NOCO - Coco Loco - Tahoe OG - ScrOG - 2014 Grow Journal

Man drying an curing is the hardest. I'm actually gonna try a new method this time as I'm hoping to be in the 2 lb range. I'm gonna dry in my tent (dark of course) with the ac on and an oscillating fan until the stems crack. Then I'm going to either use jars or vac seal them with boveda humidity packs and see how they work. My buddy swears by them.

Man I can't get over that sea of colas. I can't wait until my tents filled out. I can't find much on bubba Tahoe but I'll just go off of trichs anyways. I usually start flushin as soon as I get about 5-10% amber giver or take. Cause I like to harvest around30- 40% and after the dry/ cure it usually puts you on your ass. However I just go off my gut and what the plant is telling me.

Man drying an curing is the hardest. I'm actually gonna try a new method this time as I'm hoping to be in the 2 lb range. I'm gonna dry in my tent (dark of course) with the ac on and an oscillating fan until the stems crack. Then I'm going to either use jars or vac seal them with boveda humidity packs and see how they work. My buddy swears by them.

Man I can't get over that sea of colas. I can't wait until my tents filled out. I can't find much on bubba Tahoe but I'll just go off of trichs anyways. I usually start flushin as soon as I get about 5-10% amber giver or take. Cause I like to harvest around30- 40% and after the dry/ cure it usually puts you on your ass. However I just go off my gut and what the plant is telling me.

Mcweedy, I get you man when you say drying and curing is the hardest, because its hard to resist to smoke! Humidity packs? I keep hearing about these, gonna have to do some research! Thanks for the advice!

Any other growers have that special trick that they swear will bring out stickiness and stank? What I'm looking for is someone who can share how they get stinky sticky buds every harvest.

Mcweedy, I get you man when you say drying and curing is the hardest, because its hard to resist to smoke! Humidity packs? I keep hearing about these, gonna have to do some research! Thanks for the advice!

Any other growers have that special trick that they swear will bring out stickiness and stank? What I'm looking for is someone who can share how they get stinky sticky buds every harvest.

If you have real genetics the stickiness and stinkyness will come out when the plant is grown and cured properly.

If you over fertilize the plant it will probably smell a lot grassier. Better to be borderline deficient than borderline toxic at the end.

My last pull was my first one in coco and the finished product was a little greener and grassier than I would have liked. This round I am going to let them finish out longer and get a nice fade on them before chop.

Subscribed

here is something i found on the ingredints to the CocoLoco im using, looks like its a coir:

FoxFarm BushDoctor Coco Loco Potting Mix is a water retaining soil consisting of composted forest humus, coco coir, perlite, earthworm castings, fossilized bat guano, Norwegian kelp meal, oyster shell and dolomite lime (for pH adjustment), as well as beneficial bacteria and mycorrhizae. The coir used in this soil is triple washed to ensure a quality product with low salt content.

This is exactly why I am asking, so many different answers. I have read so much on it that there is no clear answer. I have read anywhere from 5.7-6.4?? I thinks its not a hydro or a soil, but more of a soil-less medium?? It also says it has dolomite lime for ph adjustment, am I correct in thinking that i should still worry about my ph?
So I watered 2 gallons of distilled water each to #1 & #2 Tahoe OG today. Since I am growing in CocoLoco should my medium ph be at 5.8 or 6.5?

Also i noticed this leaf today,
20140603_002256_1_.jpg

Anyone know what could be causing this? Could it be nutrient burn?

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

The leaf damage in your photograph appears to show a phosphorous deficiency

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Thanks Shottafire, Mcweedy, Kiefers! So I guess Flushing is where I'm guided to go. I read a lot about flushing vs not flushing. I even read on Bud Washing. Even though I want to grow some super long dense colas, I think smell and taste are far more important. So I will flush tonight!

KingJohn, thanks I appreciate the help. I fixed the issue by watering skipping the feeding. I had burnt tips which made believe it was a nute burn. Not sure if that was the best diagnostic, but it fixed the issue.

I have started to notice that my leaves are turning yellow, more now, even drying and falling off. I'm 6 days from my 70 day recommended Flowering time. So I'm sure I'm getting close. just don't know how close i really am. The reason i don't know is because i have a 30x loupe that isn't worth a shit! I don't recommend 30x. I am going to need a 60x soon, I think this will give me a better look, and give me a definite answer.

Damn nice Buds, some cola's. Reminds me of my first grow where I LSTed every plant to produce multiple cola's. +reps for such a fine journal and grow.

Thanks Dyoid! This is the very first time i have tried a SCROG, and i like it! I think I'm going to improve my scrog method. Weight of colas, is not something to complain about, but i really want to space colas out more evenly and stand them up straighter! This is not an issue until late flower, but I'm not a fan of my buds falling over and breaking, i had 2 of them break on me this run. Live and learn as they say.

Thanks Dyoid! This is the very first time i have tried a SCROG, and i like it! I think I'm going to improve my scrog method. Weight of colas, is not something to complain about, but i really want to space colas out more evenly and stand them up straighter! This is not an issue until late flower, but I'm not a fan of my buds falling over and breaking, i had 2 of them break on me this run. Live and learn as they say.

I have read that silicon can add to stem strength however I have not used any to date, just reading about it. ah Subbed btw also :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom