No Signs of sex

Vinegar is alright to use once in a while but it's not the best for long term. Vinegar breaks down pretty fast and unevenly, so you will be adjusting a lot and your testing may be inconsistent.
Battery acid works too but is really made for batteries, it is Hydro Chloric Acid which breaks down into Chlorine compounds and Hydrogen ions. The strength is inconsistent, and usually at a very strong concentration, but it breaks down at an even rate. If you don't have anything else--fine. But you can make your life a lot easier by getting the real PH down from a local nursery or hydroponics store. It is made for a purpose and should be used for that purpose. The real PH down has buffers to stabalize the PH and adds a little phosphorus to the nutrient.

Racefan said:
Vinegar is alright to use once in a while but it's not the best for long term. Vinegar breaks down pretty fast and unevenly, so you will be adjusting a lot and your testing may be inconsistent.
Battery acid works too but is really made for batteries, it is Hydro Chloric Acid which breaks down into Chlorine compounds and Hydrogen ions. The strength is inconsistent, and usually at a very strong concentration, but it breaks down at an even rate. If you don't have anything else--fine. But you can make your life a lot easier by getting the real PH down from a local nursery or hydroponics store. It is made for a purpose and should be used for that purpose. The real PH down has buffers to stabalize the PH and adds a little phosphorus to the nutrient.

If you mix a batch just before watering and there is no breakdown. It's organic too.

The PH up/down is cheaper at the pet store I think. Have to check that out.

Good point about the buffering.

well i have some good news and some bad news. i think everybodys advice on what my problem was happened to be very useful. a few days since transplant, i discovered that the problem was probably a combnation of a light leak and root bound. after i transplanted on thursday (which happened to be my birthday, i also double check the light leak thing and fixed any problems. today i went to water them and as always, checked for any signs of sex whatsoever. so i noticed, plant #3 had what looked like a bud forming on the top, i had actuallly seen that the other day but figured it was more leaves growing. i took a better look and sure enough they were balls, on the top and on the stem where the branches meet. so then i looked at plant #1 and didnt see anything after a glance, so i moved on to plant #2. there are several sets of pistols!!!! i saw maybe 4 or 5 sets!!! im so excited about that so i went down and told my boyfriend. he came up and i showed him the male and he doesnt believe me. then i bought out the female #2 n showed him. i told him i have to kill the male. he doesnt want me to but he just doesnt understand. ive tried explainin to him what males do, but i removed the boy from the grow area and decided to check #1 one more time and i thought i saw something, wasnt sure so i examined more and yet again, pistols!!! she only has 2 right now, but theyre there clear as day!!! so after all my problems, i dont think i did so bad, 2 females and one male!! i guesS i didnt have any faith in myself bc to be honest i wasnt expecting any females. just wanted to share my wonderful, and not so wonderful news!!!!

congratulations on your girls! get rid of that damn male..... if your BF doesnt wanna kill it intentionally, then you maybe able to 'accidentally' throw it in the garbage disposal... lol

happy birthday too!

oh yea, btw.... if you're planning on taking clones, you should do it now while its still in early flowering stages...

heres the cloning forum

thanks!!!! i explained to him one more time and it took a lil convincing before he was able to part with it. the thing with him is he LOVES weed, he knos how to smoke it but when it comes to growing he dont kno shit lol. he calls them his plants but i concider them to be mine since im the one who germinated them and took care of them this whole time. i didnt think of cloning this time around, but maybe next time. im really not expecting that much bud from these two considering all they have been thru, but this was more of an experimental thing going on. but once i have this grow under my belt i have some skunk seeds. i only have a few of them, and i dont want to mess those ones up. and bc a chance to get my hands on them again(for free) will never come, i will most likely take clones then. thanks for all your help guys and ill keep you updated!!

i also forgot to mention that on thursday when i get paid im getting another light, and im getting screws and yarn, and im gunna try lst. my grow area is pretty small, in my room in the corner, and the roof slants bc its upstairs, so i dont have the room to let these girls get tall. but i figure i may get more than expected with lst aswell. so let me kno what you all think.

go for it... you'll be able to shed more light on your lower bud sites... what kind of new light are you getting?

oh yeah, by the way, i wanna see pictures ;)

im using cfls bc that is all that i can afford, i want to get an hps but i dont have the room for it. i kno its not the best but my space is small so i think it will be fine. i only have a few and a couple tube floros, plus reflection. and it is so bright back there. im sure its enough? anyway i think they look great, none of the new leaves have the spots from before, and i cant wait till they are ready!!

o yeah i got a timer too, but i cant figure out how to work it, if anyone knos how to do this can u help me?

o yeah endo, tomorrow when i get home from work the lights will be on, and ill try to take some good pics.

4iLLEsT2bTCH0 said:
o yeah i got a timer too, but i cant figure out how to work it, if anyone knos how to do this can u help me?

o yeah endo, tomorrow when i get home from work the lights will be on, and ill try to take some good pics.

awesome, cant wait... and as far as the timer, you gotta be more specific as to what kind of timer you have... is it the kind with the little red and green tabs?

its a Time-all intermatic timer. it does have 2 red and 2 green tabs on it. it was the second most expensive one there. i thought it would work great but it sucks. plus its useless to me anyway bc i have more than just one light in there and it only turns off one, unless im doin somethin wrong here. its not one that plugs into the outlet itself, it has a cord that plugs into the wall and it sits on a table. the plug has an outlet on the back of it to plug something in. so if it really only turns on one light, then im still gunna have to get up in the morning to turn the other ones on, and im gunna have to stay up at night to turn them off. it sucks bc i really need one that will turn off all the lights, im starting my second job soon and there wont be anyone here to turn on the lights, i cant count on my boyfriend to be up to do it. as far as the pics, sorry but the onnly camera i have is on my phone and i cant get any good ones, my bf is getting a digi for xmas and ill take pics wit that.

actually, after i followed everyones advice, my plants finally showed. i had three, 2 are femmes and 1 was a male. im also not sure i understand what youre saying. are you tryin to say that if you clone it assures u get a female??? i dont think that is right ive never heard that before. are you sure?

If your take a clipping from a a plant its genetic structure is identical to the plant it was cut from. So if you take clones (clippings) from a female plant they will be female. If you take clones from a male it will become a male plant.

cool... why don't you put plug the lights into an extension cord or a power strip... then plug that into the timer, so that way it shuts off everything connected to the extension?

wow i didnt think of that i must be stupid lol!!!! i dont have any extra power strips, so thats somethin else that i have to buy lol. yeah i never mentioned that i tied my plants down yesterday, following the lst guide that nodirtweed4me posted not to long ago. i only did two ties on each plant, the counter tie and the main stem tie. anyway, im gunna check on my ladies and make sure that they dont need water, then im gunna go eat dinner. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

so i made another dumb move. i went to my moms house for xmas and my stepdad has a ton of power strips. so instead of going out and buying one i asked him if he had any he wasnt using. he hooked it up wit one, but there is a problem. the outlet for the timer has two prong holes in it. the power strip has 3, (the ground wire prong). they are actually kind of useless. i used to work at chuck e cheeses, as the assistant tech, so i kno alot about wiring and all that. so does anyone kno how to take that 3rd prong off? im thinking i can get a cord from something i dont use anymore and splice wires to connect it to the powerstrip, but my boyfriend shot that down, bc its unsafe, which is true. i just cant think of any other way to do this, if i cant get any help than i dont kno what else to do. my bf is a lazy prick and doesnt want any part of the grow, as far as buying shit or helpin me out. the only thing he wants to do is smoke it when theyre done. i do my light cycle so that the lights go on at 12 pm and off at 12 am. well i was still at my moms at 12 today so i called him and asked him to turn on the lights and he never did. so my plants are getting 1 hour less light than normal. is that ok?

you can buy a converter from 3 prong to 2 prong... it's like a dollar at home depot... no need to rewire and splice things.... im using that same converter right now cuz my timer has a dual prong socket too..

an hour less of light isnt that bad once or twice, but just make sure for the future that you keep your light cycle consistent

ok so i kno that i promised pics but my boyfriend is WAY paranoid and doesnt want me to post pics of myself or the plants... i tried telling him that this site is safe for that kinda thing but he is retarded. so anyway, im just lettin you all kno that i may not be able to finish my grow. im having some problems wit my bf and may be moving out soon, and wont be able to take my plants as i dont have anywhere to put them. so if i leave i have no choice but to leave my babies here and let him try to figure out how to take care of them. besides that tho theyre doing great theres alotta pistol growth going on and i have to retie them every couple days as theyre getting HUGE!!! hopefully ill still be around to finish this out and try out my OWN weed lol.

you guys live together? and you gotta move? or you both gotta move?

anyway, good luck ... that sucks that you gotta cut the grow off.. hope you finish the grow before you gotta move

Back
Top Bottom