no trichomes

splendidman

I am growin 2 thc bomb plants,they are 5 weeks flowering under 400w hps light,temperatures are around 23-26 degrees celsius(73-78 fahrenheit)humidity is under 45% all the time,the buds seem ok but there are no trichonomes,are they gonna appear at the end of flowering,or is there i way i can change something.

IMG_20141026_162134.jpg
IMG_20141026_162104.jpg
IMG_20141026_113251.jpg
IMG_20141026_113237.jpg
IMG_20141025_153954.jpg

Re: no trichonomes

The pistils (white hairs) grow out of little pod like structures called calyxes. The white hairs will change color to red or brown and will then begin to recede into the calyxes. When this occurs, the calyxes will swell and become covered with trichomes. The trichomes are very small and hard to discern with the naked eye but you will tell they are there by the appearance of a white frosty appearance on the leaves close to the flowers. I think I can seem a bit already in the top picture you posted.

Here is a closeup of a flower that shows what I am talking about a bit better.

Frosty-Top-004.jpg

This was taken at around 8 weeks flower.

Re: no trichonomes

The pistils (white hairs) grow out of little pod like structures called calyxes. The white hairs will change color to red or brown and will then begin to recede into the calyxes. When this occurs, the calyxes will swell and become covered with trichomes. The trichomes are very small and hard to discern with the naked eye but you will tell they are there by the appearance of a white frosty appearance on the leaves close to the flowers. I think I can seem a bit already in the top picture you posted.

Here is a closeup of a flower that shows what I am talking about a bit better.

Frosty-Top-004.jpg

This was taken at around 8 weeks flower.

thanks you for your respond :)

Different varieties produce trichs at different times in flowering and in different quantities. If u start bombarding an average hybrid with UV rays, it will start producing them even in first week of flowering, and I'm talking outdoor here. I guess you just got a sativa pheno, which will probably start producing resin a bit later in flowering, but it's gonna happen eventually. Aaaa, resin production rarely has anything to do with potency, this is just another myth.

Your plant looks ok, seems its just into phase 2 of flower, pushing pistils out and gaining size among buds. Most my girls have shown early trich formation around the sugar leaves in bud. My gurl atm is packing trichs and is not too far from harvest, most her growth has happened over past 3-4 weeks.. Still got a couple left... Smokemup
CAM008511.jpg

Your plant looks ok, seems its just into phase 2 of flower, pushing pistils out and gaining size among buds. Most my girls have shown early trich formation around the sugar leaves in bud. My gurl atm is packing trichs and is not too far from harvest, most her growth has happened over past 3-4 weeks.. Still got a couple left... Smokemup
CAM008511.jpg

nice plants,mine are doing ok now they have trichonomes and good buds im 1 week from harvest :)

nice plants,mine are doing ok now they have trichonomes and good buds im 1 week from harvest :)
Much appreciated that you came back with an update on this one cuz I'm fretting the same thing with two of my girls out of 8

Back
Top Bottom