Nodine: The Marijuana Is Not Mine

Weedpipe

420 Member
MOBILE, Alabama - A Mobile county commissioner says its not my weed.
County Commissioner Steve Nodine is under investigation after the Mobile County Sheriff's Office said marijuana was found in Nodine's county-issued vehicle.

Nodine said he doesn't know where the marijuana came from, and that it's not his.

Mobile County Sheriff Sam Cochran held a news conference Wednesday afternoon.

He said, "This morning, deputies at the county garage were summoned to a county vehicle because an employee there reported finding what appeared to be marijuana in this vehicle."

The truck was at the county garage on Virginia Street for maintenance.
Cochran said the Ford Pickup was issued to County Commissioner Steve Nodine.

The sheriff said, "I did summon Commissioner Nodine to my office and informed him of this investigation that was taking place and that he could expect to be questioned by some of our investigators. Commissioner Nodine has not been arrested."

But that does not mean he's off the hook.

Cochran said, "The nature of the investigation right now is to determine to source of the marijuana as well as the owner of the marijuana."
The sheriff said District Attorney John Tyson is also aware of the investigation.

Nodine issued a written statement.

It said, "I want to be clear that I did not possess marijuana, nor use any marijuana, found in this vehicle.
Since first being notified, I have been and will continue to fully cooperate with the investigation."

A spokesperson said Nodine will not be available for any further comment until next week.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: WKRG.com
Author: Steve Alexander
Copyright: 2009 Media General Communications

heheheheheheheee :roorrip:

quote "It said, "I want to be clear that I did not possess marijuana, nor use any marijuana, found in this vehicle."

he didn't use any marijuana found in the vehicle, probably didn't get a chance to, if it was anyone besides a county, city or state official he would be in jail pending the outcome of the investigation, the last time I was arrested for marijuana I said it wasn't mine also, I had tossed it to the ground and they found it, but they had no proof that I tossed it there, I went to jail anyway, I tried to fight it but my lawyer was worthless, I spent 30 days in jail for it, about an 1/8 of an ounce, :peace:

Guilt by association. :roorrip:

Mobile County Sheriff Asks State To Take Over Case
--------------------------------------------------

MOBILE, Ala. -- Mobile County sheriff Sam Cochran this afternoon said he has asked the state Department of Public Safety to take over the county's investigation into what appeared to be marijuana found in a county vehicle used by Commissioner Stephen Nodine.

"While I have the utmost confidence in our investigators to conduct a professional investigation into the complaint filed with deputies last week, I have asked Colonel Chris Murphy of the Alabama Department of Public Safety to take over the investigation out of an abundance of caution to prevent any perception of political bias," Cochran said in a news release.

"It is very important to the reputation of this office that the investigation and its outcome are free from any speculation of political influence and that the facts are presented openly so that this matter can be put to rest as quickly as possible."

Cochran said the Sheriff's Office is in the process of turning over all of its evidence to Alabama Bureau of Investigation investigators.

During a maintenance check Wednesday at the county garage on Virginia Street, what the Sheriff's Office described as a "leafy, green, plant-like material" was found inside the Ford pickup truck that had been issued to Nodine.

Nodine has denied that the substance belongs to him. He has not been arrested or charged with a crime, officials said.

On Monday, Nodine attended a regularly scheduled meeting of the Mobile County Commission. He did not publicly address the matter and did not give detailed comments about the investigation.

"I'm cooperating with the investigation and appreciate the professionalism of everyone involved," Nodine said after the meeting. He would not comment further.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Alabama Live
Author: Rhoda Pickett
Copyright: 2009 Alabama Live
Website:Mobile County sheriff asks state to take over suspected marijuana case

Test Confirms Marijuana in Mobile County Official's Truck

MOBILE -- The Mobile County Sheriff's Office said forensic tests confirm that the plant substance found in a county vehicle last month is marijuana.

The sheriff's office told the Press-Register that the Department of Forensic Sciences has the results of the test.

A "green, plant-like material" was found inside a truck that had been issued to Commissioner Stephen Nodine by a mechanic servicing the vehicle on Dec. 23.

Nodine has not been charged with a crime and has denied the marijuana was his.

The sheriff's office has passed the investigation to the Alabama Bureau of Investigation, citing a conflict of interest. - AP

Back
Top Bottom