No more ghosting the logs, Hello

SweetLeef

Hello, :Namaste:

I have been ghosting this and a couple other forums every night for the past two months and this is far and away the best forum I have seen. Everyone is so helpful and respectful I am happy I have joined up.

I am going to start a grow at the end of this month. As soon as payday comes I will have everything I need ordered up. More on that later.

I have always been a consumer and never had a whole lot of interest in growing. Over the past few years my sister has developed some strange neuro-muscular disorder. She doesn't have much pain, but her hands don't work anymore, she cant really lift her arms very well, and a laundry list of other problems coupled with being a single mom blah blah blah. Point is, she needs some medicine, and I cant see any other way of getting it to her. Doctor after doctor, needle after needle and they have no clue what's going on. So in the last few months I have been reading and watching everything I can find on the subject, Then two months ago I decided I would start growing.

I borrowed a book from a buddy of mine, and started reading. The book was very informative most of the time, but there were some questions the book couldn't answer. So I went to the Googler Machine and found my way, fortunately very quickly, to this amazing wealth of information. I started reading a couple journals fell in love with a few ideas. I really want to do a "CapN style" grow, but it would take me longer to raise the funds to start off with hydro than soil, so my first grow will be in soil.

Another buddy of mine who has a very nice operation and quite a few beautiful babies blowin' in the breeze, has pretty great results with a very simple setup. I'm basically going to do exactly what he does, except at my house. I'm getting the tent fan carbon filter venting the light thing going. My friend is going to donate a 1000W HPS, which hopefully isn't TOO overkill. I don't know if it's a good idea for a beginner to start with auto's, but I ordered a few seeds just now from one of the lovely sponsors of this forum. I got auto Narcotic Kush, auto Crystal @$!%, auto Kush Van Stitch, and whatever the two free seeds that come with the order are. I will also be getting a couple of Cookies clones and maybe a Cheese or Trainwreck. I want to grow the auto's while the regular plants veg and then harvest the autos before going into flower with the Cookies and what not. Planted in TGA Supersoil. He says Supersoil and water are all he uses start to finish. I'd be a lot more skeptical, except I've seen his grows and they are no joke. What the hay?

As you can tell from the time stamp I am a night owl. In fact, I don't really sleep all that much. Lately, I have been up hella late ghosting the logs as I like to call it, trying to glean as much information as possible. I am about a week and a half away from truly beginning this journey. I fell very confident that I will be successful in this venture. Between this forum and the growers I know outside of the interwebs, I know I'll have all the support a litter farmer could ever need.

This is SweetLeef, excited to be here and learn and share knowledge, excited to help my sister and others who need the benefits of this wonderful plant by growing the shit outta some good ass weed! Thank you for reading this I hope I didn't ramble too much.

SweetLeef:bong:

Re: No more ghosting the logs, Hello.

I am most excited to start my journal and learn so much! Sub'd your first grow journal and will be working my way through it. Thank you Cannafan, and may your nugs always be frosty and toasty.

Hey SweetLeef, Welcome to 420 and soon the wonderful world of journaling. I hope you get just as much help and assistance and good vibes as I have from this great community. Ill be here if you ever need any help, as will so many other great folks. Sounds like you laid the groundwork with plenty of research so you should do just fine! Best of green mean growing machines to you soon!

Hey Sweetleef,

Thanks for popping in with that beautiful, heartwarming introduction of yours. I'm a newbie grower (on 4th now) and I know how excited you are! Great to meet you!

:peace::Namaste:

Hello, Light Addict. Greetings LadyJane,

It's great to finally meet you both. I've done some ghosting in your respective areas. Thank you for the warm welcome, should be a fun ride.

SweetLeaf

Hi SweetLeef.

Just wanted to add my voice of the members welcoming you to 420 Magazine. Your correct in thinking you have found something pretty special in the respect and helpfulness the members show each other in the forums!

I'm curious to hear if your sister has received any relief from her ailments by using cannabis?

I look forward to following along in your journal and again welcome you to :420:!

Hey TanR,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

We haven't been able to get her enough to really find out. She lives out in B.F.E. in a very small town that isn't exactly progressive, and it's about an hour and a half from where I am. Nothing at all has really been tried because they don't really know what it is. It doesn't fit into the profile for anything they already know about. So they just want to keep sticking her with needles and take biopsies and run test. None of which can she afford being a single mother living on disability and child support. I have always been a guy ho just smokes a lot of pot because I really really like it. I had never thought of it as medicine until I started reading articles and watching documentaries about MMJ and what it's done for people with cancer and epilepsy. So we're gonna give it a whirl. At least we're gonna try something

SweetLeef,

I wish you all the success in helping her find some relief from her symptoms. I'm convinced that as the medical community formally investigates MMJ there will be some astounding discoveries.

Be well and happy growing!

howdy sweetleef i agree about the forum i actually like you lurked quite a few hours here and there.i also decided here was my best bet
take care and good luck

howdy sweetleef i agree about the forum i actually like you lurked quite a few hours here and there.i also decided here was my best bet
take care and good luck

Hello yuyo,

I've been lurking in a few forums, and this is easily the most mature, supportive, and informative forum, possibly in the expanse of the interwebs. Have you grown before, currently growing, planning a grow? Just curious. I wish you luck as well with all of your endeavors.

SweetLeef

SweetLeef,

I wish you all the success in helping her find some relief from her symptoms. I'm convinced that as the medical community formally investigates MMJ there will be some astounding discoveries.

Be well and happy growing!

Hey TanR,

I too am convinced that the more our wicked smart scientists study our beautiful plant, we're going to find it does amazing thing. It's an exciting time for sure.

SweetLeef

Back
Top Bottom