No Sex Yet?

budculture

Hey All, I've got sort of a strange question. I'm on the 18th day of 12/12 and while my two biggest plants are flowering well, the smallest plant in my SCROG setup, which is still about 20" tall, has shown no signs of sex at all. There are some signs of preflower, but it doesn't seem to be making flowers, male or female. It's still growing and putting out shoots, but no conformation of girl status. This is a bagseed grow so the strain is unknown.
I had intended to leave it even if it just makes one cola, since I didn't want to waste the effort put in so far, but it seems very far behind the others. It appears to be a different strain than the others looking at the leaf shape.
Should I just cut it ? I don't know if I should wait to see if it flowers. Has anybody experienced this? I've never had a plant not flower at all, so this is new to me. I don't mind losing it if It's going to go male on me and screw my crop. Just wondering about the no flowering thing. Anybody?

Peace :ganjamon:

Re: No Sex Yet??

As Boss said, this may be a strong Sativa that is taking longer to flower.

The good news is the pictures say more female then male to me. I can somewhat identify white hairs in the first photo, but there are certainly no male pollen sacks from what I can tell. :peace:

Re: No Sex Yet??

Cool. I'll just let her(it?) go and see what we get. Since I'm doing a screen I could just leave her in there 'til she's done and harvest the others when needed. She's on the same rez as the rest, so she'll be getting bloom nutes now. I don't suppose that will be a problem?
Also , sorry to confuse with the photos. You can't see the one I'm talking about as she's just barely getting to the screen (which I set too high, I know...) and in the back. I will continue to watch it closely and we'll see what develops. I put those photos in for Boss since I'm doing an experimental cfl grow and I thought he might want to see my progress. I'll be trying to go all soft white just to see how the internode spacing does in the screen. I can see how it would be really advantageous to keep it short and maximize bud.
Funny too , I have no idea of the strain, but when this was plant a bit smaller, it had much broader leaves that the others. Are broad leaves typically Indica? This stuff was described as KY outdoor, and my guess is is some sort of zone 5-6 outdoor hybrid, so it will be interesting to see if I get a jewel out of a bag of near-dirtweed. I shouldn't say that. I know just growing it as sinsemilla will make for a much more potent crop, even KY outdoor! Rambling... must re-up.
Thanks again for all the help folks.
Peace:ganjamon:

"What luck for leaders, that men do not think."
A. Hitler

Back
Top Bottom