Non inline extractor fan & carbon filter help please

Fluffy Haze

Hi all

Before anyone shouts at me...I have searched for the answer to this question all over but not quite found what I needed so I've not come to this without looking, I know there are a lot of threads relating to this subject.

I was wondering why I was getting confused with the carbon filter and extractor fan set up, and I've realised I haven't bought an inline fan, just a basic bathroom extractor fan.

I've tried to work out how I can use this to keep the carbon filter inside the grow room as I gather you should, but can't see how to make it work.

I have absolutely no money to buy any more supplies so need to make the best of what I've got, can anyone help?

Thank you in advance...and sorry for raising a thread on carbon filters/fans...just couldn't find the exact answer I needed.

:thanks:

I am new, so take this with a grain or two of salt. But if you've got a small room, wouldn't you just be able to put the extractor fan at the exhaust end and pull the air through the filter? Maybe I'm misunderstanding though.

I am new, so take this with a grain or two of salt. But if you've got a small room, wouldn't you just be able to put the extractor fan at the exhaust end and pull the air through the filter? Maybe I'm misunderstanding though.

Thanks for responding :)

I see what you are saying, I think that's what I have been trying to set up it's just there isn't an inline connection on my fan, it's just a normal fan. I don't if it's possible to just tape the ducting to this fan and it would work in a similar way to an inline connection?

Don't most fart fans hook up to a duct to vent outdoors? I would think there is a fitting on the back of the fan. You would need to keep the fan in the room, but move your filter outside the room.

I'm facing a similar dilemma with my 2 92x92mm fans. My solution is to get a register vent duct and fix the fans inside the vent hood, seal them and align the hood w/ my exhaust cut outs on the box. Then I can just connect the 6" round end to mr carbon filter inside the box. I'll post some pics on my journal when I get it done so you can see what I'm talking about. :)

Good luck!
Korloin

Don't most fart fans hook up to a duct to vent outdoors? I would think there is a fitting on the back of the fan. You would need to keep the fan in the room, but move your filter outside the room.

Lol,fart fans, I like that!

This is what I was thinking of doing in the first place but then found out the filter should be in the room.

I think this might be my only option if the gaffer tape approach doesn't work!

I'm facing a similar dilemma with my 2 92x92mm fans. My solution is to get a register vent duct and fix the fans inside the vent hood, seal them and align the hood w/ my exhaust cut outs on the box. Then I can just connect the 6" round end to mr carbon filter inside the box. I'll post some pics on my journal when I get it done so you can see what I'm talking about. :)

Good luck!
Korloin

Thanks Korloin....and I will keep my eyes open on your journal.... :)

No prob Fluffy! I've been learning quite a bit about various facets of construction doing this! Things I would never consider attempting in the past. It's a trip and I'm digging it far more than I could have imagined. Everyday is a new thing to learn. :) I'm subbing your journal too btw. We can learn together. :passitleft::icon_cool

No prob Fluffy! I've been learning quite a bit about various facets of construction doing this! Things I would never consider attempting in the past. It's a trip and I'm digging it far more than I could have imagined. Everyday is a new thing to learn. :) I'm subbing your journal too btw. We can learn together. :passitleft::icon_cool

Bless ya Korloin!

Definitely good learning from others, I think that's why the journals are so good. Both experience and newbie ones give such great ideas and help...I'm looking forward to watching your girls grow!

I hear ya on the needing to make things you wouldn't ever have considered before, I don't lack the ability just the will to do this sort of thing. I am hoping that because I love the plant so much for it's relief purposes it will make this even more fun... but a bit more nerve wracking! :D

Fluffy I know it is said that the filter should be in the room/tent but I have mine outside the tent. On my big tent I have a fan attached to my light fixture inlet and then ducted outside to another fan and then into the attic where I have the filter. Total 6" ducting of around 9' and I'm controlling the odor and the temp. Seems to work good for me.

Fluffy I know it is said that the filter should be in the room/tent but I have mine outside the tent. On my big tent I have a fan attached to my light fixture inlet and then ducted outside to another fan and then into the attic where I have the filter. Total 6" ducting of around 9' and I'm controlling the odor and the temp. Seems to work good for me.

Fab, thanks Bill. Always good to hear of things working in a different way! I did bookmark a link to a DIY scrubber that was outside the grow room which is why I got confused. I feel an experiment coming on...inside or outside using a non inline fan!

I will give both a go and update my journal with it in time.

Back
Top Bottom