Nobody's COB Perpetual: Various Strains & Some Edible Fun At Times In A Tiny Tent

Photos
Unknown C99 @ 106 days @ 27 days flower
Greenhouse Seed Company Diamond Girl @ 90 days @ 27 days flower
MMG Txaki @ 49 days
Humboldt Blue Dream @ 49 days
Greenhouse Seed Company Diamond Girl 1.1 rooted @ 37 days

Autos
2x Dutch Passion Auto Glueberry OG @ 27 outside
2x Dutch Passion Auto Duck @ 12 outside
1x Humboldt OG Kush Auto @ 1 outside
1x Humboldt OG Kush Auto @ in soil

Today I put the last OG Kush Auto in soil mix. it has about a 1cm taproot that is kinda jacked looking. I buried it straight up so hopefully it will just pop.

Keeping the autos out tonight I gave them another soaking of Spinosad because the last one was kinda wimpy bc it was sunny out and I did not want to burn em. Today I soaked em. Something had been chewing on one of the Glueberry.

Glueberry, no pistols yet, but looks ready.

Ducks (older) and OGK

Over in the tent the c99 is getting a lotta N and K, yellowing has slowed, it's the plant on the left, the DG is getting a lotta Ca, less N and about the same amount of K. Lower outside temps = lower inside temps too so I turned up my lights and turned on the 66nm for about 360w.

OK, general light discussion follows.

couple years ago, I bought a 4x50w cit cob in 3.5k. It's a square fixture made for a tent. I added two 660nm lights inbetween the cit cobs for a net wattage of about 250w.

When I went to a 3x3, I bought a 2x100w Vero in 3k to run alongside in the tent. Nets about 208w

They are both original fixtures as from Timber Grow, with the exception that I added reds to the 3.5k

I've thought about putting them in one fixture, but I like the different heights even in the 3x3.

So, they were made in a footprint per timber grow and i've kept it that way.

I have rarely ran them at full on....my electric is free nights all 11cents a kwh thereafter. Reason I don't run them full on is mostly because of heat, however when the house is cold, I got some white bud tips at 15-18" off trying to run them full out. This I am theorizing that all of them are still spaced too close together to run full on even outside the tent.

More spread is more spread if I removed my tent and just ran in the closet, I would space these lights out MUCH more.
Yeah I was thinking not securing the heat sinks to the rails. I want to be able to focus the light where most needed as it grows. Like when the plants are small have lights slid closer together turned down. & then move them apart and up as the plant grows, cranking up the power along the way. Idk, something like that. Just thinking.

Yeah I was thinking not securing the heat sinks to the rails. I want to be able to focus the light where most needed as it grows. Like when the plants are small have lights slid closer together turned down. & then move them apart and up as the plant grows, cranking up the power along the way. Idk, something like that. Just thinking.

If your vegging small plants under them, pushing them together is not really going to do much....but, if you wanted to make the adjustable, I've seen some AL bracket stuff that you could wingnut into and slide em.

FWIW....look back at some of the plants i've vegged using 1 cob 100w vero, and only running it at about 40-50%. You don't need alot of light in veg.

Even at 14" centers, you can come down to about 5" off the plant and turn all the way down.

But....that being said, some plants can't tolerate as much light as others. Another case for 2 rows 2 dimmers. Helpful if your shuffling plants at different ages.

If your vegging small plants under them, pushing them together is not really going to do much....but, if you wanted to make the adjustable, I've seen some AL bracket stuff that you could wingnut into and slide em.

FWIW....look back at some of the plants i've vegged using 1 cob 100w vero, and only running it at about 40-50%. You don't need alot of light in veg.

Even at 14" centers, you can come down to about 5" off the plant and turn all the way down.

But....that being said, some plants can't tolerate as much light as others. Another case for 2 rows 2 dimmers. Helpful if your shuffling plants at different ages.
Ok I’ll check it out. I certainly don’t want to scorch em.

Photos
Unknown C99 @ 106 days @ 29 days flower
Greenhouse Seed Company Diamond Girl @ 90 days @ 29 days flower
MMG Txaki @ 51 days
Humboldt Blue Dream @ 51days
Greenhouse Seed Company Diamond Girl 1.1 rooted @ 39 days

Autos
2x Dutch Passion Auto Glueberry OG @ 29 outside
2x Dutch Passion Auto Duck @ 14 outside
2x Humboldt OG Kush Auto @ 2 outside
2x Dutch Passion Auto Durban Poison soaking

Welcome @DonkeyDick !

Today not much going on, I strung up the noisy and heat producing kind 300 or whatever it is, it's 200w of pure red bath. It's 40s outside....so. But it does give thought that I could run a photo or two in the garage over the winter. Or just take over the entire garage (wife would kill me), and I don't want to trim that much. Garage is almost at 80, insulated windowless door.

Here is closer of whats going on in the tent, for 30 days I am happy. The c99 has 4 mains, the diamond girl has 2. Smell on the DG is amazing-sweet, caramel, vanilla, the c99 is just weed smelling.

So, since that light works so well in the garage, I am thinking of dropping a couple fem afghani. I am short coin this month do to wife shopping. I might order another chibi in 4K to run alongside the blurple in the garage/outside.

I just dropped a pair of Dutch Passion Auto Durban Poison. Last two I have.

I also put on some Dire Straits, it's going to be a good night. I had about half a cheeba chew.

Hey, don’t blame that in being an auto, that could happen to any seed. Lol

I think I need to buy more auto seed if I am ever going to locate one that does not suck. They remind me of redheads-a lot of shit talking and one occasionally shows.

Great colas on the DG and nice stacking on the C99! And whenever I'm short on money I consider buying new lights too :).

It will be ok, I will put it off for a month. I can also prob go dig out a MH and a ballast at the barn if I look hard....and we know that will keep em toasty in the garage over winter AND grow weed. 1KW, run that bitch on free nights.

Pretty chill day today, got to take the kid to the track for a bit to try out his car some.

I think I am going to up pot or prep the pots for the Humboldt Blue Dream and MMG Txaki when I get back. They are still in solos, and I don't want them getting rootbound and crappy. It's been a few weeks since the topping, so an uppot followed by another topping in a week 10 days should get them ready for flower in about 40 or so.

Thinking 5 gallons for these, one is going to get tall, the other, prob not so tall....

The flower in the tent is smelling nice, I parted the Diamond Girl Buds a bit last night....both are getting sticky and frosting up on the sugars well...these should be good. Turned the lights up a little to 370w.

Think I am going to order another 2x100w vero 3K for the tent and move the citi 50wx4 3.5k to the garage. That fixture has two ballasts and would probably reduce some of the tent heat.

Then the plan would be to drop a pair of autos every couple weeks in hope that I can do a zip+ every couple weeks for variety. I don't want large plants that require days to trim, just something I can pluck on one day, then hang a couple days later with minimal effort. And variety.

Prob going to put an order together for like 15 auto strains if seedsman has a sale or deal.

Welp little more rain-up potting tomorrow-it will be warmer(veg solo cups)

internet is down again-suck

one of the glue berry is pouting a lot-but otherwise looks good-I think it’s the pot size-tough all it gets is a 2 smart.

autos got washed outside

more pulling apart buds in the tent-both are smelling nice. Both are sticky as can be...

Today I up-potted the MMG Txaki and Humboldt Blue Dream into #4 smarts with a pro mix, ffof, roots organic mix.

There back in veg for 40-50 more days.

I topped the Diamond Girl clone-will up pot in a week or two. Speaking of-mom in flower is smelling amazing-probably the sweetest smelling weed I have encountered staying on the sugar side of things and not going floral-should make for a great smoke.

I wish I could share photos-but internet is still broked. But they tell me fairies are working on it. So maybe the Etherbunny will visit tonight.

Autos doing well being autos.

Photos
Unknown C99 @ 106 days @ 35 days flower
Greenhouse Seed Company Diamond Girl @ 90 days @ 35 days flower
MMG Txaki @ 57 days
Humboldt Blue Dream @ 57 days
Greenhouse Seed Company Diamond Girl 1.1 rooted @ 45 days

Autos
2x Dutch Passion Auto Glueberry OG @ 35 outside
2x Dutch Passion Auto Duck @ 20 outside
2x Humboldt OG Kush Auto @ 8 outside
2x Dutch Passion Auto Durban Poison @ in soil

Well finally got the internet back up. Al Gore and his fairies took a week.

Been feeding the autos, planted the Durban today, up-potted the Blue Dream and Txaki yesterday, waiting another few days on the clone since I topped it, and been dumping about 2.5L a day of nutes on the tent gals. The autos go in the garage under the kind blurple overnight....sponsored by free nights and weekends!

Messaged Dan @TimberGrowLights to hook me up with another 2x100w vero in 3k for the tent. Thus will let me move the 4x50w citi 3.5k to either the garage, or use it for veg elsewhere if needed.

The Diamond Girl is smelling fantastic, it's like a vanilla caramel, not powdery or floral....man if it smokes that way....wow....probably the sweetest smelling weed I have ever laid a nose on.

One of the OG Kush Autos has that wonderful fucked up growth thing going on like one of the other seeds did....might 86 it and drop another if I have one....or something to fill a pot.

I need to order more pots. lol.

Diamond Girl looks great, veggers look great, outsiders look great, and the ducks look like the best I've seen here so far!

Does you local power company think it's a 1990s telco? Do they have so much excess capacity at night that they're doling it out for free? What's up with that?
Free Nights and Weekends. Don't mind me pulling 500w at the wall x2, and then what ever stereo amp I am running (20amp circuits).

Oddly enough, my power is rarely over 2 bills a month for 3K feet and 3 fridges.

Very happy with the DG, and glad to have a clone....it's smell is interesting, no weedish at all. My wife thinks it's almost like caramel candle. Prob smoke like uber nasty.

I can't get my plants to grow sideways like that. How the......
In that room, the floors are painted like the walls and the walls are concrete. Make sense now?

Back
Top Bottom