No more cigs for me! I Quit.....

Torco

I have gotten to that point where I cant stand it anymore, my home stinks the walls in my home are yellow, my close stink, my car smells like an ash tray. It has gotten to when I light a cig it makes me want to puke.

Re: No more cigs for me!!!!! I Quit.....

Damn, your quitting?? Good luck with that man, I assume it won't be real easy after that long, heh

i feel the same way now when i quit drinking, i did not like it anymore i did not wanna do it anymore so i stopped.

I stopped once when i went back to oklahoma to see my mom and my grandparents, i was there for a month and there was no way i was going to smoke around my mom and my grandpa and grandma.

Torco has quit! Has anybody out there got a good story about when you quit cigs? I've never smoked (except for weed of course). So, I've never had to battle the addiction to nicotine. But I've had many friends who have thought that battle. Some more successfully than others.

My favorite story involves a lawyer friend of mine. He'd been a smoker for 20 years; and he loved his cigarettes! Then, he and his wife had kids. Twins. Charlotte said that Ken couldn't smoke around her babies. So, he went out on the porch. This is Atlanta after all. You can go out on the porch anytime; even February. -- -- But not in March.

It was 1993. On March 13, we experienced the largest snowfall recorded in Atlanta in more than 60 years. 13 inches! We had an honest to God fuckin'
blizzard -- the wind was blowing 50 miles an hour!

Ken and Charlotte lived down the block. Sometime before lunch, as the wind was howling outside, I heard a pounding at my front door! It was Ken!
"Big Dog, let me in! I got to smoke a cigarette! Charlotte won't let me
smoke in the house with the babies! I went out on the porch. But the fucking wind blew my lighter out! Please let me in!"

"I'm not going to let you in so that you can kill yourself with those cancer sticks!"

"Let me in! I'll only stay a minute!"

I took pity and let him in. I didn't even have an ashtray, so I gave him a plate. He sucked three cigarettes in 10 minutes! He was grateful!

About that time the power went off and the whole neighborhood. Along with the power went my heat. Ken invited me up to their place where they had a fireplace. I packed a bag and we hiked back the other way through the drifting blowing snow.

We wound up stranded at Ken and Charlotte's home for three days. We couldn't go outside; so Ken couldn't smoke. Rather then allow him to bounce off the wall, we kept Ken drunk the whole time. When we finally got out of there, Ken had one hell of a hangover! But, he didn't want a cigarette; and he hasn't smoked since!

Hello Torco,

My name is Cherokee, I deicded to quit :hmmmm: five months ago and am doing quite well if I say so myself. I have smoked since I was 6 years old when I started. I am down to two cigarettes a day and I refuse to smoke in my house any more. :adore: Which is also a good habit if you have decided to quit.

I wish you luck :Rasta: it's not easy, instead I smoke :bong: my MMJ. I have MS and in pain 24 hours a day so it helps. :bongrip:

cherokee

Congrats Torco, I've been at the point where you are and I understand how sickening it is. The urge to light one and then the total feeling of disgust once it's lit. But I'm pullin' for ya.

I know it's totally off topic but, Big dog, you have amazing grammar. Just thought I should point that out.

Congrats!

:D

I have gotten to that point where I cant stand it anymore, my home stinks the walls in my home are yellow, my close stink, my car smells like an ash tray. It has gotten to when I light a cig it makes me want to puke.

Congratulations!! I think you should definitely get more exercise. I have never smoked cigarettes but people I know found that when they get a good cardiovascular workout it makes them not want to smoke.

Congrats Torco, I've been at the point where you are and I understand how sickening it is. The urge to light one and then the total feeling of disgust once it's lit. But I'm pullin' for ya.

I know it's totally off topic but, Big dog, you have amazing grammar. Just thought I should point that out.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm a lawyer, so I guess it kind of goes with the territory. I've just learned over the years.

BRILLIANT!

:peace: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Congratulations!! I think you should definitely get more exercise. I have never smoked cigarettes but people I know found that when they get a good cardiovascular workout it makes them not want to smoke.

I would fully have to agree here. I started when I was around 16. When I would play sports with my friends though, just after 1-2 years I could feel the effects of these nasty cigarettes were having on me. So one day I decided I had my whole life ahead of me and quit cold turkey. Everyday time I go to workout, Im so glad that I quit and made a good choice.

Well I started smoking a pack a day at 14 and quit at 18. I got the flu so bad that I didn't even want to see a smoke for three days. After that I said to myself it's all about willpower. It was hard, but I'm glad I gave it up. Only thing is now I go through spurts of smoking packs of filtered cigars. So far this time around I've been on them about 6 months. It's not the smokes, it's the habit.

You have more willpower than me Torco.
Good luck, I will try to follow suit in the not so near future but I do want to quit.

CONGRATULATIONS TORCO AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS QUIT THIS NASTY, SMELLY, DISGUSTING, MONEY WASTING HABIT

I gave up smoking cig's after I found out I was with child, I went cold turkey, pulling my hair out and snapping at every opportunity and went on until getting a job in a club/bar after the birth of my third child.
Unfortunately I only stopped smoking cig's for 7 years before I started again, I gave it up again for a year until after the birth of my fourth child and started smoking cig's again because I was working in the club!
I'm not ready to give up smoking again just yet,although I do tend to only smoke about ten a day, which is a vast improvement on the thirty a day habit I had when I was working at the club,I do have days where the cig's taste wierd, like shit when I tend to only have a couple. But I only gave up my green whilst I was pregnant... I did only allow smoking in the back kitchen at one point, then once I'd stopped I made others stand outside,but now the kids are older I smoke in the kitchen (in the living room once they have retired to bed!!!), never in the bed room as its just too dangerous!
If I smoke in the car, the window has to be down and the blowers on to get the smoke out!

There will come a day in the not too distant future when I decide to give it up once and for all but until that day comes I shall have a cig at my convenience, even if I have to stand on a doorstep to have one! I will not be bullied into stopping smoking by my kids or anyone else for that matter, because the more I'm nagged to stop, the more I'll dig my heals in and be less likely to stop!
BUT GOOD ON YOU FOR QUITTING!!!

Best of Luck Torco...it took me a few times, but I was finally able to kick the pack a day habit I had for about 10 years...I'm over 3 years quit now, and SO glad I did.

I used the patch, and had the highest dosage in the beginning...Yeah, I know the instructions say not to smoke when you're wearing it, but it was day 3 - and I was JONESING!!! So, I lit up my trusty Marlboro Light, and after half of the cig....I was so sick to my stomach I had to go lay down.

The nicotine from the patch and cig combined to whip my ass. So, not wanting to EVER feel that way again, I only had to have will power in the morning to put on that patch. After that, I was golden. No way I wanted to feel that again, LOL

Again, good luck Torco!

congratulations!!! i quit since last july.... join the club!! that's great news! :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom