No nutrients? Bad soil?

Cadence36

I have a few outdoors and they are about 5'. about six of them started developing this problem, at lest i think its a problem, havent seen any pics exactly like it. they get lots of water, its not mold. No nutrients. Only on new growth, no spreding over older leaves. new leaves feel jagged and sharp with black edges/spots. the growing leaves seem really black....i hope its not fatal, any help would be appreciated

IMG_20140817_165004.jpg

Hmm... perplexing pigmentation pattern. Looks likes its turning purple in random splotches.

All you can do is ride it out and hope its a phenotypic characteristic. Sometimes plants do some weird things. As long as the leaf tissue grows as normal it should be fine.

On the flip side, it could be a pathological virus/disease, but I don't know because I've never dealt with it.

So just monitor it and grow it like you normally would for now.

I wish i knew for sure. I have heard some people talk about phosphorous deficiency.It may be that. The discolourations are more black than purple. I had only one plant do this before and the buds were weak and when dried, they were very brittle.

Low temps at night?

when i first noticed it late last year, i didnt think it was any big deal, so i let it bud and got crap. The common factor here would be the soil. close plot outside to last years. Not really cold at night here now, probably lowest is 14 degrees celcius. Temps were as high as 32 degrees celsius this summer with high humidity. Ive given them no special nutes this year or last. Kinda like free range lol. Im stumped

Mold doesn't look like that, it looks like cold bleaching, but if temps were in norm, that must be something air/rain related. It might be humidity.

It does not look like mold at all to me. Looks like just a pigment alteration, looks purple. It's possible the plant did not organize and "package" where to store what might be the anthocyanin pigments

Another possibility (perhaps).... acid rain causing oxidation/pigment alteration

Again nothing to worry or debate about if the actual leaf tissue itself is growing fine and normal. Mother Nature can be a strange one. :surf:

Back
Top Bottom