No Veg: Experimental Fun Grow

Week 12 Update

The girls got fed this week with @GeoFlora Nutrients. They are really showing fall colors so harvest is right around the corner. Buds are swelling up nicely. I am seeing some amber trichomes on SOG already.

BOAX (Flower 49 Days)
IMG_0103.jpg
IMG_0104.jpg

SOG (Flower 29 Days)
IMG_0102.jpg
IMG_0105.jpg

Week 13 Update

Well, it is starting again. For my last 2 grow sessions I ran into very similar situations. I am seeing what appears to me as nutrient lockout. This has always started in the last 1/3 of the flowering cycle. I have my suspicions. I don't think it is the @GeoFlora Nutrients . I have these plants growing in recycled pro-mix media in pots (3gal) that are probably too small. I think the ph buffering has run out. I have never adjusted my water throughout the life of the plants. I should get a ph meter and maybe a soil ph meter to verify ph is rising. Based on the published city water report the ph range is 7.6-8.0 with a moderate amount of alkalinity of 102-112ppm. I never had issues upto this this point. Anyway. I think I will try RO/DI water. I have a reefkeeper 5 stage ro/di filter. It is probably too late to turn this around now.

On a positive note. The SOG buds are still growing, getting fat and smell amazing. BOAX has slowed down a bit. I am just waiting for the trichomes to mature.

BOAX
IMG_0117.jpg
IMG_0116.jpg

SOG
IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

Week 13 Update

I have seen positive results with using rodi water. Last week I flushed my plants with rodi. I am seeing a slow down of the leaves drying up. SOG is still fattening up. The smell is amazing. Ripe mango. I think I am about a week away from harvest.

SOG
IMG_0120.jpg
IMG_0121.jpg
IMG_0122.jpg
IMG_0123.jpg

BOAX Harvest

BOAX stopped taking water late last week. Trichomes look good. I chopped her after 36hrs of darkness.

I did not expect a huge harvest. I am thinking 1-1.5 oz when dried and cured. Buds smell very earthy and piney.

I did not expect that the buds to be so dark. They almost seem oxidized. Dark on the outside and and light green closer to the stem.

IMG_0124.jpg
IMG_0126.jpg

BOAX harvest update. I put 46g (1.6oz) dried buds in jars for curing after final trimming. I still have not tested the bud yet. But will do soon....

I harvested my SOG this afternoon. I have very high hopes for this one. The buds are like golf balls in size and texture. I am thinking I may get close to 2 oz on this one. Just because of the density of the buds.

It looks to me maybe some foxtailing is starting. That is why I wanted to shut this grow down.

IMG_0135.jpg
IMG_0134.jpg
IMG_0133.jpg
IMG_0132.jpg
IMG_0131.jpg
IMG_0130.jpg

Back
Top Bottom