Nobody's COB Perpetual: Various Strains & Some Edible Fun At Times In A Tiny Tent

Cxm 22 3000k 95cri. are luminous. 36v 2100ma I’ve heard good things and can get them cheap. Ok so I can get bye with less than 500w. I’ve heard 50w psqf. But see you guys grow great plants with less. So I’ll just do 4 in each row with a dimmer. No problem with temps or humidity with led. Only got high when I added hps. Concrete wall helps I think. It all needs a paint job.

You should get a decent amount of reflection off that wall. I have lighter colored walls, and that is how I get by with so little in veg, the bounce off the wall is not too bad....actually measures better than the tent.

I would do each row on a dimmer and it's own plug so you can run em individually. Sometimes you get a 3' plant that wants a lotta light and a 5'+ that looks like it burns.

3k is the way to go for flower. Most plants will need a shit ton of Ca/Mg under these lights....start early.

You should get a decent amount of reflection off that wall. I have lighter colored walls, and that is how I get by with so little in veg, the bounce off the wall is not too bad....actually measures better than the tent.

I would do each row on a dimmer and it's own plug so you can run em individually. Sometimes you get a 3' plant that wants a lotta light and a 5'+ that looks like it burns.

3k is the way to go for flower. Most plants will need a shit ton of Ca/Mg under these lights....start early.
Ok. No way to run 1 plug, 1 timer & 2 dimmers? I’m not an electrician. I also thought maybe not securing the cobs/heat sink to the frame. Then I could move them around with the training. Idk. I’m along way off. Still have to build the wall, seal and paint, order parts, seeds etc...there’s a new cxm Horticulture cob I’m thinking about. It’s burple which I don’t mind, except for pictures.

Ok. No way to run 1 plug, 1 timer & 2 dimmers? I’m not an electrician. I also thought maybe not securing the cobs/heat sink to the frame. Then I could move them around with the training. Idk. I’m along way off. Still have to build the wall, seal and paint, order parts, seeds etc...there’s a new cxm Horticulture cob I’m thinking about. It’s burple which I don’t mind, except for pictures.

Yeah that can all be ran on one plug., just thinking about wires and walking around it moving plants.

I would prob just go 3K, there is plenty of red, and if you decide later to add more red, you can do it on a different ballast/dimmer and run reds on a different timer if you wanna get fancy and try like red the last 4 hours of a 15 hour bloom or something like that.

I would really try to keep the walls and floor white, maybe hit it with an oil base primer.

Seedsman is great for seeds.

Yeah that can all be ran on one plug., just thinking about wires and walking around it moving plants.

I would prob just go 3K, there is plenty of red, and if you decide later to add more red, you can do it on a different ballast/dimmer and run reds on a different timer if you wanna get fancy and try like red the last 4 hours of a 15 hour bloom or something like that.

I would really try to keep the walls and floor white, maybe hit it with an oil base primer.

Seedsman is great for seeds.
Ok. Just ordered 8 3000k 95cri, holders, heat sinks, 40lbs of carbon, wagos. I like your idea about dimming & adjusting height for each row separately. Less ducking. Can always change it later one way or the other.

Yeah I’m going for a gleaming white room with a panda floor. It’s gonna look nice with the cobs.

Thanks again for the help, didn’t mean to highjack your thread. This wasn’t supposed to happen for 3months. Lots of projects to finish 1st, I’m gonna get an earful. Sorry honey couldn’t help it.

Ok. Just ordered 8 3000k 95cri, holders, heat sinks, 40lbs of carbon, wagos. I like your idea about dimming & adjusting height for each row separately. Less ducking. Can always change it later one way or the other.

Yeah I’m going for a gleaming white room with a panda floor. It’s gonna look nice with the cobs.

Thanks again for the help, didn’t mean to highjack your thread. This wasn’t supposed to happen for 3months. Lots of projects to finish 1st, I’m gonna get an earful. Sorry honey couldn’t help it.
What did you end up spending?

Plus, when it comes to cutting for the Al, it will be easier to rig up two runs X feet long, and easier to move 5gal pots around them vs a square.

Ive had 6' plants in 5 gal pots before....you should have plenty of headroom if your in an old concrete bldg like that. Grow some fucking 8' vegged 150 days sativas!

Your not hijacking anything and welcome in here or anywere else anytime.

Maybe start a journal with your light build?

Are you vegging in the same area? Just doing one run at a time?

What did you end up spending?

Plus, when it comes to cutting for the Al, it will be easier to rig up two runs X feet long, and easier to move 5gal pots around them vs a square.

Ive had 6' plants in 5 gal pots before....you should have plenty of headroom if your in an old concrete bldg like that. Grow some fucking 8' vegged 150 days sativas!

Your not hijacking anything and welcome in here or anywere else anytime.

Maybe start a journal with your light build?

Are you vegging in the same area? Just doing one run at a time?
$104 cobs, $160 for heat sinks, holders & wagos & $54carbon 40lbs. Still debating on drivers & pots. $84 a piece.

You sold me on the arrangement. I really like the idea of separate height adjustments. & being able to stand up in the middle is big for me. Have a Mars 96 I could put in the middle too. The room is only 6’5”-5’4”. It’ll give me more room to maneuver.

Lol, ceiling is only 8’. Nice thought though. I can’t let them go that long. Stealth is a priority. I need medium, fast, bushes.

1 run at a time & I’m going to do a journal. I’ll probably just do a couple pics of old set up vs new & start when they get vegging.

This might all be for not if I can’t get reasonable control of the smell. Hence the 40lbs of carbon. Last time, the last 2 weeks were bad at night when they respire. Got away with it but had to cut earlier than I wanted. This will be a much tighter set up. If not I’ll be trying to sell you my lights.

$104 cobs, $160 for heat sinks, holders & wagos & $54carbon 40lbs. Still debating on drivers & pots. $84 a piece.

You sold me on the arrangement. I really like the idea of separate height adjustments. & being able to stand up in the middle is big for me. Have a Mars 96 I could put in the middle too. The room is only 6’5”-5’4”. It’ll give me more room to maneuver.

Lol, ceiling is only 8’. Nice thought though. I can’t let them go that long. Stealth is a priority. I need medium, fast, bushes.

1 run at a time & I’m going to do a journal. I’ll probably just do a couple pics of old set up vs new & start when they get vegging.

This might all be for not if I can’t get reasonable control of the smell. Hence the 40lbs of carbon. Last time, the last 2 weeks were bad at night when they respire. Got away with it but had to cut earlier than I wanted. This will be a much tighter set up. If not I’ll be trying to sell you my lights.

pretty good deal on the lights. You will clear that in a harvest vs retail prices.

Smell was bad for me one grow. I bought a Can90 carbon filter and put it next to the tent in the closet with a 6" Can HO fan.....turn that on for 5 min and it clears everything.

I also run a carbon on the exhaust of the tent....right now I am using a can light with the new AC infinity 6" fan (which is a killer fan with a lotta head if you need a new fan).

I also have a can 33 waiting in the wings for when either of them crap out on me. Prob is it's pretty heavy for a top mount in the tent.

pretty good deal on the lights. You will clear that in a harvest vs retail prices.

Smell was bad for me one grow. I bought a Can90 carbon filter and put it next to the tent in the closet with a 6" Can HO fan.....turn that on for 5 min and it clears everything.

I also run a carbon on the exhaust of the tent....right now I am using a can light with the new AC infinity 6" fan (which is a killer fan with a lotta head if you need a new fan).

I also have a can 33 waiting in the wings for when either of them crap out on me. Prob is it's pretty heavy for a top mount in the tent.
[/QUO

I’ve seen your set up before. Grow store guy told me it’s the best way to go. I’m saving it for an emergency. 5gal bucket has 3.75” of carbon. I don’t see it not working as long as the air flow is sealed/steady etc. I do want one of those fans though they are nice.

Photos
Unknown C99 @ 106 days @ 24 days flower
Greenhouse Seed Company Diamond Girl @ 90 days @ 24 days flower
MMG Txaki @ 46 days
Humboldt Blue Dream @ 46 days
Greenhouse Seed Company Diamond Girl 1.1 rooted @ 34 days

Autos
2x Dutch Passion Auto Glueberry OG @ 24 outside
2x Dutch Passion Auto Duck @ 9 outside
1x Humboldt OG Kush Auto @

Dropped in water
1x Humboldt OG Kush Auto sunk-napkin

Greetings stoners of the night! I've got a little Gotan Project playing. If you have never heard of them, get stoned and listen, it's good late night chill stuff.

Couple photos today, the veg area, I have the Blue Dream on the 3.5g bucket, the smaller of the two on the mat is the diamond girl, the other the Txaki. Sometime this week these three will go in 4 or 5g pots....need to see what I have onhand.

The autos which have been outside are looking very good. @24 days the Auto Glueberry does not have pistols....so this makes me hopeful. Something was munching on one of them, I could not locate it, they got Spinosad. The Autoducks are barely up. One of the OG Kush Autos got in soil today, it's tap was about an inch, the other one required a razorblade and still might be deformed, it's still in the napkin.

I brought them in for the night just in the breakfast area on the other side of the house from the tent, it's supposed to get below 60. I could put a halogen in a light socket for them outside and that would work for low 60s. I did not get my Kind light setup in the garage....and might not....might just bring inside in the PM and out when warmer.

No tent photo, been trying to give the c99 enough N and K to make her happy (barely getting close chasing this) and the diamond girl is a Ca K hog. So different nutes for both. I am starting to see some nice frost on the Diamond Girl, I raised the lights on her bc the uppermost leaves were curling up a bit much for me-I might bring them back down now....I am impressed by their size at just 24 days flower, takeup is excellent and I am giving them about 500-1200ppm over a L.5/day. I really like this ones smell, it's like powdery vanilla cream ish. Hopefully it's a decent smooth smoke cause I have a clone!

If I get one of these two Humboldt OG Kush autos up I will be done with the outdoor auto run. I am giving them nutes, but it's closer to 200-400ppm for the larger glueberry. Sooooo....prob will not drop anything else photo for 40 or so days.

Stones LIB in mono because I can.

Late last night I dug out the OG Kush, it was growing sideways and yellowing. I uprighted it, and today it's a bit greener and I can see it's first real leaves coming out. The other one has a bit of a f-up'ed tap root. I probably would benefit from taking a razorblade to the shells under a microscope prior to soaking them. Thick ass shells make this seedling 2/7.

Some goodies have arrived. Nobody, you’re right. 2 4’ lights is a way better use of this space. I might do a build journal too. At least for the drill and tap. People seem to have trouble with this. It’s not hard, especially aluminum. I got 140mm heat sinks for $12 by being able to ignore the hole pattern. Starting in a week or two, I’ll let you know.
264D8271-422D-46BD-8089-8E2CD69E7716.jpeg
A7306D43-3952-43CD-A750-1C8D279A4452.jpeg

I just picked up a can 33 filter with a 6in. Vivosun fan 440 CFM. to go in my new Mars tent with my New Mars COB lights 4 of them for a 5X5 tent. My wife Hates the smell I hope it will keep the smell down so she doesn't get all bent out of shape

I just picked up a can 33 filter with a 6in. Vivosun fan 440 CFM. to go in my new Mars tent with my New Mars COB lights 4 of them for a 5X5 tent. My wife Hates the smell I hope it will keep the smell down so she doesn't get all bent out of shape

It should work, if it does not get a second to run as a scrubber.

Some goodies have arrived. Nobody, you’re right. 2 4’ lights is a way better use of this space. I might do a build journal too. At least for the drill and tap. People seem to have trouble with this. It’s not hard, especially aluminum. I got 140mm heat sinks for $12 by being able to ignore the hole pattern. Starting in a week or two, I’ll let you know.
264D8271-422D-46BD-8089-8E2CD69E7716.jpeg
A7306D43-3952-43CD-A750-1C8D279A4452.jpeg

Each of my 100w cobs is on 12" centers. My 50w er are on 14" centers. I did not build the mounts cause I am a lazy stoner and have to many projects.

I've often felt that at what I am pushing them at, I could move them about 15" apart at higher wattages.

Photos
Unknown C99 @ 106 days @ 27 days flower
Greenhouse Seed Company Diamond Girl @ 90 days @ 27 days flower
MMG Txaki @ 49 days
Humboldt Blue Dream @ 49 days
Greenhouse Seed Company Diamond Girl 1.1 rooted @ 37 days

Autos
2x Dutch Passion Auto Glueberry OG @ 27 outside
2x Dutch Passion Auto Duck @ 12 outside
1x Humboldt OG Kush Auto @ 1 outside
1x Humboldt OG Kush Auto @ in soil

Today I put the last OG Kush Auto in soil mix. it has about a 1cm taproot that is kinda jacked looking. I buried it straight up so hopefully it will just pop.

Keeping the autos out tonight I gave them another soaking of Spinosad because the last one was kinda wimpy bc it was sunny out and I did not want to burn em. Today I soaked em. Something had been chewing on one of the Glueberry.

Glueberry, no pistols yet, but looks ready.

Ducks (older) and OGK

Over in the tent the c99 is getting a lotta N and K, yellowing has slowed, it's the plant on the left, the DG is getting a lotta Ca, less N and about the same amount of K. Lower outside temps = lower inside temps too so I turned up my lights and turned on the 66nm for about 360w.

What's the reason the higher wattage COBs are closer together than the lower wattage ones?
Right, you’d think it was opposite...

OK, general light discussion follows.

couple years ago, I bought a 4x50w cit cob in 3.5k. It's a square fixture made for a tent. I added two 660nm lights inbetween the cit cobs for a net wattage of about 250w.

When I went to a 3x3, I bought a 2x100w Vero in 3k to run alongside in the tent. Nets about 208w

They are both original fixtures as from Timber Grow, with the exception that I added reds to the 3.5k

I've thought about putting them in one fixture, but I like the different heights even in the 3x3.

So, they were made in a footprint per timber grow and i've kept it that way.

I have rarely ran them at full on....my electric is free nights all 11cents a kwh thereafter. Reason I don't run them full on is mostly because of heat, however when the house is cold, I got some white bud tips at 15-18" off trying to run them full out. This I am theorizing that all of them are still spaced too close together to run full on even outside the tent.

More spread is more spread if I removed my tent and just ran in the closet, I would space these lights out MUCH more.

Back
Top Bottom