no room

juicyj

i have a lil bush that i took clones off like six times. its in a 2 gallon pot, and its gettin a lil too big. i don't wanna go to a bigger pot, and i heard that you can cut the roots? how do you know how much to cut off? i could really use some ideas, thanx

I maintain mothers using bonsai techniques that do indeed include cutting a plants roots every so often.

My suggestion to you is to buy a book for INDOOR Bonsai. (not outdoor, because trees grow WAY too slow). Then take the times they give you (i.e. cut the roots every 2 years for indoor bonsai) and think of it in terms of an annual (MJ typicall would sprout, grow, flower, and die in one year, so it grows damn fast!). I think 2x a year would work for MJ, IF, and ONLY IF, you keep the green severely trimmed back until you are ready to clone. Then, perfectly control what sprouts will be clones. The rest of the green must be kept to a minimum. This keeps the plant from having enough energy to make a lot of roots, or enough leaf to need to feed with lots of roots and bigger leaves.

When you are ready to clone, bump up the fertilizer to veging ferts max for the size and give are regular strength until about the last 25% of the time it takes to grow your clones. Start lowering ferts for the last 25% so your mother doesn't get a munch of nitrogen to start busing out tonnes of leaves.

That is the only way I am able to restrict the growth of the mother bonsai's I have growing to date. LOL it's trim, trim, and trim somre more! LOL, that's ok tho, she's a working mother, she's not here to be pretty, just prolific!

Damn fine read Green, the thought of bozi'ing an MJ had crossed my mind...thanks for the info

i have been cuttin n pruning it for over a year, i just think it needs some new dirt??? i don't like to use nutes unless i have to..

Back
Top Bottom