Nobody's COB Perpetual: Various Strains & Some Edible Fun At Times In A Tiny Tent

How hot does that Chibi cob run?
Have not measured it yet, as it's been outside the tent, however, I can dry a blunt on the power supply when it's chilly pretty well and pretty quick, but it's localized to the unit, maybe 4" around it. Needs to be at least 8-10 off plants.

Cali Connection Green Crack (Pf) - Day 56+62 - link to start.
HSO Raspberry Diesel (Pf) - Day 103+30 - link to start.

US Breeder White Widow (Pf, clone1) - Day 75 - link to cut.
HSO 707 Headband (Pf) - in soil (29th) - Day 55
MMG Nagual 1:1 (Pf) - Day 41 - link to start.
US Breeder BlueBerry (a) - Day 41
HSO Raspberry Diesel (Pf)
(clone1) - Day 31
(clone6) - Day 14
HSO Purple Trainwreck (Pf)x2 - Day 27 - link to start

HSO Bubba Cheese (a) & Greenhouse Seed Co. Diamond Girl (Pf) 2019

Lots of photos and info today. I recently ordered a Nugsmasher Mini. It's in route. I bought a rig yesterday, it's local and a recycler, I also bought a Joel Halen round bottom banger, and a tool from Mystic Timber I have ordered a Vector Minitro Torch, it shipped via USPS mail innovations, which here means it will arrive 3q19. I've also put in for a color indicating banger from Whitney Harmon (cheesy I know, but I need all the help I can get).

Today I repotted the PTW into Smart#2. I gave them some 150ppm/6.5/1l split Big Bloom and Seaplex water. I used my super soil and mykos.

I fed the following:

GC
200ppm/6.4/1L - Basically Sweet and Molasses, mammoth p, no ph'ing needed, I gave about 100ml of this to the RD. I am starting to see Amber, so I think we are a week out. Or maybe 24 hours out, who knows. Regardless, its water only going forward. Here is a photo of some of the buds that are not crammed together. Will be so happy to get this out of the tent.

RD
300ppm/6.5/1L - Basically Buddha Bloom, seaplex and mammoth p. This plant is pouting and the leaves around the last supercrop site really pout, however it's buds are pointing the right direction, and the crops have healed. I think it's the 'either too wet, or not wet enough' condition....I waited yesterday until it pouted, watered it, still pouting. It needs a larger pot....no room unless the GC moves it's rear. I hope the GC gets out and it's something as simple as centering it in the tent for better air flow. Yes the plant smells of diesel...lol.

Rest of the Veg crew got 1.25L/300ppm/6.5, mostly 2ml of Botanicare Bloom with seaplex and mammoth p.

Here are the Raspberry Diesel Clones, I have two of them and a plant that will yield....going to be sick of this strain, hence the press to consolidate the goodies.

The 707 @ 55 days is looking healthier, and likes it's new pot better, slow mover, and that is ok for me right now. I want to grab a clone off this one.

The Nagaui from MMG has pretty interesting node spacing. I want to snip a clone or two of this one, it's a fast grower and I could flower 1-4 clones pretty quick after a month or so (assuming I don't have a 100 day RD hogging the tent). It's supposed to be a 1:1, we will see.

Last is the BBa. These were free 'house' seeds, I was not impressed with it last time, it is funny because it aims itself to the 4K cob vs the kind light....see the red photo below after I did not move it for a day. I hope to get a zip off this plant...but I dunno, the genetics were not there the first time.

On the right side below is the WWc I have. I prob will not re-clone this strain.

Big bud problems! Looks solid.

Or a slow growing 707 ;).

Thanks for keeping the canna-economy booming nobody :thumb:.

LOL-and everything I bought is US made, save the torch which I did not check. Being a 'little person' who is 'self employed', I try to buy as local as possible. I do need to find a nice table for the porch to put it on, that is just at the right height, and maybe contains a recessed area a cm or 2 to keep stuff from rolling off. Need to hit the junk stores. I have an old Sears elementary desk that needs a quick sandblast and it would kinda fit the bill.

Having never done a dab, this will be interesting. If all those people my parents age on youtube can do it, I can. Possibly.

If you can handle an electric fence you can handle a dab rig :).
Yes, just like I handled every other nice pipe i've ever owned. I need a padded room full of bounce balls and there are no guarantees.

Nice rigs are kinda like pottery to me. The wife and I collect that. So I have a respect for the amount of time that went into it. Maybe I need a cheap rig?

I just know I am going to get to the end of a hit and grab that bowl man. Can't be worse than stepping in a deep fryer. Don't ask.

Figured I would share this...
Screenshot_20181128-092952_Instagram.jpg

:passitleft:

My ph pen has been acting wonky for about a week. I tried to calibrate it last night, no luck, soaked in kcl solution overnight, no luck this morning, so I am off to exchange it, and probably get a couple delicious tacos on the way.

This might be why my RD is pouting.

Figured I would share this...
Screenshot_20181128-092952_Instagram.jpg

Sweetness man....that is way cool, have you tried yet?

My ph pen has been acting wonky for about a week. I tried to calibrate it last night, no luck, soaked in kcl solution overnight, no luck this morning, so I am off to exchange it, and probably get a couple delicious tacos on the way.

This might be why my RD is pouting.

Sweetness man....that is way cool, have you tried yet?
I haven't... I saw them awhile ago and thought of you, but couldn't find the post again. When it popped up today, I screenshot'd it.

I think it is just one monster leaf that can be cut to size.

LOL-and everything I bought is US made, save the torch which I did not check. Being a 'little person' who is 'self employed', I try to buy as local as possible. I do need to find a nice table for the porch to put it on, that is just at the right height, and maybe contains a recessed area a cm or 2 to keep stuff from rolling off. Need to hit the junk stores. I have an old Sears elementary desk that needs a quick sandblast and it would kinda fit the bill.

Having never done a dab, this will be interesting. If all those people my parents age on youtube can do it, I can. Possibly.

I believe you can Nobody! very nice rig you got there! I have an enail attachment for mine so I dont have to worry about the torch or hitting it to hot, but I used a torch to begin with fosho. You will dial it in so you know how long to heat and how long to wait. It is incredible, when I make rosin I feel like I get to really experience the full flavor of the cannabis. Subtle flavors that I sometimes cannot detect when smoking the flower.

Cali Connection Green Crack (Pf) - Day 56+63 - link to start.
HSO Raspberry Diesel (Pf) - Day 103+31 - link to start.

US Breeder White Widow (Pf, clone1) - Day 76 - link to cut.
HSO 707 Headband (Pf) - in soil (29th) - Day 56
MMG Nagual 1:1 (Pf) - Day 42 - link to start.
US Breeder BlueBerry (a) - Day 42
(clone1) - Day 32
(clone6) - Day 15
HSO Purple Trainwreck (Pf)x2 - Day 28 - link to start

Got a new pen soaking for 24 hrs. Also picked up some smart 3 and 4s. So I used drops to titrate 2L to about 6.5, I gave a liter each to the GC and RD. Later I mixed up 1.5L with 2.5ml of Botanicare Bloom, then I 'ph'ed' it and gave a little to the RD.

Then I loaded my School of Fish pipe, and put on some tunes.

I haven't... I saw them awhile ago and thought of you, but couldn't find the post again. When it popped up today, I screenshot'd it.

I think it is just one monster leaf that can be cut to size.
I have the skill set to handle scissors. Just not while running. I inquired at the head shop today and got blank stares. I need to google up.

I believe you can Nobody! very nice rig you got there! I have an enail attachment for mine so I dont have to worry about the torch or hitting it to hot, but I used a torch to begin with fosho. You will dial it in so you know how long to heat and how long to wait. It is incredible, when I make rosin I feel like I get to really experience the full flavor of the cannabis. Subtle flavors that I sometimes cannot detect when smoking the flower.

I know I will enjoy this, or it will make me realize the holes in my growing. I am a total flavor whore, preferring a good smoke over stoutness or buzz. I think the stuff I grow tastes better than 95% of the stuff I have bought, and it's prettier not being vac sealed 20 times. I have a pax, and I have played around with it trying to find temps that make my bud taste primo...getting stoned on the pax is not really possible.

I bought a banger with the indicator, so I can get a feel for it. I've also watched several youtube videos of young ones getting that bowl glowing to take a 'cool' dab. I am still looking at nails...what brand do you use?

I am also investigating the little bowls that can be inserted into the banger. One can pre-portion a bowl, then just place in banger (like a double boiler), keeps the banger clean longer. Shop had a Halen sleeve/bowl, so I grabbed one.

Press should be here friday. Should have material ready that evening.

Awesome! I love me some terps as well haha. I know what you mean, its like this forbidden fruit I grew this last year...the buzz is pretty mild, but its flavor is one of a kind lol. The enail I use is called the LiT enail I think I paid around 160 bucks for it, but ive had it for over two years now so its held up, i take it everywhere I go that has a wall outlet too haha. also bought the quarts nail for it along with the titanium and I do use both. I have seen those drop in bowls and they do look super cool, but I've never used one. I want to see what you get from pressing also, could compare notes and such. Do you plan to use screens or just press the buds?

Awesome! I love me some terps as well haha. I know what you mean, its like this forbidden fruit I grew this last year...the buzz is pretty mild, but its flavor is one of a kind lol. The enail I use is called the LiT enail I think I paid around 160 bucks for it, but ive had it for over two years now so its held up, i take it everywhere I go that has a wall outlet too haha. also bought the quarts nail for it along with the titanium and I do use both. I have seen those drop in bowls and they do look super cool, but I've never used one. I want to see what you get from pressing also, could compare notes and such. Do you plan to use screens or just press the buds?

I ordered some of their bags on a different order, they will be here after the press. I see there are different bag sizes for different ages of the flower, and a kief bag (have a bit onhand). I would rather not press in bags because of the cost, but I also know that might be a way to have a dirtier end result.

I will try both, and if the utility of the bag is worth it's cost, I have no issues bagging.

I ordered some of their bags on a different order, they will be here after the press. I see there are different bag sizes for different ages of the flower, and a kief bag (have a bit onhand). I would rather not press in bags because of the cost, but I also know that might be a way to have a dirtier end result.

I will try both, and if the utility of the bag is worth it's cost, I have no issues bagging.

Ive done both and ill let you know what I have experienced, for flower I use either a 90 or 120 micron bag, my plates are 3x5 so I use a bag that is 2.5x4.5. I don't ever press material over 200 degrees, I know people that never press under 200 degrees so it all comes down to preference and your desired result. I believe that the finished product loses flavor at higher temps to get a little more yield.

When I am not really concerned about 'Jar appeal" lol...I will press without a screen, you will get a little bit of plant but you can pick around it if you are careful enough. I usually don't press more than 5 grams at a time either, and when I do it without a bag its usually just one nug at time. You could also press it all out without bags, then put all the rosin you collected in the bag and press it again at a lower temp in lets say a 30 something micron bag for an even purer finished product.

Grandpa T presses all his buds in bags for what it's worth. Can't you reuse them if they don't split?

LOL< I am still reading his thread. Yea, some reuse. IDK what reuse success rate is in my hands so not really getting that far ahead.

Ive done both and ill let you know what I have experienced, for flower I use either a 90 or 120 micron bag, my plates are 3x5 so I use a bag that is 2.5x4.5. I don't ever press material over 200 degrees, I know people that never press under 200 degrees so it all comes down to preference and your desired result. I believe that the finished product loses flavor at higher temps to get a little more yield.

When I am not really concerned about 'Jar appeal" lol...I will press without a screen, you will get a little bit of plant but you can pick around it if you are careful enough. I usually don't press more than 5 grams at a time either, and when I do it without a bag its usually just one nug at time. You could also press it all out without bags, then put all the rosin you collected in the bag and press it again at a lower temp in lets say a 30 something micron bag for an even purer finished product.

The press instructions say start w the settings and backdown in 5 degree increments until you see a loss of yield. That really does not tell me anything about flavor though, and as subjective as it is, I am just going to have to play with it. Where is a good starting point for flower that has been cured and stored at 62, assuming I am just doing nugs in parchment? My AK is quite lovely now that it has some month and a half in cure, and i've 3 lonely zips on hand.

I did cringe at the youtube videos of people holding torches a cm off the quartz and cooking that shit till it's like white (well over 900 i assume). So no, I don't want to set any press ratio records or see if I can make my banger look like the surface of the sun.

I've thought about represses in bags to clean up something good. The cool thing is it's got a lot of utility. I will probably start off pressing .7-.8g nugs and say portioning that into 6 visits to the rig (dunno how this stuff will hit me). Prob press and scrape what I am going to vape that evening until I have the comfort level up that I am not just wasting decent bud. I assume the fresher the press the better or does this stuff need to sit after being pressed?

yea for sure. The main thing I’ve learned about rosin is quality in quality out. Also it is somewhat strain dependent (some strains just are meant for making concentrates) what has worked for me with one strain does not necessarily work for me with the next. I feel each time I do a new strain I kinda have to tweak it a bit here and there. Could be something simple as up five or ten degrees could need another 15 seconds on the press.

What kind of pressure can yours put out. Mine can only do about 1 Ton and that’s with me putting all my weight on it lol. Some strains didn’t do well for me squishing flower either. For those I tend to make dry sift first then press.

I like to press at a Lower temp I Usually start out at 180 degrees for about 30-45 seconds for a first press. If I didn’t yield much I might turn it up or press for a lil longer. Gotta just play with it. Since the stuff has been curing for a lil bit it will prob come out a little darker. The color doesn’t mean much to me but I get golden stuff when I press fresh harvest.

If you press it low it will come out pretty clear but over the next few days it will butter up and become like a dough. If you press higher temps you could get a more shatter like product

Cali Connection Green Crack (Pf) - Day 56+64 - link to start.
HSO Raspberry Diesel (Pf) - Day 103+32 - link to start.

US Breeder White Widow (Pf, clone1) - Day 77 - link to cut.
HSO 707 Headband (Pf) - in soil (29th) - Day 57
MMG Nagual 1:1 (Pf) - Day 43 - link to start.
US Breeder BlueBerry (a) - Day 43
(clone1) - Day 33
(clone6) - Day 16
HSO Purple Trainwreck (Pf)x2 - Day 29 - link to start

Today I looked at the GC, and it said to me "check me sunday". I gave it a liter of ph'ed water.

I gave the RD another liter of the same ph'ed water. I mixed up a liter with some new nute by Roots Organic called HPK, all organic, no nitrogen, 0-4-3 with Ca 1/Mg .5 in solution. Thinner than their buddha bloom or grow which is pretty chunky. Squirt of the HPK, .625ml of Mammoth P, 1.25ml seaplex, ph to 6.5 ~400ppm, I gave the BBa about 200ml of this, gave the RD about 300ml and the other half liter later.

Seen a few small flys of our favorite variety hanging around the veg area. I put some of the mosquito bits on top of the soil of all the plants and always have a few sticky traps out. I am sure they hitchhiked in on the FFOF soil I did not cook first. Only seen one or two of them, the water I use has mosquito bits already in it...so they should disappear soon with the lower RH. Never seen them in the tent. I get the CO2 up to about 5000ppm once a day. I think that kills them in their adult stage.

yea for sure. The main thing I’ve learned about rosin is quality in quality out. Also it is somewhat strain dependent (some strains just are meant for making concentrates) what has worked for me with one strain does not necessarily work for me with the next. I feel each time I do a new strain I kinda have to tweak it a bit here and there. Could be something simple as up five or ten degrees could need another 15 seconds on the press.

What kind of pressure can yours put out. Mine can only do about 1 Ton and that’s with me putting all my weight on it lol. Some strains didn’t do well for me squishing flower either. For those I tend to make dry sift first then press.

I like to press at a Lower temp I Usually start out at 180 degrees for about 30-45 seconds for a first press. If I didn’t yield much I might turn it up or press for a lil longer. Gotta just play with it. Since the stuff has been curing for a lil bit it will prob come out a little darker. The color doesn’t mean much to me but I get golden stuff when I press fresh harvest.

If you press it low it will come out pretty clear but over the next few days it will butter up and become like a dough. If you press higher temps you could get a more shatter like product

So, how soon after harvest do you press new stuff? Before it's dry? Curious about this because I have a plant coming up for cut soon and would love to skip drying and press some. Or does it need to clear for a few days?

I purchased a nugsmasher mini. It has 2.5" square plates, says ~2 tons. I assumed I would be doing small nug batches most of the time, or 1/8ths in bags. My bags will not be here till next week. Now that I look at the stats on the units, I should have spent 3 more bills and ordered the one with 4x4 plates and 12 tons of pressure. I will be fine though, if I detect a disadvantage, then I can upgrade.

Is there a benefit to pucking or pressing your under 1g nugs into a puck before pressing? Some say there is less leaf spread on the parchment into the rosin.

I cut down and trim like I would normally dry it. Then when they are ready to go into jars is when I usually start pressing. You want the plant to get rid of most of the water it has in it because that will just make your rosin a big goopy mess. I have a pre press for my bags but I do not pre press my individual nugs. If the plant material isn’t as dense to start out with you might want to puck it.

My plates are kinda big so I don’t like to do small batches as much because the rosin doesn’t get to escape from under the plates. It just sits there under the heat killing my terps haha

Back
Top Bottom