

We didnt need a shoebox. We cleaned our weed on the way to schoool. Uphill in the snow. The hill would fix the seed problem. Then we'd stash it in someones gun case hanging on a gunrack in someones pickup truck, till school let out.

Then in the 90s the mexicans flooded the market with commplete trash. They would mwke pound bricks and smash it, seeds and all. Im sure you kids remember that shwag.
Well I do remember student trucks in the school parking lots with gun racks in the back window with hunting rifles. No one thought anything about in rural Michigan in the late 70’s. Unfortunately I also remember when the DEA shut down the Columbian weed trade in conjunction with S. american farmers switching from excellent landrace strains to coca leaf. The smashweed crap that followed was unsmokeable. Fortunately it prompted people in the US to start to learn how to grow some high quality weed.

Yeah, the Dword was probably helping the C agency who were smuggling the cocaine into the country. They said killing pablo was gonna end it. But it increased because the Cplace was way better at smuggling with no one trying to stop them.

And yeah that was a joke. We had a tray and some kinda card.

I found and saved my album collection from my parents pole barn after about 30 years. Surprisingly still in playable condition other than party accidents if you will. Any way...I found evidence of weed and seed activity in the double LP folds...where we sifted out tons of Columbian Gold and Red seeds with a card or pack of zig zags...seeds would roll down. Probably most that read this will not get it. $40 an oz for the best Limbo ever. Thanks for bringing back the memory.
Ah memories of clearing the seeds from dome bags with the zigzag pack. I was in high school, getting stoned with friends after school back in the early 80s. Someone knocked the bong over and water spilled all over Led Zeppelin’s “In Through The Outdoor” album. It was white with black drawing all over it (when you pulled it out of the brown paper cover). Turns out it was a paint with water type paper that was never mentioned when the album was released. The bong water created all kinds of beautiful colors on the album.....minds blown. Fun times!

Back
Top Bottom