No! Please! What is going on with my baby?

whatintheworld

420 Member
day 13 from 12/12 transition

what is this browning action taking place between the leave's veins on the semi-young to middle of the plant?
i've invested hours researching & still i'm having a tough time diagnosing her based off the diagrams & descriptions!

indoor growing in 50/50 coco/perlite under LED

drain to waste watering in 5g pot,
4 ml floramicro
1 ml floragro
5ml florabloom
5ml calmag

do i need to remove the standing water that's sitting just under my elevated pot?

Attachments

• IMG_20190820_060404_DRO.jpg
    IMG_20190820_060404_DRO.jpg
    657.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20190820_060414_DRO.jpg
    IMG_20190820_060414_DRO.jpg
    700.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20190820_060421_DRO.jpg
    IMG_20190820_060421_DRO.jpg
    662.5 KB · Views: 84
Also, it’d be a lot better if we had pictures without the blurple if possible.

@AdaminCO
ph = 6.0
ppm = 580

@Greenlizard ok

ok will retake pics
Since you’re in coco, I you should be PHn as if it were hydro. You might drop it down a bit. I grow in organics so it’s a completely different ballgame for me. Maybe someone in the coco realm can back that up.

EAEFEB6F-7442-40FF-AC34-DCE0EFF8F981.png

Might be locking out calcium and the magnesium at 6.0.

Correction, Manganese.
For soil, 6.5 is the standard, but I always drop it to 6.2 so I catch the drift from 6.2-7.x so I can catch more Manganese and Iron. I think you’re deficient there and with a couple more.
581F96F3-C0D1-44B4-9BE2-C4705178F55D.jpeg

Also don't expect to watch these leaves revert back to their normal color and vigour. leaves don't heal. The new growth will take over and that's what you want to watch when making adjustments.

Also don't expect to watch these leaves revert back to their normal color and vigour. leaves don't heal. The new growth will take over and that's what you want to watch when making adjustments.
Don’t cut them off either. The plant will use them for the deficiency. Just let nature take its course.
They can’t always be High Times center page. Lol! I accidentally nuked this one she’s back on her feet though
6C057A92-FCAB-4CF9-B808-D5EAB98D715E.jpeg

i strongly appreciate everybody's input here! priceless!

after calibrating my PH peter (instead of relying on the vague color eyeballing using the ph formula) i determined i was feeding ph water 5.4!

according to the PH graph, i was locking out P & Mg. probably other nutes too considering their interdependence.

that explains the Mn leaf symptoms.

thnx guys. it's apparent now how i was being lazy about phing the water. it didn't really take that long to calibrate the ph meter either.

lol

i strongly appreciate everybody's input here! priceless!

after calibrating my PH peter (instead of relying on the vague color eyeballing using the ph formula) i determined i was feeding ph water 5.4!

according to the PH graph, i was locking out P & Mg. probably other nutes too considering their interdependence.

that explains the Mn leaf symptoms.

thnx guys. it's apparent now how i was being lazy about phing the water. it didn't really take that long to calibrate the ph meter either.

lol
Good find!
I started out with the liquid testers. Never again.

Yeah I tossed my liquid tester aside too, mind you I just got my ph pen after being in coco for a few months already, I've been under 5 and luckily only suffered slow growth, I'm above 5 now and waiting to see how they respond.

Back
Top Bottom